Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'll need fuel in the next couple of days and not sure how to go about it.

Considering driving a loop through haywards heath out to chailey on the a272 as I'll pass 4 garages. My worry is sitting in a queue to find there's no Diesel.

Also considering going very early or very late, has anyone had any success with either or is it completely luck of the draw?

I think it is luck of the draw. I would advise going to a station that has a sale cash limit if at all possible, I went to the Asda in Ferring and they had set all the " Pay at Pump " settings to £30 , it meant that although busy, it was a fairly quick moving queue.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Fuel Updates Sussex on FB if you can access.. people post info and saves a lot of guesswork as to where to go.

I'll need fuel in the next couple of days and not sure how to go about it.

Considering driving a loop through haywards heath out to chailey on the a272 as I'll pass 4 garages. My worry is sitting in a queue to find there's no Diesel.

Also considering going very early or very late, has anyone had any success with either or is it completely luck of the draw?

Jul 25, 2021
There's non-stop videos of fights at petrol stations being put onto the internet by all the crappy new stations ie The Sun, The Independent, The BBC etc. The snakes who manipulated this fiasco are now feeding off the drama they created.

The fights are exactly what the MSM want and knew would happen. It now feeds the debate that we need some sort of Covid health/passport app but for things like petrol and toilet roll too. The elites must be loving this as they know the sheep are just going to agree with whatever the solution is even if it means less freedom. But as long as you're safe, then what's to complain about? Let the elites dictate our life, let them control our media and let them manipulate us into fighting each other. Question your neighbours need for petrol or your other neighbours need to avoid a mask. They're the ones they want us fighting with. Not the profiteers of all this chaos, divide and conquer.

The more chaos created/manipulated, the more the sheep are going to want more and more establishment control over themselves. Once the supermarkets inevitably shutdown for whatever reason, that's the jackpot and that's when we'll be begging for an app that maintains order in how much we'll eat, exercise, breathe freely, learn, travel, dance, read, buy and share. The App will probably be called 1984 and the sheep will think it's saving them from death. Similar to the current one they're handcuffed to.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There's non-stop videos of fights at petrol stations being put onto the internet by all the crappy new stations ie The Sun, The Independent, The BBC etc. The snakes who manipulated this fiasco are now feeding off the drama they created.

The fights are exactly what the MSM want and knew would happen. It now feeds the debate that we need some sort of Covid health/passport app but for things like petrol and toilet roll too. The elites must be loving this as they know the sheep are just going to agree with whatever the solution is even if it means less freedom. But as long as you're safe, then what's to complain about? Let the elites dictate our life, let them control our media and let them manipulate us into fighting each other. Question your neighbours need for petrol or your other neighbours need to avoid a mask. They're the ones they want us fighting with. Not the profiteers of all this chaos, divide and conquer.

The more chaos created/manipulated, the more the sheep are going to want more and more establishment control over themselves. Once the supermarkets inevitably shutdown for whatever reason, that's the jackpot and that's when we'll be begging for an app that maintains order in how much we'll eat, exercise, breathe freely, learn, travel, dance, read, buy and share. The App will probably be called 1984 and the sheep will think it's saving them from death. Similar to the current one they're handcuffed to.

Bang on the money, can't wait for 100th post.

Some silly old bint queued up for an hour in Peacehaven in front of a work colleague and put £7.90 in her car to top it up....

get the feck off this planet...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Oh, good grief

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just driven from Burgess Hill to Hassocks…..

Shell BH - long queue, causing very slow traffic both ways (something needs to be done prevent queuing to cross the oncoming traffic ?)
BP BH - no fuel
BP Hassocks - queue almost back to Friar’s Oak, only one pump open by the look of it
BP Pyecombe - no fuel
Texaco A23 Pyecombe - no fuel
Shell Hickstead - couldn’t see but judging by the queue in all directions there must be diesel and petrol available

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

How many years have you been waiting to post that?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gee that's even gloomier than " Brazil "

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think the petrol retailers reckoned it will be back to normal by Thurs / Fri once all the people who didn’t need to fill up have filled up, and the demand will be back to normal / slightly lower than normal.

So hold out till Friday / the weekend if you can

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Evening Megazone. How's the lovely Rosa? Still living rent free in your head?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Someone on our local FB group is asking if there are witnesses/door cams as her husband had his diesel syphoned and his tank emptied (that's not a euphemism). I'm surprised that there hasn't been more this TBH

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Someone on our local FB group is asking if there are witnesses/door cams as her husband had his diesel syphoned and his tank emptied (that's not a euphemism). I'm surprised that there hasn't been more this TBH

fuel cap not secured from inside car? i cant say all models have this, but been standard for a few decades. smells of fear mongering.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Most (even relatively new) cars have anti-siphon valves……..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

How old was his car :eek:

They started fitting anti syphon devices years ago. Even we had given up by the mid/late 70s :wink:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's a bit trickier but you definitely can syphon fuel from a modern vehicle.
Not the time to post details on how though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here