Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I see, that makes some sense, however doesn't allowing people to formally share the ticket after paying £25 then mean that strategy has now gone by the wayside? I just wonder if both with sharing season tickets and flasks, that the rules are a little be "sledgehammer to crack a nut". Perhaps let the few who want to, take in a flask. Also let three people share a season ticket if they wish, if they say that they are doing so when they buy the ticket. Yes, I expect one or two will smuggle booze in the flask but for every one of them there will be 10 grateful pensioners who can have a hot drink with their toffees. If the smuggler is caught then take away the ticket. As for the sharing a season ticket, I just can't see what the problem is with that at all, if when they buy it, they say who is sharing it. When making rules then it's important to always review what is trying to be achieved and why. Then have a proportionate test for those rules. All just seems a little bit unnecessary.

Apart from it not being in the spirit of having an ST as it is now the club is required to know for test and trace purposes exactly who is in the stadium. If 3 people shared one ST there would have to be copies of the ticket for all three otherwise noone would know which individual was present.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
How are these changes affecting those corporate 1901 seats ?
Do they just have to provide details of who is attending on a match by match basis ?
Do the guests have to be Albion + members to attend ?

This may be included in the ST pack mine only arrived earlier today
So I have yet to read it

Bump bump bumpity bump
Can anyone answer me this please ?
Not bothered reading the ST pack yet CBA

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I haven’t been following the ins and outs of this debate but am I right in saying you can pay twenty quid as a one off and then your guests can pay twenty five quid as a one off ? That gives them the opportunity to use the tickets you kindly pass on with no further cost. Even if it is someone different every time that’s twenty five quid to watch a PL football match which is a lot cheaper than the actual ticket price. I really don’t see the unfairness. It rather sticks in the throat when people complain about not getting stuff for free. I think in addition you are assuming that the ticket is yours to do with as you wish. That is not the case as it comes with lots of terms and conditions and the club have just added another one.

That is precisely my understanding and I spoke to the club yesterday to clarify this. £20 to make the ST shareable, £25 to become a member (by DD, £28 if pay by lump sum....), no other costs. Given the situation I think it is a blinding deal and the club deserve congratulations.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How are these changes affecting those corporate 1901 seats ?
Do they just have to provide details of who is attending on a match by match basis ?
Do the guests have to be Albion + members to attend ?

This may be included in the ST pack mine only arrived earlier today
So I have yet to read it

1901 tickets have always been transferable on a match by match basis and all you have to do is provide a name. There’s a portal available for us to do this, we literally just type in the name, their email address and a paper copy is sent to them. There’s no requirement for them to be an Albion Plus member. I’m not aware of any changes to this.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I see, that makes some sense, however doesn't allowing people to formally share the ticket after paying £25 then mean that strategy has now gone by the wayside? I just wonder if both with sharing season tickets and flasks, that the rules are a little be "sledgehammer to crack a nut". Perhaps let the few who want to, take in a flask. Also let three people share a season ticket if they wish, if they say that they are doing so when they buy the ticket. Yes, I expect one or two will smuggle booze in the flask but for every one of them there will be 10 grateful pensioners who can have a hot drink with their toffees. If the smuggler is caught then take away the ticket. As for the sharing a season ticket, I just can't see what the problem is with that at all, if when they buy it, they say who is sharing it. When making rules then it's important to always review what is trying to be achieved and why. Then have a proportionate test for those rules. All just seems a little bit unnecessary.

You wouldn’t take a flask into a pub beer garden. In life there are rules. One of them is that you also cannot take a flask into the Amex. I can’t believe the fuss people make when they don’t get their own way.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
You wouldn’t take a flask into a pub beer garden. In life there are rules. One of them is that you also cannot take a flask into the Amex. I can’t believe the fuss people make when they don’t get their own way.

I can only assume you weren’t in the Leaking Boot in Grimsby in 2003?

Albion fans pioneered the concept of take-in beer that day...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

You can take a picnic basket to Lords including bottle of wine

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Am I right in thinking that it's only one bottle of wine you can take in? If so, it appears they have rules as well.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
1901 tickets have always been transferable on a match by match basis and all you have to do is provide a name. There’s a portal available for us to do this, we literally just type in the name, their email address and a paper copy is sent to them. There’s no requirement for them to be an Albion Plus member. I’m not aware of any changes to this.

Yes but how do you transfer your coat hanger slot ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That must mean you can take your own drink anywhere you like then. I tell you what, I’m going to take a bottle of vodka on my next plane journey and if some jobsworth air steward tries to remove it I will use your argument about taking wine to Lords...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That must mean you can take your own drink anywhere you like then. I tell you what, I’m going to take a bottle of vodka on my next plane journey and if some jobsworth air steward tries to remove it I will use your argument about taking wine to Lords...

Not an argument just a statement. I am very surprised this is allowed and think I have done the same at Hove

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not an argument just a statement. I am very surprised this is allowed and think I have done the same at Hove

Yep, as have I. It’s the norm at cricket. We have taken alcoholic picnics to Arundel and Colchester in recent years. There are restrictions on quantity but I guess the cricket clubs are comfortable with their regulations. It doesn’t mean the Albion have to do the same though.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Thank you , HT
I understand the transferable nature and realise it’s a perk of the premium paid to go corporate
To me it seems a little odd that only a name is required for 1901 yet elsewhere more info is required allegedly because of COVID ?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Thank you , HT
I understand the transferable nature and realise it’s a perk of the premium paid to go corporate
To me it seems a little odd that only a name is required for 1901 yet elsewhere more info is required allegedly because of COVID ?

I think when you’re preparing your risk assessment and you go through your T&Cs and it clearly states STs should not be passed on, but you’ve been letting this happen with a blind eye - you have a bit of a problem addressing the overall safety of that with Covid adherence in mind.

If 1901 already has a set of T&Cs where transferring is part of the package and identity of guest is already recorded - you already have a Covid safe process. As far as I’m aware 1901 tickets could be sold to companies rather than individuals - they were already geared up to receiving multiple guests and recording their info.

Think a little bit of slack needs to be given to the club on this one. They could have said it’s too expensive to setup new processes on the existing ST database and from next season there would be strict enforcement of only the named ST holder going. They haven’t, it’s not free, but it’s hardly bank breaking either.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I think when you’re preparing your risk assessment and you go through your T&Cs and it clearly states STs should not be passed on, but you’ve been letting this happen with a blind eye - you have a bit of a problem addressing the overall safety of that with Covid adherence in mind.

If 1901 already has a set of T&Cs where transferring is part of the package and identity of guest is already recorded - you already have a Covid safe process. As far as I’m aware 1901 tickets could be sold to companies rather than individuals - they were already geared up to receiving multiple guests and recording their info.

Think a little bit of slack needs to be given to the club on this one. They could have said it’s too expensive to setup new processes on the existing ST database and from next season there would be strict enforcement of only the named ST holder going. They haven’t, it’s not free, but it’s hardly bank breaking either.

No what I was getting at was , a list of names could well be produced for corporate 1901 by a company per say
but are the photo ID s being checked as well to verify the names on the list for T&T COVID purposes ?
Just wondered if this had occurred in the so called test events where limited numbers attended

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No what I was getting at was , a list of names could well be produced for corporate 1901 by a company per say
but are the photo ID s being checked as well to verify the names on the list for T&T COVID purposes ?
Just wondered if this had occurred in the so called test events where limited numbers attended

I passed on my ticket for the games earlier in the season.
I can confirm the name of the person was stamped on the ticket and ID was checked at entry. Also, the attendee had to complete and sign a form in the 24 hours before KO with contact details and a signed declaration that you were Covid healthy and would not attend if you subsequently felt unwell. If the form wasn’t completed, signed and returned you couldn’t get in.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can confirm the name of the person was stamped on the ticket and ID was checked at entry. Also, the attendee had to complete and sign a form in the 24 hours before KO with contact details and a signed declaration that you were Covid healthy and would not attend if you subsequently felt unwell. If the form wasn’t completed, signed and returned you couldn’t get in.

For those of you trying to belittle the club’s efforts to let us lend STs by comparing to 1901 please read the clear explanation by HT above

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep, as have I. It’s the norm at cricket. We have taken alcoholic picnics to Arundel and Colchester in recent years. There are restrictions on quantity but I guess the cricket clubs are comfortable with their regulations. It doesn’t mean the Albion have to do the same though.

Picnicing in Colchester doesn't have quite the same ring about it as picnicing in Arundel does it? :eek:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Thanks HT
Just curious as to how it was being controlled , due to the flexibility of transferring tickets in corporate
Under ordinary circumstances you could swap someone in at the last minute If another had to drop out
Obviously a lot more advance planning required currently
Is the 24 hr declaration for all areas ? Whilst operating at reduced numbers
I never got higher than priority group 2 So didn’t find out the process

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here