Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Joe 90

Sep 16, 2021
Vauxhall Novas are worth a lot of money these days, especially if you have an SR/GSi/GTE. Would have one over some boring jelly mould econobox any day.

*Has minor easily survivable crash if he were in a modern day car and dies*

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Vauxhall Novas are worth a lot of money these days, especially if you have an SR/GSi/GTE. Would have one over some boring jelly mould econobox any day.

*Has minor easily survivable crash if he were in a modern day car and dies*

From what Crodo has been saying though the fuel economy doesn’t seem great.
Think I will look elsewhere for my next car.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Maximum spend of £30......would surely make queues worse as would soon have to queue up again !!

Got petrol today in Eastbourne ASDA and there was £30 max spend. Bloke in front got £30 jumped back in and moved car forward 5 yards to next pump and tried to get another £30. Builder type bloke on adjacent pump sussed this out and started to give him stick rightly pointing out that half the problem was people like him. Bloke tried to play dumb but then forecourt staff member came over and whipped his card out of the machine and thrust it back in his hand. Her intervention was timely as builder was getting more agitated. When I spoke to her she claimed that he would not have been able to get more petrol even with different card on a different pump.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone know if Tesco Holmbush has fuel at the moment?

I don't need any fuel but want to do my grocery shopping and don't want to get stuck in fuel queues.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This thread is funny, Everyone else is being accused of being a selfish **** for buying petrol well apart from you lot because you need petrol :facepalm:

My car is currently sat on my parent's drive way 20 miles away because I couldn't get fuel after picking it up last Saturday from the dealer and it having 0 miles left so needs to be a local station to there. So I'm going to keep calling the people who don't need it but are queueing anyway selfish ****.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'll need fuel in the next couple of days and not sure how to go about it.

Considering driving a loop through haywards heath out to chailey on the a272 as I'll pass 4 garages. My worry is sitting in a queue to find there's no Diesel.

Also considering going very early or very late, has anyone had any success with either or is it completely luck of the draw?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Well I'm doing my bit, I currently have just under half a tank of fuel and don't need to fill up before next Friday, when I go on holiday.

Here's hoping my integrity doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well I'm doing my bit, I currently have just under half a tank of fuel and don't need to fill up before next Friday, when I go on holiday.

Here's hoping my integrity doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. :)

I'll need fuel in the next couple of days and not sure how to go about it.

Considering driving a loop through haywards heath out to chailey on the a272 as I'll pass 4 garages. My worry is sitting in a queue to find there's no Diesel.

Also considering going very early or very late, has anyone had any success with either or is it completely luck of the draw?

Just read this in the Telegraph. Maybe I'll just hold out another couple of days.

'Early signs' the fuel crisis is ending, says petrol group
The Petrol Retailers Association said there are "early signs" the fuel crisis is ending.

Executive director Gordon Balmer said: "There are early signs that the crisis at pumps is ending, with more of our members reporting that they are now taking further deliveries of fuel.

"Fuel stocks remain normal at refineries and terminals, although deliveries have been reduced due to the shortage of HGV drivers.

"We have conducted a survey of our members this morning and only 37% of forecourts have reported being out of fuel today. With regular restocks taking place, this percentage is likely to improve further over the next 24 hours."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here