Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vicente will he/won't he saga [Season 2: 2012] [merged threads]

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I met Ashley Barnes today and his gf and kid at my work place, got chatting to his gf first of all and stated was it Ashley Barnes she was with, just out of small chance it wasnt him, had a bit of banter with her and she said she would get Ashley to come to say hi.
He come around about 10 mins later and had a 5-10 min chat with him he is a really nice guy and very friendly, anyway he stated that heskey is not going to join us as wages etc, and Vicente will most likely to be joining us for the last few days of pre season as because of injuries he wouldnt need or be able to do the whole pre-season but seemed confident he would be back.
He also confirmed to me that him and mackail smith both want another forward to join like Muzza someone who can knock the ball on.
Barnsey also stated that Poyet wants another 4-5 players to come in and is very excited for the season, they start back at training on Monday.

DanielT

After the last game of the season, his car was parked next to ours in Bennetts Field. My 13 year old left him in note under his windscreen wiper, in his best Year 9 Spanish. "dear Vicente. Please, please stay" with a smiley face. If he does sign it will have been WHOLLY down to that. Probably.

Are you sure it was his? There are a lot of '98 Skodas still around

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Injured again?

I guess that was to me, Barnes didnt say was injuried but said because of Vicentes fitness he will not be joining the entire team from the start of pre season training, it seems like this has been stated to the entire team and that he would be joining them at the end of the pre-season eg 2-3 days he seemed to think would do with the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here