Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think he has a point about flasks. .

I used to take a flask. They aren't the only venue to ban them and its on the basis of security concerns not out of a desire to make ££ (they still have no issue with you bringing in sandwiches, or crisps or sweets for example).. Not sure the club really make much ££ out of it. They reduced the price of a cup of tea by 15% when they introduced the policy anyway. But to cancel your season ticket on this basis - the letter writer cited flasks and bottletops as a key factor - is quite the reaction.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The melts on here would have mmm well melted ... if they were Forest Green Rovers fans.

"From next season the club is going vegan"
"We don't want to go vegan"
"Tough, resistance is futile"

That's the way to do it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But to cancel your season ticket on this basis - the letter writer cited flasks and bottletops as a key factor - is quite the reaction.

I tried to get in with 3 cartons of Ribena but the stewards stopped me and removed the little plastic drinking tubes then returned just one to me, for me and the kids to share. As I put it in my pocket I looked at it and thought, 'that's the final straw.'

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
"From next season the club is going vegan"
"We don't want to go vegan"
"Tough, resistance is futile"

"From next season the club is going is going to mobile ticketing"
"I don't want mobile ticketing"
"Fair enough. Give us your details. No problem"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used to take a flask. They aren't the only venue to ban them and its on the basis of security concerns not out of a desire to make ££ (they still have no issue with you bringing in sandwiches, or crisps or sweets for example).. Not sure the club really make much ££ out of it. They reduced the price of a cup of tea by 15% when they introduced the policy anyway. But to cancel your season ticket on this basis - the letter writer cited flasks and bottletops as a key factor - is quite the reaction.

This.....you can spend less than a couple of quid, or try to desperately manage to go a FULL 2 HOURS without a cup of tea..........................

.........No, I'm cancelling my season ticket and not going any more.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What's the saying? you can't please all of the people all of the time?

Whilst sympathising with Mr. Martin of Dyke Road, in not being permitted to take in bottles, or a flask for his half-time cup of tea, (albeit being a possible safety issue), he needs to understand that strictly speaking, being able to pass his tickets on to all and sundry was never allowed in the first place, and only permitted as the club decided to turn a blind eye to the practice.

I'll stop now, this is beginning to sound like an email written by PB.
It is a decision by the club not a law that general ST holders cant pass ticket on. In T&C of 1901 members clearly states they can pass ticket on to who they like. Many other PL league clubs allow this on few occasions and some you have to notify them of name of guest

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I do appreciate club not able to please everyone. If I have relative staying for weekend and it coincides with person I go to Albion unable to attend does seem strange that before I can suggest he comes with me he has to pay club £25 to join MyAlbion

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I do appreciate club not able to please everyone. If I have relative staying for weekend and it coincides with person I go to Albion unable to attend does seem strange that before I can suggest he comes with me he has to pay club £25 to join MyAlbion

Blimey, it seems we are going round and round in circles on this.

It really isn't that strange. Anybody who wants a (home section) matchday ticket for BHA needs to be a MyAlbion member. I buy tickets for 3 clubs. Albion (obvs), Cambridge Utd (my nearest team) and Orient (my son's best friend is an O's fan, so sometimes we go there with him and his dad). For each club I need to be a registered member on their database to comply with the law about selling tickets. Some charge a nominal fee for membership, others don't.

But I don't see why some STHs should think it is within the rights of their ST to make up their own Ts &Cs for matchday tickets.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, it does sound crazy but we are where we are so tough, basically.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The other side of the coin is why do you think your relative has the right to jump the queue?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

It really isn't that strange. Anybody who wants a (home section) matchday ticket for BHA needs to be a MyAlbion member. I buy tickets for 3 clubs. Albion (obvs), Cambridge Utd (my nearest team) and Orient (my son's best friend is an O's fan, so sometimes we go there with him and his dad). For each club I need to be a registered member on their database to comply with the law about selling tickets. Some charge a nominal fee for membership, others don't.

But I don't see why some STHs should think it is within the rights of their ST to make up their own Ts &Cs for matchday tickets.

I mean I think this is a really valuable point. I've been a member at Spurs, Villa, Middlesbrough and Liverpool. I have no interest in any of these clubs but in the past, have fancied going to see one or two interesting games as a neutral (or in the wrong end for a few Albion cup games) with my dad. It's common practice to be registered as a member at pretty much every other club that PoTG isn't applicable. Yes, I know ye of olde miss the days of turning up at five to three and squeezing on to a terrace and nobody really giving a crap about any rules but those days are so far in the past at this point.

Whilst the club have been willing to turn a blind eye to this in the past, the rule is actually a nice compromise. They could have quite easily have changed the T&Cs to say "The named ticket holder must be sitting in their seat only. If they can not attend they need to notify the club 48 hours in advance so the ticket can be relisted on the ticket exchange." It would make a ton more profit for the club and give friends no opportunity to go to a game.

As is clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions; "1.2. By purchasing and/or accepting and/or holding a Season Ticket you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Entry listed in clause 1.1 above." If you disagree, the club have a waiting list, they are a private company and will be more than happy to allow you to cancel and have someone else take your seat. That's capitalism and the club are a business.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It’s not ‘anybody’ though. If [MENTION=20814]amexer[/MENTION] normally goes with, say, his 10 year old kid or elderly father he can upgrade that concessionary ticket to take his non-member mate, up to 6 times a year. It’s only a full adult ticket that can only go to an Albion+ member.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This.....you can spend less than a couple of quid, or try to desperately manage to go a FULL 2 HOURS without a cup of tea..........................

.........No, I'm cancelling my season ticket and not going any more.

Quite. Anyone thinking that banning flasks was done to force people to spend £1.80 at half time from the, already over-burdened, stadium kiosks really needs to do the maths.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The other side of the coin is why do you think your relative has the right to jump the queue?
For the last few years season ticket holders have had 'guest tickets' as part of their package. So it's essentially a £25 price increase for that benefit

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For the last few years season ticket holders have had 'guest tickets' as part of their package. So it's essentially a £25 price increase for that benefit

We've not had that in the Premier League with near sell-out crowds most weeks, have we? The last time I remember that happening was in 15/16, when we only had about 19,000 season ticket holders, to try and bump up the home attendance for a couple of the less attractive fixtures. And some people even moaned about that because they couldn't sit next to their mates unless they moved.

I'm thinking of guest tickets being when we were able to buy a couple of extra Zone B tickets for £20 each. Am I confusing this with something else?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
We've not had that in the Premier League with near sell-out crowds most weeks, have we? The last time I remember that happening was in 15/16, when we only had about 19,000 season ticket holders, to try and bump up the home attendance for a couple of the less attractive fixtures. And some people even moaned about that because they couldn't sit next to their mates unless they moved.

I'm thinking of guest tickets being when we were able to buy a couple of extra Zone B tickets for £20 each. Am I confusing this with something else?

Unofficially is what TBTA means 😉

Aug 18, 2013

Nope. We had this up until grounds being shut. I got friends several tickets for a number of Premier League games (some big, some small). It was a priority window before they went down the members schemes. Sadly a thing of the past now.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

We have 1 or 2 matches every season that STH are able to buy guest tickets for. Usually for a Monday evening match against Burnley or the like.

*EDIT* Just searched through my inbox and am a little mistaken. The Zone B £20 ticket is a bit different from season ticket guest tickets. It seemed several matches a season us STH were able to buy guest tickets after they had been on sale to MyAlbion+ members but before they went on general sale:

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 14.36.32.png

That's from 2018.

Last edited:

Aug 18, 2013
We have 1 or 2 matches every season that STH are able to buy guest tickets for. Usually for a Monday evening match against Burnley or the like. And yes they often are in south stand or SE corner for £20 each.
No, they have given us extra ones previously for less glamour ties like Stoke on a Monday.

But I'm talking about guest tickets for every game! Which we've been able to buy since we got promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here