Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The view from the West Upper

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So where exactly do you all think the "moaners" at Withdean will go? You guessed it, West Stand.

Also, West Stand are mostly more expensive seats than North Stand. Do you really think the more... "monied" amongst our fans are going to be the ones making all the noise?

Yet another also, there were plenty of quiet chaps in the West Stand (which existed until 1997 remember, not just the 70s/80s) who were 35-60. They will be in the West Stand. I reckon there will be running battles between the occasional people in the West Stand who want to make a "North Stand" style atmosphere, and the majority who will not.

This.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
All you'll hear for the first 10 minutes is a load of coughing and wheezing, with us old gits having just struggled to get up 5 flights of stairs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also, West Stand are mostly more expensive seats than North Stand. Do you really think the more... "monied" amongst our fans are going to be the ones making all the noise?

Isn't the difference between WSU central and the North about a fiver a month? I can't see price being a determining factor for those considering which of these 2 areas to choose.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Isn't the difference between WSU central and the North about a fiver a month? I can't see price being a determining factor for those considering which of these 2 areas to choose.

Correct, and the wings are the same price as the North Stand.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
The WSU will be rocking with the noisy people from The Goldstone North Stand, who went through their rites of passage by learning how to rock back then.

Remember those days - looking forward to WSU and a "rocking time" - the youngsters will be very surprised

:amex: :banana:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
The WSU will be rocking with the noisy people from The Goldstone North Stand, who went through their rites of passage by learning how to rock back then.

Spot on!! Yours truly and a bunch of other Goldstone North Stand oiks are planning to show the young "stags" in the Amex North Stand how it used to be done back in the day.........

Saying that, from the misty covered heights of the Upper West, I don't face anyone starting a Suuuuuuurge.

D

Deleted member 2719

CB There will be an atmosphere in the Upper West............cos i will be there with my mates, and we are real loudmouths, (eh Mouldy?)

Loud mouths is not quite the terminology i would use Gullsworth.....more like enthusiastic fans is how i would describe us.

:angel:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Loud mouths is not quite the terminology i would use Gullsworth.....more like enthusiastic fans is how i would describe us.

:angel:

'ave a bit of respect Mouldy.......its *Gullsworth* not Gullsworth. How long have i known you? Pah

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It did me :) That is an additional £110 a yr..!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i'm officially *IN*, Block K :thumbsup:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Am I the only one who thought the virtual view from the West Upper on the presentation was a little unrealistic and too generous. I'm not for one minute saying it wont be a good view from up there as I'm sure it will be class but it just didnt look at all realistic compared to the pictures that you see from J-Straw E.t.c.

It looked a lot closer to the pitch and never showed ant looking players if you sit more than half way back in the WU.

Good marketing by the club though, didnt get me fooled though.

Sep 1, 2010
My block has 2 letters and a number in between, bit confused about the block numbering to be honest. Either way the view is still gonna be awesome

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here