Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I'm quoting your original post, that I answered. The BBC (the government mouthpiece) reported it, which caused the panic. The papers didn't report anything until Friday.

The public responded exactly as the politicians thought they would, so they can now blame the public.
Yes, this bunch of Tories are that devious.

Are you really saying that you believe the government deliberately set out (via the BBC) to create a petrol shortage that didn't exist, in order to blame the public for the very same petrol petrol shortage ?

Now, if there actually was a shortage at the refineries (which there isnt) and this was caused by the Government (which as there is no shortage of fuel it wasn't) and the Government knew we would be running out (which we arent) then that scenario kind of makes sense. It would deflect away from whatever the cause of the petrol shortage was- and it would be quite clever though somewhat unlikely even for this crappy government

As it is this "shortage" has only deflected attention away from the shit show that is the labour conference and prevented the front pages showing us all how truly incompetent Starmers Labour Party is , thus making them seem slightly more electable than they are (which is not at all)

If that is what you believe- can I introduce tyou to my Nigerian cousin, he is a member of royalty dont' you know?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just spent ages trying to get home, roundabout at Hickstead blocked coming off the A23 because of people queuing to get into the Shell garage.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As it is this "shortage" has only deflected attention away from the shit show that is the labour conference and prevented the front pages showing us all how truly incompetent Starmers Labour Party is , thus making them seem slightly more electable than they are (which is not at all)

Although the government have been able to slip out that they are likely to reduce the threshold that graduates start paying back their student loans, effectively taking another £800 a year from youngsters on top of the NI surcharge, without the headlines that such a move would normally get.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you really saying that you believe the government deliberately set out (via the BBC) to create a petrol shortage that didn't exist, in order to blame the public for the very same petrol petrol shortage ?

Now, if there actually was a shortage at the refineries (which there isnt) and this was caused by the Government (which as there is no shortage of fuel it wasn't) and the Government knew we would be running out (which we arent) then that scenario kind of makes sense. It would deflect away from whatever the cause of the petrol shortage was- and it would be quite clever though somewhat unlikely even for this crappy government

If that is what you believe- can I introduce tyou to my Nigerian cousin, he is a member of royalty dont' you know?

Stanlow refinery at Ellesmere Port is on the brink of collapse.
https://news.sky.com/story/stanlow-...ancial-crunch-as-hmrc-deadline-looms-12410388

There is a lack of drivers for various factors, retirements, no medicals due to Covid, EU workers leaving etc etc. A large haulage company, RFT, has also collapsed, https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/giant-derbyshire-haulage-firm-collapses-5970639

It makes a perfect storm so let's leak the distribution problems and let the public take the blame. This is disaster capitalism.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just sat here thinking about my full tank having just cracked open a 24 pack of loo roll. What a time to be alive.

Am I safe in assuming you already have these from last week ?

13kg_Propane_Calor_Gas_Bottle_500px-or8temr3un9h1co1pgtqfyo6iax9imwuv84lhb7iiw.jpgthehistoryan.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just spent ages trying to get home, roundabout at Hickstead blocked coming off the A23 because of people queuing to get into the Shell garage.

Madness, that you now how to plan your journeys to avoid petrol station queues if you want to get anywhere without spending ages in a queue that you aren't interest in.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm quoting your original post, that I answered. The BBC (the government mouthpiece) reported it, which caused the panic. The papers didn't report anything until Friday.

The public responded exactly as the politicians thought they would, so they can now blame the public.
Yes, this bunch of Tories are that devious.

you give the government far too much credit for planning, for no benefit to them.

on the other hand, if there were someone at the BBC with an axe to grind, that might want to embiggen a minor press release... :ohmy:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you give the government far too much credit for planning, for no benefit to them.

on the other hand, if there were someone at the BBC with an axe to grind, that might want to embiggen a minor press release... :ohmy:

The benefit is the government think they are going to be praised for saving Christmas or whatever, and able to blame the media and the public.

Oh well, just a theory.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If all 7 fuel stations on the way to work tomorrow are shut then somewhere along the route home I'll be sleeping in the car waiting for a recovery vehicle.

Get a grip, Johnson.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's just taken Mrs Crodo 90 (ninety) minutes to fill up her Vauxhall Nova at the local independent garage. Just who are these selfish people desperate to fill up?

Wasn’t there an attendant to help her with the procedure? Local garage and personal touch and all that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here