Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vicente will he/won't he saga [Season 2: 2012] [merged threads]

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Mattock is at his sixth club (including loans) aged 22. That says something about him as an individual.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hi swfc fan here, just wanted to say can't wait for the the game at your place coming up, i hear the grounds being extended further for the new season? look forward to a good game and a decent piss up!! can i ask u this , so far weve signed Chris Kirkland , Joe mattock , Anthony gardner and Kieran lee , as a brighton fan would u be happy with those signings?? as i can't help thinking were signing players that are both injury prone and prob out for a good pay day

Make sure that f***ing awful band stays away. Please.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Well. Hope, all, or at least some, of this conjecture is true.
The fact we've signed a keeper that won't let in six in one game may be the news Vicente needs to feel positive enough to re-sign.
Things can only get better.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Twitter/Vicente

Whispers on twitter that Vicente is going to sign for us, although unconfirmed by club, there seems to be alOt more people saying he's agreed to sign.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A fantastic talent no doubt... if he can stay fit, and we can add more players to our squad that approach his level of technical ability, then we are in for a very, very good season...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Argus

Albion boss Gus Poyet has given the clearest indication yet that Vicente is about to commit his future to the Seagulls.

The Spanish star has yet to sign a contract and the finer details of a deal still have to be thrashed out but Poyet believes it is "90 or 95 per cent" certain he will be returning to The Amex.

Poyet told The Argus: "I think Vicente will stay. What we are trying to do is sort out a few little things that will make sure he is staying with us in a better and happier situation with us but I think it will happen at any time.

"We are just trying to sort it out. We cannot confirm if he is going to stay or not because that's not fair. We cannot do something that isn't done but I would say it is a big chance, 90 per cent or 95 per cent that he will stay."

Poyet also revealed Albion are "very close to another two signings that will help him as well."

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Albion boss Gus Poyet has given the clearest indication yet that Vicente is about to commit his future to the Seagulls.

The Spanish star has yet to sign a contract and the finer details of a deal still have to be thrashed out but Poyet believes it is "90 or 95 per cent" certain he will be returning to The Amex.

Poyet told The Argus: "I think Vicente will stay. What we are trying to do is sort out a few little things that will make sure he is staying with us in a better and happier situation with us but I think it will happen at any time.

"We are just trying to sort it out. We cannot confirm if he is going to stay or not because that's not fair. We cannot do something that isn't done but I would say it is a big chance, 90 per cent or 95 per cent that he will stay."

Poyet also revealed Albion are "very close to another two signings that will help him as well."

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4980538 said:

Same source that told me yesterday about Vicente being very close to signing said one of the others is a full back from West Brom, not Reyes, a left back.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Awesome news.

Vicente is utter class and Gus is the man to get the best out of him.

It also sounds like Gus has found Vicente's midfield bodyguard.

This is turning into some close season despite all the panic on here just a few days ago about the lack of signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here