Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vicente will he/won't he saga [Season 2: 2012] [merged threads]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The "two signings that will help him" sounds VERY promising, considering Gus's comments last season about needing players of a higher quality to play with Vicente.

jkehfehfrkefkeekhjek excited.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If its true, I say all us NSC fellows should all meet up! And have 1 massive group wank over a massive picture of Vicente! I'm

I'm ok with that

If I was Vicente, that vision may just have me sign for Malaga instead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I take it to mean help him being Vicente rather than help me being himself but we must remember that sometimes he gets confused with his English in his excitement.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I expect it will only be another 1 year deal (if he does sign), but I would love him to sign a 2 or 3 year deal.

I'd take a month just to see him in a Brighton shirt again. A year would be utterly amazing for a player of his class. 2 to 3 year deal, well, it would be unreal, not sure I'd be able to contain my excitement!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought he was solid in defense but very decent offensively as well- no idea were the not exciting bit comes from okay he's not marauding forward every attack but he gets forward and makes decent runs enough. It might be the way we play also.

I sit in the East Stand and trust me, he used to get forward a lot in the first half of every game, unfortunately, no bugger ever passed to him. He was always in acres of space but for some reason the players seem to want to play near the West Stand or by the bench, maybe to get noticed by Gus! Gutted that he didn't sign for us.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I presumed he was referring to the addition of more Spanish speaking players to help him intregrate better with the squad, rather than help him on the pitch itself

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Hopefully a giant midfielder to protect him from all them Northerners wanting to kick lumps out of him

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Does the "two signings that will help him" refer to two that will help Gus/the team in general or more specifically two of the kind of calibre that would persuade Vicente to sign on the dotted line?

Either way, I think we are in for a very exciting time in the coming days and weeks....imminently, I suppose you could say.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Genuinley brings a tear to the eye and makes the hairs stand on end every single time I watch that. It simply encapsulates the sheer and utter joy football brings going from the vague memories of trips to the Goldstone, Prestfield and Withdean. Bitterly cold days with completely different football, the comparison between then and now envokes such great appreciation of the team and how we've survived and come out the other end. Vicente as I said, seems to encapsulate all of this. Turly wonderful video.

I made this a couple of months and is always nice to read that people enjoyed it, thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does the "two signings that will help him" refer to two that will help Gus/the team in general or more specifically two of the kind of calibre that would persuade Vicente to sign on the dotted line?

Either way, I think we are in for a very exciting time in the coming days and weeks....imminently, I suppose you could say.

Surely the latter, as it is in quotation marks, and I doubt Gus suddenly decided to speak in the 3rd person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here