Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've asked twice and had two replies which don't clarify anything ... I've waved the white flag

I'd certainly interpret it as meaning upgrading a concessionary ticket can be done to a non member - but that doesn't really align with the ID requirements etc.

There's a really simple answer - as well as the formal sharing, allow 'occasional' (still 6x per annum) upgrading for anyone (ie including full adult to full adult, not just concessions) and charge the difference between the ST cost and the normal matchday ticket price. Fewer empty seats, more revenue, STH's can bring an occasional visitor. Win/win. :shrug:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd certainly interpret it as meaning upgrading a concessionary ticket can be done to a non member - but that doesn't really align with the ID requirements etc.

There's a really simple answer - as well as the formal sharing, allow 'occasional' (still 6x per annum) upgrading for anyone (ie including full adult to full adult, not just concessions) and charge the difference between the ST cost and the normal matchday ticket price. Fewer empty seats, more revenue, STH's can bring an occasional visitor. Win/win. :shrug:

That really is too simple ... go and sit in the naughty corner

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know I've mentioned it before, but I REALLY love this thread.

:lol:

This is just a warm up, wait till the season starts and people have to queue to get in, the barcodes don’t work, some get refused entry, online upgrades don’t work, STs get revoked for inadvertent breaches of policy etc...........

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
....wait till the season starts and people have to queue to get in, the barcodes don’t work, some get refused entry, online upgrades don’t work, STs get revoked for inadvertent breaches of policy etc...........

Who showed you your file for season 21/22? ??? That's supposed to be strictly confidential.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just saw a letter on the argus website (stress, this is not me!) from someone who is not renewing

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19195227.albion-not-family-club/

Bottle tops, flasks, being moved out of their seats away from their friends, having to pay to switch seats, going to watch Whitehawk instead. All the classic hits being rolled out.

Ye saw that last night....another quiet news day giving someone their little bit of ‘fame’

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What's the saying? you can't please all of the people all of the time?

Whilst sympathising with Mr. Martin of Dyke Road, in not being permitted to take in bottles, or a flask for his half-time cup of tea, (albeit being a possible safety issue), he needs to understand that strictly speaking, being able to pass his tickets on to all and sundry was never allowed in the first place, and only permitted as the club decided to turn a blind eye to the practice.

I'll stop now, this is beginning to sound like an email written by PB.

Just saw a letter on the argus website (stress, this is not me!) from someone who is not renewing

Bottle tops, flasks, being moved out of their seats away from their friends, having to pay to switch seats, going to watch Whitehawk instead. All the classic hits being rolled out.

Cool, as we're always going to be in the Premiership we can afford to freeze out these types of fans

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
What's the saying? you can't please all of the people all of the time?

Whilst sympathising with Mr. Martin of Dyke Road, in not being permitted to take in bottles, or a flask for his half-time cup of tea, (albeit being a possible safety issue), he needs to understand that strictly speaking, being able to pass his tickets on to all and sundry was never allowed in the first place, and only permitted as the club decided to turn a blind eye to the practice.

I'll stop now, this is beginning to sound like an email written by PB.

Mr Martin of Dyke Road seemingly unaware of a global pandemic...

We digress, the only family stand area that is moving is the one created after we got promoted (I think). The original family stand E1a - b has remained unchanged since the Amex opened. I feel Mr Martin of Dyke Road doth protest too loudly...:whistle:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Cool, as we're always going to be in the Premiership we can afford to freeze out these types of fans

I doubt the club want to lose anyone but its quite the leap for Argus letter writer to get frustrated about a £1.80 cup of tea (30p less than it was a few years back post flaskgate), a season ticket freeze, some sensible policies around refunds in the last 12 months, some pretty minor improvements to sharing tickets if you can't go, and quite the concession to allow a season ticket transfer to someone else - to blanket accusations that the club isn't a family club and wants to exploit fans for every penny they can get . So i'm off to Lewes.

So i really don't recognise their idea that the club is trying to freeze out fans who's circumstances have changed during the pandemic, want to bring their kids, and are worried about cost regardless of which division we end up in next season. I think over the last 12 months and in these changes for next year the club have been pretty impressive and have listened to the fans - don't take my word for it - ask the wearebrighton lot who really enjoy giving Barber a kicking if he deserves it. But on this..."Brighton again prove that, by and large, they know how to look after their fans."
http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsop...th-supporter-friendly-season-ticket-renewals/

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Mr Martin of Dyke Road seemingly unaware of a global pandemic...

We digress, the only family stand area that is moving is the one created after we got promoted (I think). The original family stand E1a - b has remained unchanged since the Amex opened. I feel Mr Martin of Dyke Road doth protest too loudly...:whistle:

E1G and E1H used to be family stand, didn’t it?

Regardless, all family stand seats are at least equivalent to Zone B in terms of location and view, so it takes a special kind of moan to complain when you’re getting an adult seat for 12% less than Zone B, and U10 and U18 season tickets cost £90 and £145 respectively.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
E1G and E1H used to be family stand, didn’t it?

Regardless, all family stand seats are at least equivalent to Zone B in terms of location and view, so it takes a special kind of moan to complain when you’re getting an adult seat for 12% less than Zone B and U10 and U18 for £90 and £145 respectively.

The Amex opened with E1A, E1B and part of E1C as the 'family stand'. It stayed this way for some time, I thought it was within the last 4 or 5 years that they then expanded the family offering into either E1G or E1H to fulfil additional demand. The rest of either of those sections were guest tickets and general sale.

I seem to remember there were complaints from those in that area that they were too close to the naughty words coming from the away end. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021

I think he has a point about flasks. If a family of say an adult and two kids or two adults and a kid are going then that must be an extra £6 or £7 a game (although I don't understand why kids have to have a drink at half time, I never used to when a season ticket holder at the Goldstone). The flask thing for me is an issue for some people and especially older people. I know people whose first game at the Albion was just before World War 2 and have been season ticket holders with the same people sitting with them since the 1960's. They are now not as young as they once were and therefore not as sprightly as they used to be. I'm not sure what they would now do for a hot drink, no doubt just get on without one and just have the toffees without a drink. To get up and down the stairs is an effort enough before and after the game, never mind doing it all again at half time. Perhaps the club might arrange to sell teas/coffees for people in their seats for those of a certain vintage. Either way, it might seem minor but actually it is in my humble opinion a bit poor for the few quid the club make in it. After all, most people wont take a flask anyway so why not just accommodate it for those who it does make a difference for? That's my two penneth anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here