Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone think England could play themselves into a "Reverse Adelaide" situation here? We could bat sensibly, make 500 & then the pressure is all back on an underperforming batting line up which could very easily cock up a 3rd Innings in the same way as we did back in Adelaide '09.

Swann's on for his best ever test figures here as well. 2 more wickets.

Well that appears to be hopeless optimism. Draw to retain the Ashes then.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Couldn't agree more Mark. This pitch will offer chances to the new ball and the general flatness is masking how well the Aussies saw off both new balls in their innings. Avoiding the follow on is going to be about 340...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
england will be 2 down come close tonight
Wise words and bang on the money yet again, Mark. :thumbsup:

People would do well to read what you have to say instead of taking the piss out of you as you're a very knowledgeable sports fan. Do you think any of our batsmen are going to get a hundred?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Couldn't agree more Mark. This pitch will offer chances to the new ball and the general flatness is masking how well the Aussies saw off both new balls in their innings. Avoiding the follow on is going to be about 340...

We'll have to bat properly to draw this one but we should be capable of it. Looks like there's some weather about tomorrow & Monday as well.

D

Deleted member 18477

This test match is boring!!!

1st and 2nd tests were much better!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our best hope id for the Ausies to bat the day out and leave us to defend 2 innings in 3 days which shsuld be possible. Or score enough to avoid the follow on i the first innings.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is Root injured? Seeing that our ONLY spinner has taken 5 wickets, was it not worth giving Root a few overs today?

Cook has looked bloody clueless for 2 days it has to be said.

He is very by the book. No field setting experiments, no unusual rotations of bowlers, try a different length with some catchers. Vaughan was a genius at creating doubt and simply confusion with some really creative and unusual set ups which had batsman and pundits pondering alike.

It's almost like he's captaining by a spreadsheet.

Yes it's been hard, but **** me, Cook needs to realise a captain can buy a wicket in situations like this. Instead a flogged bowling attack and a massive uphill battle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

He is very by the book. No field setting experiments, no unusual rotations of bowlers, try a different length with some catchers. Vaughan was a genius at creating doubt and simply confusion with some really creative and unusual set ups which had batsman and pundits pondering alike.

Yes it's been hard, but **** me, Cook needs to realise a captain can buy a wicket in situations like this. Instead a flogged bowling attack and a massive uphill battle.
Yes, he's a crap, dull captain IMO.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

I couldn't agree more, but the wicket hasn't helped the situation. It is a Batsman paradise and if you look at the Scores, Lanacashite have got this season on that Wicket. No wonder not many results have come of that Square.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here