Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No, they have given us extra ones previously for less glamour ties like Stoke on a Monday.

But I'm talking about guest tickets for every game! Which we've been able to buy since we got promoted.

Yeah I just edited my original post as I'd got confused.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nope. We had this up until grounds being shut. I got friends several tickets for a number of Premier League games (some big, some small). It was a priority window before they went down the members schemes. Sadly a thing of the past now.

If this is what happens (or did happen) then it significantly devalues the point of being a MyAlbion+ member for the opportunity to buy tickets.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
If this is what happens (or did happen) then it significantly devalues the point of being a MyAlbion+ member for the opportunity to buy tickets.
Just checked my most recent on sale email (Dec 2019), for Watford and Palace, members went on sale on 23rd December, season ticket holder guest 27th December, General sale 30th December.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just checked my most recent on sale email (Dec 2019), for Watford and Palace, members went on sale on 23rd December, season ticket holder guest 27th December, General sale 30th December.

Ah. Ok, membership sales started 4 days before ST guest sales. Seems fair enough then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've not had that in the Premier League with near sell-out crowds most weeks, have we? The last time I remember that happening was in 15/16, when we only had about 19,000 season ticket holders, to try and bump up the home attendance for a couple of the less attractive fixtures. And some people even moaned about that because they couldn't sit next to their mates unless they moved.

I'm thinking of guest tickets being when we were able to buy a couple of extra Zone B tickets for £20 each. Am I confusing this with something else?

No - much more recent - bought quite a few ST guest tickets the season before last. Most recent I can recall is the New Year's game v Chelsea. They often get offered before tickets go on general sale I think.

They weren't £20 - they were at full matchday prices

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The other side of the coin is why do you think your relative has the right to jump the queue?

Game sold out Assume mate who wanted to give me ticket could put on exchange and I buy from there at match day price. Long winded way round getting mates ticket but suppose Albion would make 310ish for doing nothing

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, they have given us extra ones previously for less glamour ties like Stoke on a Monday.

But I'm talking about guest tickets for every game! Which we've been able to buy since we got promoted.

I'm pretty sure you'll find that facility was only available once all the various tiers had had the option to buy. There were a few promotional games where the club were trying to sell as many, ie normally early rounds of the cups against non glamour teams.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Game sold out Assume mate who wanted to give me ticket could put on exchange and I buy from there at match day price. Long winded way round getting mates ticket but suppose Albion would make 310ish for doing nothing

I'm guessing you forgot your shift key!!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I'm pretty sure you'll find that facility was only available once all the various tiers had had the option to buy. There were a few promotional games where the club were trying to sell as many, ie normally early rounds of the cups against non glamour teams.
Well i have purchased guest tickets for Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United against others using it.

I'm not devastated to lose it but it is a bit annoying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have 1 or 2 matches every season that STH are able to buy guest tickets for. Usually for a Monday evening match against Burnley or the like.

*EDIT* Just searched through my inbox and am a little mistaken. The Zone B £20 ticket is a bit different from season ticket guest tickets. It seemed several matches a season us STH were able to buy guest tickets after they had been on sale to MyAlbion+ members but before they went on general sale:

View attachment 135484

That's from 2018.

Season ticket holders have always been able to hoover up spare tickets.

My boss is now an Albion fan.
He and his son (still thinks he's Liverpool) have been to a double figured amount of games over the last couple of seasons.

I work with a lot of Eastern Europeans, football tourists.
The most I've taken to individual games is 6 people, City winning the title and 3-0 Spurs.
Naturally they are all very keen to return as are their friends (and the club shop - they are Barber's dream customers)

My bosses father and uncle came to one game, when they were over from Poland, for a holiday.

The ticket office has always been very helpful in allowing me to buy 'tourist' tickets.

I'm guessing that's all coming to an end now.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I mean I think this is a really valuable point. I've been a member at Spurs, Villa, Middlesbrough and Liverpool. I have no interest in any of these clubs but in the past, have fancied going to see one or two interesting games as a neutral (or in the wrong end for a few Albion cup games) with my dad. It's common practice to be registered as a member at pretty much every other club that PoTG isn't applicable. Yes, I know ye of olde miss the days of turning up at five to three and squeezing on to a terrace and nobody really giving a crap about any rules but those days are so far in the past at this point.

Whilst the club have been willing to turn a blind eye to this in the past, the rule is actually a nice compromise. They could have quite easily have changed the T&Cs to say "The named ticket holder must be sitting in their seat only. If they can not attend they need to notify the club 48 hours in advance so the ticket can be relisted on the ticket exchange." It would make a ton more profit for the club and give friends no opportunity to go to a game.

As is clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions; "1.2. By purchasing and/or accepting and/or holding a Season Ticket you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Entry listed in clause 1.1 above." If you disagree, the club have a waiting list, they are a private company and will be more than happy to allow you to cancel and have someone else take your seat. That's capitalism and the club are a business.

I to have been to Arsenal,Spurs and Chelsea in last 2 years, Invite from business contacts when one of there friends couldnt attend.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I to have been to Arsenal,Spurs and Chelsea in last 2 years, Invite from business contacts when one of there friends couldnt attend.

I've been to Arsenal on a spare season ticket many many times before. Though my friends were absolutely breaking the terms and conditions of their season ticket when they let me go on their behalf.

In a pre-covid world it made little sense to turn people away who would fill seats (especially at Arsenal) but for as long as the virus is still causing deaths across Europe and the world you can expect that to stop everywhere. I'm sure that when normality fully resumes, and contact tracing is no longer necessary, you will be able to start giving your ticket to whichever friend you'll like and no one will bat an eyelid. That's not happening anytime soon and the club have come up with a very generous workaround that satisfies the wants of all parties.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've been to Arsenal on a spare season ticket many many times before. Though my friends were absolutely breaking the terms and conditions of their season ticket when they let me go on their behalf.

In a pre-covid world it made little sense to turn people away who would fill seats (especially at Arsenal) but for as long as the virus is still causing deaths across Europe and the world you can expect that to stop everywhere. I'm sure that when normality fully resumes, and contact tracing is no longer necessary, you will be able to start giving your ticket to whichever friend you'll like and no one will bat an eyelid. That's not happening anytime soon and the club have come up with a very generous workaround that satisfies the wants of all parties.

Almost...! Still think an upgrade of a full price ST to a matchday ticket (ie adult to adult) should be allowed for non-members, not just concessions. For those who previously only passed on a ticket once or twice a season there isn't a solution - this would solve that and prevent empty seats.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Correct - it was often included when ticket sale info was first published, but in terms of dates usually sat between the member tiers and general sale....was available for 'glamour'/Cat A games on that basis too

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Almost...! Still think an upgrade of a full price ST to a matchday ticket (ie adult to adult) should be allowed for non-members, not just concessions. For those who previously only passed on a ticket once or twice a season there isn't a solution - this would solve that and prevent empty seats.

But this is bigger than satisfying some STHs who like to repay a favour to a mate or work colleague with a spare ticket, or who like to take a relative now along and then. There is a wider context. If STHs can take non-members they why am I paying £25 a year membership so I can buy tickets to the odd game? Just give me the membership for nothing, so it's fair. The membership scheme is a valuable revenue stream for the club so why undermine it when Bloom is already covering losses north of £40m a year? STHs already get a great deal anyway, with the overall ticket price and the ability to pay via DDs if they choose.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Can't see contact tracing working at a football stadium. Are they going to contact 30,000 fans if one tests positive?

Besides, 20 weeks until season kicks off. At the current rate the UK will have done 100m jabs by then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But this is bigger than satisfying some STHs who like to repay a favour to a mate or work colleague with a spare ticket, or who like to take a relative now along and then. There is a wider context. If STHs can take non-members they why am I paying £25 a year membership so I can buy tickets to the odd game? Just give me the membership for nothing, so it's fair. The membership scheme is a valuable revenue stream for the club so why undermine it when Bloom is already covering losses north of £40m a year? STHs already get a great deal anyway, with the overall ticket price and the ability to pay via DDs if they choose.

I get that entirely........but the occasional visitor would be paying the difference between the ST value and the full ticket price for the upgrade - which would equate to more or less the cost of membership for most games anyway (they don't pay any extra for the ticket under the sharing scheme ?)

If you're doing it more than a couple of times - become a member. If it's a one-off, pay your £20-£30 for the upgrade. Simple. Club wins both ways.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I get that entirely........but the occasional visitor would be paying the difference between the ST value and the full ticket price for the upgrade - which would equate to more or less the cost of membership for most games anyway (they don't pay any extra for the ticket under the sharing scheme ?)

If you're doing it more than a couple of times - become a member. If it's a one-off, pay your £20-£30 for the upgrade. Simple. Club wins both ways.

Have you ever considered a career in banking, Dazzer? ???

I think you could go far.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I assume people become MyAlbion members because they either cant afford a season ticket or cant go very often. Although my gripe is cant give next seat to a guest without them paying £25 I also think paying £25 to become a MyAlbion to have honour of buying a ticket is a ripoff. PL because of demand is in another league. How many other businesses would get away asking a potential customer for £25 so they may use there services in the future Unless you are attracted by the gift package it comes with. As a matter of interest Bry Nylon do you have to pay this every season

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Season ticket holders have always been able to hoover up spare tickets.

My boss is now an Albion fan.
He and his son (still thinks he's Liverpool) have been to a double figured amount of games over the last couple of seasons.

I work with a lot of Eastern Europeans, football tourists.
The most I've taken to individual games is 6 people, City winning the title and 3-0 Spurs.
Naturally they are all very keen to return as are their friends (and the club shop - they are Barber's dream customers)

My bosses father and uncle came to one game, when they were over from Poland, for a holiday.

The ticket office has always been very helpful in allowing me to buy 'tourist' tickets.

I'm guessing that's all coming to an end now.

Yep I've done similar myself but it is all so long ago I'd completely forgotten! Bloody covid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here