Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The voice of reason, or maybe not?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like Clarkson, mainly because he constantly winds up a certain element of society, the one that is quite prevalent in Brighton & Hove and indeed on this messageboard. :lolol:

A bit like this :lolol:

the **** is a tory right wing prick who thinks he knows it all. but he has a band of office/boy racer/ followers.......sad really.

hate his top gear where ppl actually go and stand around and clap and laugh at him.

cant stand him.

Holy crap, it's taken a while, but I find myself in total agreement with Brunswick.

The Top Gear studio audience are like a bunch of moronic nodding dogs, brainlessly laughing on cue at every inane piece of drivel uttered by Clarkson or Richard Hammond, applauding wildly their fake stunts and "crazy" (but totally staged) driving mishaps.

Yup, Clarkson is a self-applauding wanker of the lowest order. He fwarr fwarr fwarrs at the end of his every comment, i suppose, whilst thinking of something else to say about the most boring thing in the world: the car.

Jeremy Clarkson is an odious prick.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't particularly like him, but I enjoy the people he annoys getting annoyed.

I more or less go along with this.I can take him or leave him,but it is amusing seeing the usual suspects on this board being terribly annoyed!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I more or less go along with this.I can take him or leave him,but it is amusing seeing the usual suspects on this board being terribly annoyed!

If you want to see REALLY funny, watch Stewart Lee's sketch where he hopes Clarkson's 3 daughters go blind. Now that really would be funny... I really hope that happens.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jeremy Clarkson Calls For Strikers To Be Shot - Yahoo!

I would get a coffee and some chocolate hob nobs and put my feet up with this one but I have work to do.

If I had a TV warning system that warned me that Clarkson or one of his clones would be appearing, it might be worth paying for? A bit like an anti-virus program: Beware Petrolhead Trojan, may say something incredibly stupid. and looks like an idiot (even before he opens his mouth).

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
HOLY shit what an overreaction, if you listen to the comments on the one show, it was a bloody joke.

Ban comedy

censor the news

f*** them all.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Massive sense of humour bypass from unison and anyone else up in arms. Clarkson is Clarkson, if you don't know what you're going to get by now you're an idiot, if you think he actually meant it your even more of an idiot, if you call up a national radio station to complain about it your an idiot who deserves to be taken out and shot.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
He is a massive twat, that said, the ridiculous woman who just went on BBC Radio 2 complaining that he was quite clearly advocating mass murder in his statement was in need of a wake up call too...

Haha, was that on Jeremy Vine? He does have a knack of finding people with the most extreme views, that chap.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Pathetic over reaction to what was, admittedly, a pretty feeble attempt at a joke on the oh so politically correct BBC's wet One Show.
Usual comments from the so easily offended sensitive moral highground merchants on here.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There are Rats everywhere, but I don't want them inside my TV set!

Massive sense of humour bypass from unison and anyone else up in arms. Clarkson is Clarkson, if you don't know what you're going to get by now you're an idiot, if you think he actually meant it your even more of an idiot, if you call up a national radio station to complain about it your an idiot who deserves to be taken out and shot.

But how do you prevent him getting on your TV by accident?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'Clarkson's comments on the One Show were totally outrageous, and they cannot be tolerated. We are seeking urgent legal advice about what further action we can take against him and the BBC, and whether or not his comments should be referred to the police.

'Public sector workers and their families are utterly shocked by Jeremy Clarkson's revolting comments. We know that many other licence fee-payers share our concerns about his outrageous views.

'The One Show is broadcast at a time when children are watching - they could have been scared and upset by his aggressive statements.
An apology is not enough - we are calling on the BBC to sack Jeremy Clarkson immediately. Such disgusting statements have no place on our TV screens.'

'Jeremy Clarkson clearly needs a reminder of just who he is talking about when he calls for public sector workers to be shot in front of their families'

- Dave Prentice, General Secretary of Unison

:facepalm:

Not too much of an overreaction there there. Won't somebody please think of the CHILDREN ?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If you want to see REALLY funny, watch Stewart Lee's sketch where he hopes Clarkson's 3 daughters go blind. Now that really would be funny... I really hope that happens.

Just watched it for the first time.Some of it was quite clever,but my God it did go on a bit too long for me..........struggled to last the course!
I remain utterly 'unoffended',by the way!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Clarkson on the One Show

Makes a joke about killing the strikers to make what he said balanced, in BBC Terms. Ok, fair enough, I laughed my arse off.

But what of the joke about people throwing themselves in front of trains and him saying 'Why should we stop? It won't make them better'

I think in all fairness some of the stuff he spouts is amusing, but he nearly always attempts to follow it up with something that's not funny at all.

Let's face it, the only one who could get away with that is Frankie Boyle, but he gets away with it, and rightly so, as he is known for his dark humour, but Clarkson is just a Broadcaster/Motoring Writer, on a show before the watershed.

I think he should apologise for those comments...not because personally, I'm offended, which I'm not, but because there are hundreds of thousands out there who might believe this is his last straw. For the sake of his career maybe.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like Clarkson, largly because i dont take him too seriously. generally, he does represent the view of a wide range of country.

on this matter he's been a blithering twat. but its still amusing how every one concerned reacts as expected.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly. I saw the One Show and it was just Clarkson being Clarkson. Like him or hate him everyone knows he's a bit of a 'shock jock', and the fault is the BBC's for inviting him on. What did they expect him to say? Looking forward to seeing Frankie Boyle on there soon.

PS - Agree with all the people who say Top Gear is a pile of wank.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Hi mikeyjh - have only just spotted this post. Didn't mean to copy you when posting the link - sorry!

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
I like Clarkson, mainly because he constantly winds up a certain element of society, the one that is quite prevalent in Brighton & Hove and indeed on this messageboard. :lolol:

Exactly,quality comment and the usual responses from a certain element of society.Perhaps Milliband and Prentice should get on with the pension talks rather than going for glory against Clarkson.
Clarkson 1 - 0 dumbwits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here