Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The voice of reason, or maybe not?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Gotta say I found his comments funny and anything that has ago at those lefty, lazy, waste of space strikers is good in my book!

But that's the point - he wasn't really commenting on your so called lefty, lazy waste of space strikers at all. He was commenting on how the BBC has to provide a "balanced" view. Something that appears to have gone right over Dave Prentice's head ( but then it wouldn't suit Prentice's campaign to smash the government would it ? ).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's a shame- Clarkson has obviously been forced into an apology. Just goes to show the stupid of this country have more influence than the intelligent !

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
What else was Clarkson going to say? He gets invited on to a chat show to be Jeremy Clarkson and say Jeremy Clarkson things,he was speaking as the "bloke in the Pub" and was expressing what he thought the majority of people were thinking.As for Unison taking legal advice - for f*** sake! Accuse him of having the wrong opinion and expressing this wrong opinion in a free and democratic country? I can take or leave the bloke,but do believe in free speech and thought.May be he shouldn't have said shoot the strikers,but electrocute them using a renewable and sustainable power source.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As a public sector employee who is earning in excess of £1million a year I suppose He doesn't need to worry about His pension being stolen.

He's self employed, like most of the BBC presenters and Top Gear brings in millions from the 75 odd countries that buy it. He is good value in every sense of the word. It was a joke

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
And twat of the week goes to

Jeremy Clarkson :wanker:, sinking to new depths to promote a dvd, scum like him will do anything for publicity.Big WAC!!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Transcript of One Show Clarkson interview

Matt Baker [presenter]: Well, Jeremy, schools, hospitals, airports, even driving tests, have all been affected. Do you think the strikes have been a good idea?

Jeremy Clarkson [guest]: I think they have been fantastic. Absolutely. London today has just been empty. Everybody stayed at home, you can whizz about, restaurants are empty.

Alex Jones: The traffic, actually, has been very good today.

Jeremy Clarkson: Airports, people streaming through with no problems at all. And it's also like being back in the 70s. It makes me feel at home somehow.

Matt Baker: Do you know anyone who has been on strike today?

Jeremy Clarkson: Of course I don't, no. What, somebody public service? No, I don't. No, absolutely. But we have to balance this though, because this is the BBC.

Matt Baker: Yes, exactly.

Jeremy Clarkson: Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living.

Matt Baker: Well, on that note of balancing an opinion, of course those are Jeremy's views.

Alex Jones: Only Jeremy's views.

Jeremy Clarkson: They're not. I've just given two views for you.

Well I giggled.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jeremy Clarkson :wanker:, sinking to new depths to promote a dvd, scum like him will do anything for publicity.Big WAC!!!!

I think that award should actually go to the people who take comments like that seriously.

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011

tumblr_lv2m0klrPB1qdi419o1_500.gif

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Transcript of One Show Clarkson interview

Matt Baker [presenter]: Well, Jeremy, schools, hospitals, airports, even driving tests, have all been affected. Do you think the strikes have been a good idea?

Jeremy Clarkson [guest]: I think they have been fantastic. Absolutely. London today has just been empty. Everybody stayed at home, you can whizz about, restaurants are empty.

Alex Jones: The traffic, actually, has been very good today.

Jeremy Clarkson: Airports, people streaming through with no problems at all. And it's also like being back in the 70s. It makes me feel at home somehow.

Matt Baker: Do you know anyone who has been on strike today?

Jeremy Clarkson: Of course I don't, no. What, somebody public service? No, I don't. No, absolutely. But we have to balance this though, because this is the BBC.

Matt Baker: Yes, exactly.

Jeremy Clarkson: Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living.

Matt Baker: Well, on that note of balancing an opinion, of course those are Jeremy's views.

Alex Jones: Only Jeremy's views.

Jeremy Clarkson: They're not. I've just given two views for you.

Well I giggled.

When was this on? Is it on Iplayer?

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
If the opportunity arose and the timing was right, I would dress as that Stig bloke and do a no.2 on his car bonnet. The consequential rage experienced by Cockson would make his oversized head explode into tiny pieces.

R4 are currently running a long piece on this total nonsense of a story. By christ the BBC are scratching around for stories to lighten the mood.

Surely we are witnessing a media meltdown.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
It's my understanding that before appearing on the one show jezza was seen having dinner with Michael O'Leary.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's my understanding that before appearing on the one show jezza was seen having dinner with Michael O'Leary.

What a suprise, round them up with their good friends Cameron, Coulson and Wade and watch them get gang raped by a pack of under sexed pit bull terriors

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What else was Clarkson going to say? He gets invited on to a chat show to be Jeremy Clarkson and say Jeremy Clarkson things,he was speaking as the "bloke in the Pub" and was expressing what he thought the majority of people were thinking.As for Unison taking legal advice - for f*** sake! Accuse him of having the wrong opinion and expressing this wrong opinion in a free and democratic country? I can take or leave the bloke,but do believe in free speech and thought.May be he shouldn't have said shoot the strikers,but electrocute them using a renewable and sustainable power source.

Love your comment re sustainable power source!
I knew we had a fair number of ludicrous easily offended lefties on this board,but quite frankly they have really excelled themselves with their 'outrage and indignation'.
Quite pathetic really,I don't know how the poor souls survive in this wicked world!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here