Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Monday evening....

Just got some unleaded at Morrisons at Wick/Littlehampton.

Wednesday lunchtime....

Right ! Going out into the Max Max wasteland on a fuel mission.

Grrrr... you only got some Monday evening FFS. I'm down to >60 miles. Can I pop round and fight you?*

*only if you're local, otherwise you may have to come to me.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Think it's time to get someone (probably OB) to go for a walk down these massive queues which keep appearing everywhere whenever there's a delivery and checking fuel gauges, anyone with more than half a tank gets told to FO.

Also, anyone in a brand new car gets sent to the back of the queue as they are generally more fuel-efficient :wink:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Monday evening....

Wednesday lunchtime....

Grrrr... you only got some Monday evening FFS. I'm down to >60 miles. Can I pop round and fight you?*

*only if you're local, otherwise you may have to come to me.
Indeed. I do loads of miles for work and ( specifically this week ) childcare. Was on the last engine warning for fuel.

Anyhow, quest success :

SHELL, Burgess Hill has unleaded only. Minimal queuing.

Holy Grail.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have mostly watched all this unfold from a distance, with a dismayed shrug at the lack of common sense on display, but have been mostly unaffected (a third of a tank and no long journeys planned for long enough for this to blow over).

However, our cleaner has just CANCELLED on us due to not having enough effing petrol to get here!

This sh|t has just got serious - may all the panic-buying IDIOTS burn in a petrol fire in hell for making me push a vacuum cleaner round and [shudder] attempt to over-power the cluster(****) of spiders that has taken up residence in our bathroom! :angry:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
There's your problem.
Petrol.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Are there any petrol stations in Worthing that are open for ‘non panic buyers’ ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Shocking scenes up here. 3 cars filling up at once at the Jet garage - a first. 1 car queuing at Tesco when I left work. No cars at all at the Shell garage on the way home and it was OPEN! What on earth is going on? :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
might be catching the train to work, if this carries on past Friday.

I watched NewsNight last night and they did some analysis on how long this may last, based on data from the Fuel Retailers Association, some mathematical modelling based on the number of vehicles on the road and the amount of fuel that has been bought since the weekend.

The upshot was that we should be coming out of this by the end of the week as deliveries begin to re-balance with demand.

But then the reporter said something like, "of course, this MAY all change if people sense better availability and decide to keep topping up when they have no need to, just in case."

Well - thanks for that, you ****wit. There is no proof this will happen; no need to mention it; no need to instill a sense of continued panic. Just let things settle down and we'll all be able to get what we need.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So the politicians say the situation is stabilising.

I can almost get that they lie to us when they tell us about the future (but wonder why anyone believes them) but when they lie about the present I can't even begin to understand how they have the nerve

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
On may way to work this morning, Tesco Express by the North Star had fuel. The Harvest one at the bottom of Goring railway bridge was receiving a delivery first thing so should have some left.

Looking at the queues on Google maps, the ESSO on the A27 at Swandean and possibly Tesco West Durrington may also have some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here