Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Threatening behaviour

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think we'd both agree that was on the wrong side of the line... I'm talking about taking action way before anything like that would happen. This isn't a simple peanut butter debate, it's much more complicated. I'm just asking you to clamp down on over-the-top personal abuse, I'm sure that isn't too demanding a request for someone as clearly intelligent as you are, even if it does involve a degree of judegment.

I'm going to pick this up later when I get home from the office.

I'll also be checking back to see how many 'report posts' you have filed, since as someone with a firm opinion on this, I imagine you've filed loads. I'll post the results here so we can cross-check.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Odd that, for example, a person who seems to have enough money to throw around on hookers, gambling and heavy boozing, for example, has to resort to buying cheap second hand tickets. Unless of course they would appear to be a violent psycho and they are banned from buying tickets through the club?

Leave me out of this please Baz.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I'll also be checking back to see how many 'report posts' you have filed, since as someone with a firm opinion on this, I imagine you've filed loads. I'll post the results here so we can cross-check.

At the end of the day where do you draw the line ? As I have said before, if people want to continue hurling insults do it by PM and don't mess up threads for other people.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I'd be suprised if I havn't reported more than average. Not sure why I would need to be singled out personally but feel free. :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think we'd both agree that was on the wrong side of the line... I'm talking about taking action way before anything like that would happen. This isn't a simple peanut butter debate, it's much more complicated. I'm just asking you to clamp down on over-the-top personal abuse, I'm sure that isn't too demanding a request for someone as clearly intelligent as you are, even if it does involve a degree of judegment.

As far as I am aware we do try to stop things going OTT, although I have called some people on here all the names under the sun, and received the same in kind. Starting posts about other posters is discouraged, but even within the mod community we have different lines in the sand about what constitutes abuse, and we hope that an element of self censorship restraint applies too.

We all have full time jobs, but reported posts, as far as I am aware are usually dealt with, even if it does not satisfy the complainant.

FWIW, CRUNCHY all the time over smooth when it comes to peanut butter, but I take the other standpoint when it comes to CLUNGE.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As far as I am aware we do try to stop things going OTT, although I have called some people on here all the names under the sun, and received the same in kind. Starting posts about other posters is discouraged, but even within the mod community we have different lines in the sand about what constitutes abuse, and we hope that an element of self censorship restraint applies too.

We all have full time jobs, but reported posts, as far as I am aware are usually dealt with, even if it does not satisfy the complainant.

FWIW, CRUNCHY all the time over smooth when it comes to peanut butter, but I take the other standpoint when it comes to CLUNGE.

What?!!!!! Are YOU actually MENTAL??!!

Smooth all the way! ;) :p

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Originally Posted by El Presidente
As I have said before, name calling is one thing, and let's face it, we do it for 90 minutes every Saturday without much hesitation.

What has happened recently has gone far beyond that, and is unacceptable, and will result in sanctions being taken.

What exactly has happened recently to make this announcement necessary?

Re posted.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Strangely enough, but I can't be certain, I think someone was giving me the proverbial 'outside now' bit on here in the wee hours this morning... if it wasn't so sad and terribly macho I would still be in tears laughing! (he is 41 so he pointed out to me).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
NSC can be a force for good, as evidenced by it's central role in REMF, Falmer, Evan Warren etc.

However recently there has been a spate of unpleasant incidents, including threats via text/phone, one person being stalked after another did not like a post, offers to 'meet up' and similar pathetic issues.

If there is any repeat of such behaviour

1: You will face a lifetime ban (and on NSC, life means life).
2: Your IP address will be taken and any accounts opened from that address will be closely monitored to see if it someone returning.
3: There will be full co-operation with the police and any other authorities.

These issues have gone beyond a bunch of kids calling each other names. The protaginists are all middle aged men, who should know better.

Profiling has indicated they suffer a lack of self esteem, sexual dysfunctioning and a poor education, but none of that gives them the right to threaten individuals on this website.

You have been warned, now grow up FFS.

Care to say that to my face :glare:

:jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re posted.

someone from here took a dislike to someone else's post and:

1: Found out their real life name
2: Found out where they live
3: Turned up at their house one evening in the dark and scared the life out of the original poster's wife

Ahem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here