Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good news- Petrol retailers are saying it will all be over by Thurs / Fri - once all the people who didn’t need to fill up have filled up.

Think you're probably right there, it will blow over.

The driver shortage though will go on. Really can't see many drivers coming over from Europe on short term visas, just not worth the grief. Many are scared by the day of chaos at Manston airport last December trying to get out of plague island

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Normally the card only pumps give you a maximum spend of £99 once your card details are accepted, today it just offered a maximum of £30 and yes, I tried to hold the trigger down but it cut out bang on £30.

I have no problem with this, in fact I think its a brilliant idea. If suppose you are off on holiday in the car to Scotland and you have a full tank but you have heard that many garages are closed due to running out of fuel its quite nervewracking thinking " Will I be able to get fuel in 350 miles time ? " If all petrol stations are limiting the spend to £30 it means more garages will have at least some petrol rather than get stripped bare. Yes, you might have to stop an extra couple of times but, thats a price worth paying to know you will be able to buy £30 at least.

And yes, some idiots will stop the moment they think they have room for £30 to top the tank but, it should stop people taking the piss until they find another loophole.
Interesting, some expert was on the radio saying once they ration petroleum it’s like admitting there is a shortage.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just got some unleaded at Morrisons at Wick/Littlehampton.

Can sleep soundly now without the looming horror of potentially running out mid-journey late tomorrow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got some unleaded at Morrisons at Wick/Littlehampton.

Can sleep soundly now without the looming horror of potentially running out mid-journey late tomorrow.

They must have had a delivery, it was closed at 12.00 ish this morning.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Interesting, some expert was on the radio saying once they ration petroleum it’s like admitting there is a shortage.
That's because there is a shortage where its actually needed at the pumps.

A massive stockpile at a refinery is no use to anyone.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This will linger on a while I reckon; my son has been told to brim his van whenever he can after it drops to 3/4 full and there was a lorry driver on C4 news who had been told similar.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’ve just driven through central Liverpool and there weren’t any queues at any petrol stations I passed. Perhaps you soft, southern, shandy drinkers just need to get your act together ?

I hope they've run out in Manchester. I've got some crappy 'facilitated team session' tomorrow, and the facilitators are driving up from there. if there's no petrol, it might be cancelled, and I can nurse my hangover at home....

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I’ve just driven through central Liverpool and there weren’t any queues at any petrol stations I passed. Perhaps you soft, southern, shandy drinkers just need to get your act together ?

Probably helps that the thieving Scousers don't worry about paying for their fuel so must make it a quicker process:wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully the shortage of petrol will prevent any Palace knuckle draggers attempting to burn their own town tonight!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson has ordered the army to remain on standby to help fuel reach petrol stations hit by panic buying, as Keir Starmer and businesses called on him to get a grip on the shortages rippling across the economy.

No 10 said army drivers would be ready to help deliver petrol and diesel on a short-term basis, but stopped short of an immediate deployment, even though some essential workers have not been able to carry out their jobs without fuel.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Jet at Findon just had a tanker turn up

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Two major hold-ups on the bus back from Shitsville tonight, both due to the roads being blocked with petrol station queues. First one was a 15-20 min wait, and at the second queue just outside Croydon the ST bus driver somehow managed a multi-point turn in the road after we hadn’t moved for about 30 mins and took a different route back. Got back to the Amex after 12.30 - took longer to get from Selhurst to the Amex than it did to get home to Sussex from Birmingham last week.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My workmate has called to tell me there's plenty of fuel at a garage on the way to today's job. "You can only get £30 at a time but I went three times yesterday"
Twunt.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They must have had a delivery, it was closed at 12.00 ish this morning.

Weird isn't it? It's like, I dunno, most petrol stations are getting deliveries of petrol as scheduled and there's no need to panic. Naa, that can't be it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tesco Shoreham has fuel

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
" Will I be able to get fuel in 350 miles time ? " If all petrol stations are limiting the spend to £30 it means more garages will have at least some petrol rather than get stripped bare. Yes, you might have to stop an extra couple of times

Prepare you nicely for going electric :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here