Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The view from the West Upper

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm starting to think that maybe all us North Standers SHOULD take out a PSL. Cos if all you WSUers find out its rubbish due to being half-full of moany bastids, then you'll be absolutely GAGGING to join us behind the goal and will pay ANYTHING to be where we are :lol:

Seriously though, will be just GRAND to have competing stands raising the roof. Game ON! :thumbsup:

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Seriously though, will be just GRAND to have competing stands raising the roof. Game ON! :thumbsup:

Brings back memories of the Goldstone late 70's glory days when we had both the North Stand and South Stand (NTR) as singing ends, with possibly the South Stand edging it, well for one season at least!

As you say Tom - Game On, should be good. Now, how can we get the East Stand singing as well?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm starting to think that maybe all us North Standers SHOULD take out a PSL. Cos if all you WSUers find out its rubbish due to being half-full of moany bastids, then you'll be absolutely GAGGING to join us behind the goal and will pay ANYTHING to be where we are :lol:

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I've been watching the Albion since 1977 and we have never had a history of a brilliant home atmosphere. The North Stand has been very vocal on occasion but this has generally been it; we never had sustained singing in other parts of the ground. I personally think this is how it will be at Falmer.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Glad were all together on this..............we can have a Mexican Wave.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I've been watching the Albion since 1977 and we have never had a history of a brilliant home atmosphere. The North Stand has been very vocal on occasion but this has generally been it; we never had sustained singing in other parts of the ground. I personally think this is how it will be at Falmer.
Very true. The *only* time I ever heard any chanting and singing from any other part of the ground was from the East on the very last day at the Goldstone. I couldn't get a ticket for the North, so ended up in the East and it turns out the East was full of people like me.

I'm going in the family stand at Falmer owing to the fact my 9 year old is coming with me. Had it just been me, I'd have gone into the WSU.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
So with Dick Knights Mumm and Simster leading the singing in the East - sorted - noise from all four sides of the ground, providing the away fans turn up!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is a difference in the price of the U10 ticket, Bozza.

c£5 a month isn't it?

I did think you might say the 'language' but recent trips to Bournemouth and Rovers have taught me that my little 8 year old princess already knows pretty much every word going leading to humorous moments like her singing...

"We're... <pause> ...brilliant" on Saturday.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
how many Rows does the WSU block W3H have?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
c£5 a month isn't it?

I did think you might say the 'language' but recent trips to Bournemouth and Rovers have taught me that my little 8 year old princess already knows pretty much every word going leading to humorous moments like her singing...

"We're... <pause> ...brilliant" on Saturday.

:lolol: Quality!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
oh how i do LOVE reading a thread of old men resorting to playground banter of MY STAND WILL BE LOUDER THAN YOURS when they are at the SAME match.

Also the generalisation that those in WU have spent more therefore can't sing as they wont be 'that sort of person'

Me and my mates have bugger all money, will be 24, are WU and will be vocal. But that doesn't even matter. Im there to watch my football team, not to compete in a 'im louder than you' competition which would mean losing my immense high up viewing point which is why i picked that stand.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
My block has 2 letters and a number in between, bit confused about the block numbering to be honest. Either way the view is still gonna be awesome

No offence, but if you (or anyone else) can't work out that W3 refers to West Upper, you should have your ST revoked. Or be sent off to sit/stand in the North Stand.

Sep 1, 2010
No offence, but if you (or anyone else) can't work out that W3 refers to West Upper, you should have your ST revoked. Or be sent off to sit/stand in the North Stand.

None taken. Does the same apply to people with poor grammar?

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

D

Deleted member 18477

Glad were all together on this..............we can have a Mexican Wave.

this aint the tennis or the world cup. if i see a mexican bloody wave i will be fuming. quick question on this argument over north stand/west upper crap... only block H sing at the mo and id imagine they will be north stand so where are all the 'loud' WSU's in the withdean? maybe get behind your team more this season and next season's atmosphere debate can continue IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

just a thought...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here