Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The voice of reason, or maybe not?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
some people need to develop a sense of humour I think.

Presumably the prats in Unison only laugh at jokes made by Labour voters (and I am one!) :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
There's something brilliant about pushing the limits of comedy and what you can or can not say. It's my favourite type of comedy, be it, Basil Fawlty, Alan Partridge, Chris Morris, etc.

Unfortunately, there are complete twats like Clarkson who think just guffing out something offensive makes them a comedic genius. It doesn't.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I remain utterly 'unoffended',by the way!

And so you should be, but he satirises the 'Clarkson Defence'. Say what you like, if it's "only a joke". I disagree. There is a line, I think Clarkson crossed it, I think that Frankie Boyle crosses the line.

And is, sometimes, okay to be offended....

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's pub talk, that's all. Clarkson is like the the bloke down the pub, with the flash car, everlasting wedge of £50's and perma tanned wife, who spouts this sort of drivel all the time to get attention. Best to ignore it, unless, of course, you think he really means it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
some people need to develop a sense of humour I think.

Presumably the prats in Unison only laugh at jokes made by Labour voters

This. And I'm sure the Unison members are well chuffed at their membership fees paying for this legal advice and possible court case. Personally I'm much more offended by the idiots that run these unions and their extravagant salaries and perks than anything Clarkson could possibly say.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The political classes getting so outraged about throwaway comments just goes to show what a great idea it would be for 'Clarkson for Prime Minister'!

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
Wow, Clarkson says something controversial before Christmas shocker.

All over the news, funny that.

Plenty of DVD's off the shelf, freeeeee advertising.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yup, Clarkson is a self-applauding wanker of the lowest order. He fwarr fwarr fwarrs at the end of his every comment, i suppose, whilst thinking of something else to say about the most boring thing in the world: the car.
Wise words. Total wanker.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Clarkson for PM, love it that he winds people up so much

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Horseshit !

It's pub talk, that's all. Clarkson is like the the bloke down the pub, with the flash car, everlasting wedge of £50's and perma tanned wife, who spouts this sort of drivel all the time to get attention. Best to ignore it, unless, of course, you think he really means it.

Neighing, nickering, whinnying, snorting, other sounds too. Cut off his pony tails!

Last edited:

The difference is that if it's a bloke down the pub I can walk out of the pub or tell him to naff off, at no loss to myself. Clarkson is being paid a large wedge of public money (part of which is my license fee) to pedal his odious tripe. I don't think he should be sacked for this comment, I think he should be sacked for being a CJTC. Seriously, if he wants to pedal his 70s-esque views then he can do it at his own expense, not mine.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jockey

Did they really ?? If so, that really goes to show what a bunch of idiots these Union leaders are.

Yep, Gaddafi was more like a Camel. Neigh, Clarkson is like a Horse.

Now everybody knows that Camels are irate and nasty, not surprising with all that sand between their toes.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
just seen Karen Jennings from unison on the news claiming Clarkson`s comments were " very very frightening " for people that went on strike.....where on earth do the unions find these people?

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
The difference is that if it's a bloke down the pub I can walk out of the pub or tell him to naff off, at no loss to myself. Clarkson is being paid a large wedge of public money (part of which is my license fee) to pedal his odious tripe. I don't think he should be sacked for this comment, I think he should be sacked for being a CJTC. Seriously, if he wants to pedal his 70s-esque views then he can do it at his own expense, not mine.

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here