Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Threatening behaviour

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Err.......encouraged by whom?

Well sometimes doing nothing about it (until now it seems) allows it to happen without consequence. I contacted a mod years and years ago asking for some personal abuse on here to be dealt with. I was told "Nah. If I do it, he'd only rant on about me forever, once he's unbanned."

Glad somethings finally afoot.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well sometimes doing nothing about it (until now it seems) allows it to happen without consequence. I contacted a mod years and years ago asking for some personal abuse on here to be dealt with. I was told "Nah. If I do it, he'd only rant on about me forever, once he's unbanned."

Glad somethings finally afoot.

I still don't see how that is encouraging people to have a go at Ian Hart or Attila.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I still don't see how that is encouraging people to have a go at Ian Hart or Attila.

It's encouraging it by doing nothing about it. If you nipped it in the bud it wouldn't happen. The fact a blind eye is turned is enough. If nothing is done about it then people presume it's an acceptable way to act.

I'm glad the mods are (finally) cracking down on it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's encouraging it by doing nothing about it. If you nipped it in the bud it wouldn't happen. The fact a blind eye is turned is enough. If nothing is done about it then people presume it's an acceptable way to act.

I'm glad the mods are (finally) cracking down on it.

Depends on your definition of 'it'.

Should it extend to stopping criticism of players, managers, employees and directors of the club too?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Should it extend to stopping criticism of players, managers, employees and directors of the club too?

Of course there is a line, and that's when personal judgement comes in. I'm sure a mod as good as yourself will be able to tell though El Pres ;)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Of course there is a line, and that's when personal judgement comes in. I'm sure a mod as good as yourself will be able to tell though El Pres ;)

Would you say it is on the WRONG side of the line if someone from here took a dislike to someone else's post and:

1: Found out their real life name
2: Found out where they live
3: Turned up at their house one evening in the dark and scared the life out of the original poster's wife (albeit not menacingly)?

This was over (from what I can tell) was a trivial disagreement, does it really matter whether crunchy peanut butter is superior to smooth or not?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Odd that, for example, a person who seems to have enough money to throw around on hookers, gambling and heavy boozing, for example, has to resort to buying cheap second hand tickets. Unless of course they would appear to be a violent psycho and they are banned from buying tickets through the club?

Criticism or personal abuse?
For example, I thought some, possibly justified, criticism of the Falmer Project Team's Operations Manager quickly became personal abuse (imo) and the outcome was supension of the ATFPT facilty.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Criticism or personal abuse?
For example, I thought some, possibly justified, criticism of the Falmer Project Team's Operations Manager quickly became personal abuse (imo) and the outcome was supension of the ATFPT facilty.

I agree that some of the posts were unwarranted, as was the comment from the person in question that 'I would not piss on you if you were on fire' directed towards one of the mods, in public. NSC is independent of the club, and will remain so, it is one of the central pillars of this board and I think everyone is in agreement with Bozza on this.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Would you say it is on the WRONG side of the line if someone from here took a dislike to someone else's post and:

1: Found out their real life name
2: Found out where they live
3: Turned up at their house one evening in the dark and scare the life out of the original poster's wife?

This was over (from what I can tell) was a trivial disagreement, does it really matter whether crunchy peanut butter is superior to smooth or not?

I think we'd both agree that was on the wrong side of the line... I'm talking about taking action way before anything like that would happen. This isn't a simple peanut butter debate, it's much more complicated. I'm just asking you to clamp down on over-the-top personal abuse, I'm sure that isn't too demanding a request for someone as clearly intelligent as you are, even if it does involve a degree of judegment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here