Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Better class of Poster?! Seriously I've been playing and watching Cricket since the age of 7 mate. I've faced many Bowlers in my lifetime, (yes I have faced Lewis Hatchett and played with him for my club).

I know what Cricket is about from top to bottom. You say I should stick to the Crisp Thread, seriously don't take the moral high ground. You worthless cretin.

Lolz

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Better class of Poster?! Seriously I've been playing and watching Cricket since the age of 7 mate. I've faced many Bowlers in my lifetime, (yes I have faced Lewis Hatchett and played with him for my club).

I know what Cricket is about from top to bottom. You say I should stick to the Crisp Thread, seriously don't take the moral high ground. You worthless cretin.

You clearly evaded reacting to any sledging from these bowlers when you played then! :lolol:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Basil, stop being facetious, the point is Cook could have done more all round with the odd rotation of bowlers, and changes to field placings.

If you're happy with how Cook has captained, then we have very different views on what a captain should be doing in the field. I am just about old enough to remember the days of Mike Brearley, whose place in the side was cemented by his intuition and brilliant leadership. In recent times Vaughan showed that same instinctive ability to get wickets from no where.

Cook is a young lad with a massive future, but being captain is more than what you score with your own bat.

You do realize, we beat India in their own backyard for the first time since the 80's under him. We came back from 1-nil down to do that, not a easy task in India. We also somehow got a draw against New Zealand away and then quite rightly beat them comfortably 2-nil back here.

Now we're 2-nil up in the Ashes and you want to question his captaincy?!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Lower case c in cricket, lower case b in bowlers, lower case c in cricket again. :thumbsup:

And we've all played cricket here, love. It's just that cricket is a thinking man's game. Look at the quality of posters on here: Titanic, Bold, ME (obvioiusly), BrightonMark128, Hillian, HKFC, Pavillionaire etc - some of the finest minds on NSC. That's what makes your presence on here so baffling.

P.S. What do you think of Beef Monster Munch?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You can tell the state of this Test Match when the posting becomes a spelling binfest...

Draw on the cards here, I reckon. If the so-called "out of form" players (Cook and KP, for example) turn things around like Clarke has, we'll get up to near the Aussie total I reckon.

Or, it could all be complete bobbins and we'll lose by an innings and 300 runs.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
There's some classy bullying going on in this thread, I thought simster had grown out of this sort of thing

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You do realize, we beat India in their own backyard for the first time since the 80's under him. We came back from 1-nil down to do that, not a easy task in India. We also somehow got a draw against New Zealand away and then quite rightly beat them comfortably 2-nil back here.

Now we're 2-nil up in the Ashes and you want to question his captaincy?!

What are you doing on here if we can't discuss our thoughts on the players and their performances?

I don't care if you've faced Curtly bloody Ambrose, Cook is not immune from criticism, and I suspect the papers will be filled tomorrow with pundits looking at what Cook and England might have done better in the field.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There's some classy bullying going on in this thread, I thought simster had grown out of this sort of thing

I notice he only mentions Monster Munch but refuses to place them between 1 and 11.

Lower case c in cricket, lower case b in bowlers, lower case c in cricket again. :thumbsup:

And we've all played cricket here, love. It's just that cricket is a thinking man's game. Look at the quality of posters on here: Titanic, Bold, ME (obvioiusly), BrightonMark128, Hillian, HKFC, Pavillionaire etc - some of the finest minds on NSC. That's what makes your presence on here so baffling.

P.S. What do you think of Beef Monster Munch?

I haven't played cricket, well only Thursday night get as pissed as you can cricket.

And Beef Monster Munch are the daddy.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks

And having played with Basil Fawlty, no one knows more about poor spin bowling than him. Does Panesar have a lucky twig???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
28-0 Only another 500 req.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not wishing to push providence but the important thing is to not lose a wicket tonight. Was it not said that there were 23 overs to face tonight and we have had 20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here