Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two points re Cook, one on Brearley:

1. Who else is there who wants / is able to be captain? You can rule out Root, KP, Bairstow straight away, and of the rest I don't think any of them want the hassle of it. They seem fairly content under Cook.

2. Cook's batting seems to thrive when he's captain. Obviously now I've said that he'll be out tonight, but right now he's doing the business and responding to Clarke's own wonderful captain innings.

3. Mike Brearley may have been a truly great captain but he was a shocking test batsman, basically a walking wicket. 0 hundreds in 66 innings in 39 tests, only 9 fifties. By today's standards he'd have been dropped after a handful of tests on his batting form alone.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to Cricinfo Bresnan never hit it. Cook, at the other end, opts not to review.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
According to Cricinfo Bresnan never hit it. Cook, at the other end, opts not to review.

If the batsman himself wasn't confident that he'd not touched it, you can hardly blame Cook at the other end.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Hit his thigh bad - bat was a mile away from the ball! I think Cook wasn't sure so sacrificed him as night watchman

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why the **** was that not reviewed!? What is up with us!? Is Cook getting anal with these reviews!?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hit his thigh bad - bat was a mile away from the ball! I think Cook wasn't sure so sacrificed him as night watchman

Whatever way you cut it...........shit umpiring YET AGAIN.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Are England trying to lose so that people attend the remaining 2 tests.

I'm pretty sure that virtually ALL tickets have been sold for this and the last 2 Tests. The ECB never has a problem shifting Ashes tickets since we started winning them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here