Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They got smashed all over the place in those 5 overs between them. So do you think we should of given KP a go as well then?

Joe Root should've been given a short spell on his own in tandem with Swann as Australia would have looked to score runs off him. It's called attempting to buy a wicket.

Edit: it's "SHOULD'VE" or "SHOULD HAVE". Sort it out Fawlty FFS.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Joe Root should've been given a short spell on his own in tandem with Swann as Australia would have looked to score runs off him. It's called attempting to buy a wicket.

Joe Root is only a part-time bowler, must remember he is still young. We should of played Monty Panesar, simple as that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Joe Root is only a part-time bowler, must remember he is still young. We should of played Monty Panesar, simple as that.

SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE

SAKE. Please learn, you clown!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh god, didn't know this was School Spelling bee? I recognized my mistake, but didn't bother to edit it. Can we all remember one important thing here, we are 2-nil up in the Series. Not 2-nil down, for crying out loud.

What I remember is getting thumped 5-0 in 2006, 4-0 in '89, 3-0 in '90, in amoung many other 4-1 and 3-1 defeats. I want their humiliation to be complete and total, not coming back into a series. We had our foot on their throat and we've lifted it off. The important thing here is that this is the worst Aussie side in 30 years, and the last thing I want to see is a competitive bloody series.

So yes, I bet a lot of people are mightly f*cked off we've let them get back into this, flat pitch or not.

Edit: it's "SHOULD'VE" or "SHOULD HAVE". Sort it out Fawlty FFS.

You should of been a teacher.

:moo:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE

Yes sir?! Am I going to be in Detention now for it?

Question remains, I didn't know this was a School Spelling bee?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

the quweston of wether monty Panasaer is a mute won becuase he wosnt picked. if we could of picked him who wud we of dropped? butt no i didnt wont him playing becuase he isnt gud enuf.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Surely a School Spelling Bee would be a competition about spelling, rather than grammar?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Seriously aren't you a Comedian?!
Comedian should have a lower case "c" and I'm not sure that an exclamation mark should follow a question mark, although I could be wrong there.

Seriously Basil, this is a cricket thread. It's a better class of poster you see in these threads, and as a rule, spelling is important to the educated. Shouldn't you be on a crisp world cup thread or something?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They got smashed all over the place in those 5 overs between them. So do you think we should of given KP a go as well then?

Basil, stop being facetious, the point is Cook could have done more all round with the odd rotation of bowlers, and changes to field placings.

If you're happy with how Cook has captained, then we have very different views on what a captain should be doing in the field. I am just about old enough to remember the days of Mike Brearley, whose place in the side was cemented by his intuition and brilliant leadership. In recent times Vaughan showed that same instinctive ability to get wickets from no where.

Cook is a young lad with a massive future, but being captain is more than what you score with your own bat.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE
SHOULD'VE or SHOULD HAVE

Should not he be doing the lines not you?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Comedian should have a lower case "c" and I'm not sure that an exclamation mark should follow a question mark, although I could be wrong there.

Seriously Basil, this is a cricket thread. It's a better class of poster you see in these threads, and as a rule, spelling is important to the educated. Shouldn't you be on a crisp world cup thread or something?

Better class of Poster?! Seriously I've been playing and watching Cricket since the age of 7 mate. I've faced many Bowlers in my lifetime, (yes I have faced Lewis Hatchett and played with him for my club).

I know what Cricket is about from top to bottom. You say I should stick to the Crisp Thread, seriously don't take the moral high ground. You worthless cretin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here