Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Need something truly inspirational from our batsman now but Aussies tails are up and a long long way back for us now

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boycott had summed it up nicely as usual, we are just waiting to get out. We need to actually score some runs to slowly ease the pressure. We still need 3 centuries from the remaining batsmen and I don't think we are going to get more than one.

Relying on the weather now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not good enough I'm afraid in this match, what's the betting KP out to Lyon for about 25 runs.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Boycott had summed it up nicely as usual, we are just waiting to get out. We need to actually score some runs to slowly ease the pressure. We still need 3 centuries from the remaining batsmen and I don't think we are going to get more than one.

Relying on the weather now.

Sure we are relying in the weather but that's cricket. We have played well enough in this series to forgive a couple of bad days. Need a good ish day today though. Bat all day today and are maybe 7 or 8 down tonight plus avoid the follow on, then the draw is nailed on. Loads of rain around Sunday afternoon and most of Monday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If we can't make another 208 on this wicket against this attack with the batsmen we have.....we might as well burn this set of stumps too.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Te big question is will we avoid the follow on. If we do the game will be over and we retain the Ashes if not who knows. The first hour tomorrow will be crucial and we need to have Prior and Broad still in bat after it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it must be odds on for a draw now as Aussies will bat most of the day and leave us to defend 1 day and possibly a few overs tonight if they can score runs quickly enough.

We need to bowl tight and try to restrict their rate of scoring. If they can get 150 by tea we will be in trouble.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hi Pietersen haters, you seem awful quiet today, what's wrong?

Yes, excellent performance from KP. Especially seeing how so many Aussies struggled to make runs on that wicket.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are letting them score at over 4 an over which is too quickly if we wih to save the game as we have very little chance of winning it now Famous last words as they are now 104 -4.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here