Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The voice of reason, or maybe not?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
just seen Karen Jennings from unison on the news claiming Clarkson`s comments were " very very frightening " for people that went on strike.....where on earth do the unions find these people?

You'd think they would have more important things to worry about.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Clarkson rocks. He makes me laugh. Anyone taking serious offence to his comments on telly needs to take a long hard look at themselves, and if they're still offended by it, shoot themselves.

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

To be honest that's just the kind of response I'd expect from someone who likes Clarkson. Well done, have a biscuit.

Yes, that's right, I've got 'mad' at someone disagreeing with me on a message board. :facepalm:

I just don't find Clarkson funny, and I find it frustrating that he's paid a significant sum of money (as mentioned, some of which has come directly from me) to peddle his shite.

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
Yes, that's right, I've got 'mad' at someone disagreeing with me on a message board. :facepalm:

I just don't find Clarkson funny, and I find it frustrating that he's paid a significant sum of money (as mentioned, some of which has come directly from me) to peddle his shite.

I find it refreshing that someone on the beeb speaks without being ooohh so very careful not to offend anyone.

BBC = Watered down life.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I find it refreshing that someone on the beeb speaks without being ooohh so very careful not to offend anyone.

BBC = Watered down life.

Quite the contrary though isn't it - He's ooooh so very careful TO offend someone - particularly him and his big chum Dave's moral and political opponents - ie. those less fortunate than him.

So it's about as funny as pointing at someone in a wheelchair and doing a 'Joey'

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I guess what people percieve as being comedy is very personal, else we would all like the same comedians, all want to watch the same comedy on TV.

This country is just getting so pathetic about everything. We always go on about the right to freedom of speach yet people cant say what they like any more if the PC brigade get involved and make a mountain out of a molehill. If nobody had said anything then 90% of the country that dont what dross like the one show would not have heard this drivel!

If Clarkson comes on a programme (other than topgear) I switch off as I know he will just spout rubbish to try and look cool. People need to get a ****ing life and stop going on and on and on about things they dont like! However this makes he jump up and down in anger!! If you dont like this beer or the name offends just dont buy it and get on with your life!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Beachy Head Christmas Jumper beer sparks row

The husband of a woman who died at the notorious Beachy Head suicide spot in East Sussex has said he is "disgusted" over the name of a local beer.

Keith Lane, 61, from Polegate, whose wife Maggie died at the cliff in 2004, said the Beachy Head Christmas Jumper ale was "in bad taste".

Mr Lane said the Beachy Head Brewery could easily have chosen another name.

Roger Green, from the brewery, said the name was inspired by sweaters worn by Santa Claus.

He added: "The name is derived from the woolly jumpers that Santa wears. It started life as a pump clip in one of the pubs with Santa in a jumper.

"When we bottled it we gave it a label with a standard background that we use, and now someone has taken it the wrong way."

He said the brewery had not received any other complaints in the two previous years the beer had been sold.

Mr Lane said: "It could have been misconstrued but, now the brewery is aware of the objections to it, it should rename it because hundreds of people have been touched by deaths at Beachy Head.

"When I first saw it I thought it was disgusting. I couldn't believe it.

"All the people I have talked to about it have said to me how much in bad taste it is. If I had seen it in a pub, I would ask who brewed that."

Members of the Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team - who have helped people in distress at the 530ft (162m) cliffs since 2004 - also called on the brewery to change the name.

"Beachy Head is also a place of outstanding beauty and we would encourage a more positive message in the name of the locally-made ale, rather than cause genuine upset amongst those who have lost a friend or relative at Beachy Head."

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've just watched the clip and to be frank, anybody who couldn't see he was poking fun at how the BBC had to be balanced rather than any pop at the strikers should have gone to Specsavers !!! Absolutely a non-event.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
'Clarkson's comments on the One Show were totally outrageous, and they cannot be tolerated. We are seeking urgent legal advice about what further action we can take against him and the BBC, and whether or not his comments should be referred to the police.

'Public sector workers and their families are utterly shocked by Jeremy Clarkson's revolting comments. We know that many other licence fee-payers share our concerns about his outrageous views.

'The One Show is broadcast at a time when children are watching - they could have been scared and upset by his aggressive statements.
An apology is not enough - we are calling on the BBC to sack Jeremy Clarkson immediately. Such disgusting statements have no place on our TV screens.'

'Jeremy Clarkson clearly needs a reminder of just who he is talking about when he calls for public sector workers to be shot in front of their families'

- Dave Prentice, General Secretary of Unison

:facepalm:

Not too much of an overreaction there there. Won't somebody please think of the CHILDREN ?

Oh my god..

I support their right to strike and the right to free speech and all that but f*** me what a bunch of utter idiots. I'll bet they have only watched the 10 second soundbyte where he says the 's' word. If they listened to the whole conversation i imagine their expression would be exactly this.. "Oh.. so what's all the fuss about?"

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've just watched the clip and to be frank, anybody who couldn't see he was poking fun at how the BBC had to be balanced rather than any pop at the strikers should have gone to Specsavers !!! Absolutely a non-event.

100% this, he even starts the bloody sentence with "Oh but the BBC has to be balanced, so..."

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
Quite the contrary though isn't it - He's ooooh so very careful TO offend someone - particularly him and his big chum Dave's moral and political opponents - ie. those less fortunate than him.

So it's about as funny as pointing at someone in a wheelchair and doing a 'Joey'

Now you are comparing what he said, to someone taking the piss out of the disabled.

I reckon the people who get offended by him are the people who dont have the 'pinch of salt' gene in them.

Lighten up, its a bloke talking, not the end of the world.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

so Clarkson has in your opinion shafted you and your wallet for the princely sum of approx 4p.....not really worth getting your knickers in a twist over though is it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I guess what people percieve as being comedy is very personal, else we would all like the same comedians, all want to watch the same comedy on TV.

This country is just getting so pathetic about everything. We always go on about the right to freedom of speach yet people cant say what they like any more if the PC brigade get involved and make a mountain out of a molehill. If nobody had said anything then 90% of the country that dont what dross like the one show would not have heard this drivel!

If Clarkson comes on a programme (other than topgear) I switch off as I know he will just spout rubbish to try and look cool. People need to get a ****ing life and stop going on and on and on about things they dont like! However this makes he jump up and down in anger!! If you dont like this beer or the name offends just dont buy it and get on with your life!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Beachy Head Christmas Jumper beer sparks row

The husband of a woman who died at the notorious Beachy Head suicide spot in East Sussex has said he is "disgusted" over the name of a local beer.

Keith Lane, 61, from Polegate, whose wife Maggie died at the cliff in 2004, said the Beachy Head Christmas Jumper ale was "in bad taste".

Mr Lane said the Beachy Head Brewery could easily have chosen another name.

Roger Green, from the brewery, said the name was inspired by sweaters worn by Santa Claus.

He added: "The name is derived from the woolly jumpers that Santa wears. It started life as a pump clip in one of the pubs with Santa in a jumper.

"When we bottled it we gave it a label with a standard background that we use, and now someone has taken it the wrong way."

He said the brewery had not received any other complaints in the two previous years the beer had been sold.

Mr Lane said: "It could have been misconstrued but, now the brewery is aware of the objections to it, it should rename it because hundreds of people have been touched by deaths at Beachy Head.

"When I first saw it I thought it was disgusting. I couldn't believe it.

"All the people I have talked to about it have said to me how much in bad taste it is. If I had seen it in a pub, I would ask who brewed that."

Members of the Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team - who have helped people in distress at the 530ft (162m) cliffs since 2004 - also called on the brewery to change the name.

"Beachy Head is also a place of outstanding beauty and we would encourage a more positive message in the name of the locally-made ale, rather than cause genuine upset amongst those who have lost a friend or relative at Beachy Head."

I live very near a small area of natural beauty called "Southerndown" it has cliffs like beachy head and sadly many have jumped over the years, so to combat this the local authorities decided that some of these desperate people clearly needed someone to talk to, so they installed a direct external phone to the samaritans with the intentions that people will see this phone and hopefully use it before they do the sad deed.

Where did these clever "think tank" type people put the phone?

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CLIFFS!!!!! and that is the truth and the phone is still there today, it is still the talk of the locals when they hear the rescue helicopter, when the local authorities were challenged over the positioning of the phone, the eventual reply came back (and it was a local dignitry that wrote to the council) we have placed the Samairtans direct phone line at the bottom in the car park area as we were made aware that most people who committ suicide in this fashion, do drive down to the bottom before taking their life...........the very next person to jump after the letter was recieved was a person on foot!!!

They have now however installed another phone at the top, not near the area where people do sadly jump, but in the (My) local pub nearby in the car park.

If any of you have laughed at this very true story, i don't blame you, it is funny but it is true!! so those of you having a go at Clarkson, chill out, if you don't like him don't watch him.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Cant believe society today is so uptight! Everybody either angry or anxiously wringing their hands over perceived slights! So what if Clarkson spouted verbal diatribe, so what if it was offensive. Some people seem like they have never been in a playground before. Sooner or later the loony brigade will have us all too terrified to actually offer ANY opinion at all through fear of prosecution.

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
Cant believe society today is so uptight! Everybody either angry or anxiously wringing their hands over perceived slights! So what if Clarkson spouted verbal diatribe, so what if it was offensive. Some people seem like they have never been in a playground before. Sooner or later the loony brigade will have us all too terrified to actually offer ANY opinion at all through fear of prosecution.

+1.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London

But I don't condone the racist abuse dished out by that woman on the Croydon Tram though. That wasn't opinion or free-speech.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here