Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lol….hey i did think of dashing out the door…still toying with making the 6am opening :moo:

6am filled up with diesel (first time since 18th Sep) in a queue of just four cars, (or rather my better half did).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Set off early. I am low on fuel but I wanted to get past the patcham roundabout as I knew it had fuel and traffic would get banjoed. Just made it past half hour ago. Hopefully it's run out or been ordered to shut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:

I like the image of the customers having a punch up bottom right.

Attachments

• 98247D79-4F34-4E64-8295-E4EE6DF3080E.jpeg
    98247D79-4F34-4E64-8295-E4EE6DF3080E.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 222

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I thought it was gradually getting marginally better but all 4 garage forecourts shut on my journey to the office.

Looks like another fuel gamble run in my lunch break.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:lolol:

I like the image of the customers having a punch up bottom right.

The VIDEO of that punch up is TREMENDOUS.

It goes on for a few seconds, then the guy on the top in that still photo is actually walking away - until the bloke on the bottom stupidly comes back for more, aims a final kick and punch at him and gets a decent right-hander for his trouble and ends up on the deck. Silly sod.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/25/chic...-as-tempers-flare-amid-panic-buying-15317322/

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Close in ten mins according to website

I found out around 10:45pm that they had fuel ... I only had 20 miles in the tank after 2 failed attempts to get diesel. So shot out to the car and got to the Shell garage at 10:53. They had blocked all entrances with bollards!!! Bollards I thought :) But there was a bit of a gap on the roundabout entrance so I sneaked in ... as did a number of cars after me.

Queued behind car that was just paying and so I was filling up just before 11pm. It did shut off though when I got to around 38 litres ... not sure if that's because they shut down all pumps at 11pm or if they were restricting per customer ... there were certainly no signs to say they were.

So I have at least got just under 3/4 tank which will hopefully last me until the panic buying is over.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I found out around 10:45pm that they had fuel ... I only had 20 miles in the tank after 2 failed attempts to get diesel. So shot out to the car and got to the Shell garage at 10:53. They had blocked all entrances with bollards!!! Bollards I thought :) But there was a bit of a gap on the roundabout entrance so I sneaked in ... as did a number of cars after me.

Queued behind car that was just paying and so I was filling up just before 11pm. It did shut off though when I got to around 38 litres ... not sure if that's because they shut down all pumps at 11pm or if they were restricting per customer ... there were certainly no signs to say they were.

So I have at least got just under 3/4 tank which will hopefully last me until the panic buying is over.

Good to hear you aren’t panicking :)

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

It goes on for a few seconds, then the guy on the top in that still photo is actually walking away - until the bloke on the bottom stupidly comes back for more, aims a final kick and punch at him and gets a decent right-hander for his trouble and ends up on the deck. Silly sod.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/25/chic...-as-tempers-flare-amid-panic-buying-15317322/

It appears to almost end with handshakes at the end. All that anger, testosterone, adrenaline flushed out of the system and you are left with that sudden empty awareness you were just fighting strangers for absolutely nothing. Probably worth going for a pint after to be honest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was down to 34 miles in the tank, then the doris (who is a care worker) got a heads up yesterday that the garage just before Shoreham High Street was getting a delivery at 8pm for key workers only. I was picking her up from work at 8.15pm anyway, so I picked her up and we scooted straight round there. No queue at all. The entrance had bollards across it with a bloke checking IDs. A quick flash of her Healthcare security pass and it was Open Sesame to a full tank.

Stopped off at the Cricks on the way home to watch the rest of the Man City game as well.

#winning

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Panic on the streets of London, Panic on the streets of Birmingham, I wonder to myself... Will there ever be fuel again ?....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was down to 34 miles in the tank, then the doris (who is a care worker) got a heads up yesterday that the garage just before Shoreham High Street was getting a delivery at 8pm for key workers only. I was picking her up from work at 8.15pm anyway, so I picked her up and we scooted straight round there. No queue at all. The entrance had bollards across it with a bloke checking IDs. A quick flash of her Healthcare security pass and it was Open Sesame to a full tank.

Stopped off at the Cricks on the way home to watch the rest of the Man City game as well.

#winning

So for a bit of business on the side, just loan your wife out to all your mates, so they can get a tankful of fuel as they have a key worker in the vehicle with them. Not sure what the going rate is for this, but should at least provide some beer money.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think it's time to get someone (probably OB) to go for a walk down these massive queues which keep appearing everywhere whenever there's a delivery and checking fuel gauges, anyone with more than half a tank gets told to FO.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It's like Mad Max, only with chavs and filmed near a roundabout.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Right ! Going out into the Max Max wasteland on a fuel mission.

Will only check locally so as not to burn up too much liquid gold on the quest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here