Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vicente will he/won't he saga [Season 2: 2012] [merged threads]

swfc1867

Jun 12, 2012
Hi swfc fan here, just wanted to say can't wait for the the game at your place coming up, i hear the grounds being extended further for the new season? look forward to a good game and a decent piss up!! can i ask u this , so far weve signed Chris Kirkland , Joe mattock , Anthony gardner and Kieran lee , as a brighton fan would u be happy with those signings?? as i can't help thinking were signing players that are both injury prone and prob out for a good pay day

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think everyone on here is a bit peeved that you nicked Mattock from under our noses!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Hi swfc fan here, just wanted to say can't wait for the the game at your place coming up, i hear the grounds being extended further for the new season? look forward to a good game and a decent piss up!! can i ask u this , so far weve signed Chris Kirkland , Joe mattock , Anthony gardner and Kieran lee , as a brighton fan would u be happy with those signings?? as i can't help thinking were signing players that are both injury prone and prob out for a good pay day

Nearly everyone would be extremely happy with Mattock, you've got a very decent left back there! If we hadn't signed Kuszczak I think most would say Kirkland is probably better than either of our two 'keepers. don't know too much about Lee but Gardner was Palace so I doubt many would've been happy :laugh:

I'm hoping to be back from uni to watch the Wednesday game, you've got a decent side so hope it'll be a good game :)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Genuinley brings a tear to the eye and makes the hairs stand on end every single time I watch that. It simply encapsulates the sheer and utter joy football brings going from the vague memories of trips to the Goldstone, Prestfield and Withdean. Bitterly cold days with completely different football, the comparison between then and now envokes such great appreciation of the team and how we've survived and come out the other end. Vicente as I said, seems to encapsulate all of this. Turly wonderful video.
Was just about to post that this thread has genuinely got my eyes watering, only to find another saddo in the same boat!

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
He might be a lovechild of mine!...
Shes 90 ...to explain this all to her would take most of the evening.... im not sure how she is related to them, but something on my grandmothers side.
i first heard about the connection when the older Bloom was on the board.
Family funerals seem to be where she has met him mostly, and bless him, he gave her a lift home after the last one....
She was asking me if id heard of him haha..lovely man, lovely, made sure I was ok, and brought me home, very normal, lovely man...

right, kill someone off then send her to suss out.. do it quickly!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yeah the ground's being extended. we'll take Mattock back if you don't want him and it will be a good piss up!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

My best man is one of your lot. So guess how well my wedding being on the 15th of September is going down. Hope your not another of the "our club is so much bigger than yours" subscribers though. I am sick to death of hearing it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Is that Gardner the Palace CB? Has he def signed and left Palarse then? Quality if that's true, he's not bad atall. In fact, without knowing anything re Lee the other 3 signings are very good - think u'll do well this yr.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Joe Mattock is a solid, if not exciting left back, will do a good job defensively. Kieran Lee is the Oldham lad isn't he? Could turn out either way if so, plenty of our lot were outstanding in league 1 but then failed to make the grade in the Championship (Marcos Painter, Dicker, Harley etc).
Will be looking forward to seeing Wednesday play next season, study at Sheffield Uni so get tickets for £7/8. Seems like you've got a solid squad, perhaps lacking in the stand out players to take you to the top end of the Championship. From those I spoke to players like Jamal Johnson, O'Grady and Lowe are far too inconsistent to make the step up, and the likes of Prutton and Lines in the middle of the park will struggle. We had to make two or three big signings (Buckley, CMS, Vicente) in order to compete, otherwise the squad which tore league 1 apart really would've struggled IMO.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You're the second person I've seen say that. I thought he was very exciting going forward but not that impressive defensively :shrug:

I thought he was solid in defense but very decent offensively as well- no idea were the not exciting bit comes from okay he's not marauding forward every attack but he gets forward and makes decent runs enough. It might be the way we play also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here