Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
and not just because theyre taking three weeks to deliver a f*cking CD. My postman always puts next doors post through my letter box even though it clearly states the door number on the letter.

A while ago we had a package not intended for us because the label had fallen off and the nobs stuck in back on a different package.

What's to discuss - they're f***ing useless full stop
Been waiting for some CDs that Amazon say were sent on December 6th - obviously some bastard postman's listening to them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been waiting for some CDs that Amazon say were sent on December 6th - obviously some bastard postman's listening to them
If they were to turn up, you had better come on here and say it, to$$er.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton

Careful mate I had something sent out to me on the 2nd and it arrived today. Hope you eat your words. Not that you will admit it if it does turn up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Careful mate I had something sent out to me on the 2nd and it arrived today. Hope you eat your words. Not that you will admit it if it does turn up.
TBH I would be surprised, if after that blinkered keyboard warrior assault on posties, if he was capable to man up and say sorry.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry for asking but has there been a noticable difference in the BT services offered to their customer as a result of such a large cut back in staff numbers? can't say i've noticed any difference personally but what do i know

Has technology replaced a lot of those staff and would that have happened anyway?

As with all the main utility companies new technology and automation has reduced job numbers , instead of speaking to a person a lot of interractions can be done via IVR or online. Also BT offered numerous redundany packages to reduce the directly employed headcount and then replaced them with agency staff. It used to be common to wait a minimum of 20 minutes or more to get through to report a fault or talk about your bill because there were not enough staff available to take the calls.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I wan't much fun being a postie today, wind, rain, sleet, snow.
Hey ho it's my job and you just have to get on with it, hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.
I'm sure if I did make a human error, that we are all capable of, the people in question would just think 'oh well he's trying'.
I had one today that complained their mail was wet but the letter I gave her that was addressed to 31 instead of 21 she didnt even thank me for.
They forget about things like that and have to moan about something.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Article in today's Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/dec/18/roy-mayall-postman-christmas-post-royal-mail

a-postman-delivering-mail-007.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He puts across the bizarre nature of our 'modernisation', well.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was waiting for a single record I'd bought on eBay that never turned up, which I wasn't bothered about, as it was a couple of quid and only the second thing that hadn't turned up in about seven years. When I looked at the online PO form to claim for it, it looked far too complicated...

'The claim form should be completed with as much detail as possible, the minimum information required to submit a claim is:

* the names and addresses of the sender, addressee and claimant
* the Royal Mail Product used
* the amount of postage paid and method of payment (e.g. stamp, meter impression, SmartStamp®, online postage etc.)
* place of posting
* date of posting
* the basis for asserting the posting details and product used – such as date of post mark, Certificate of posting and for Special Delivery, Recorded Signed For and Standard Parcels the product documentation
* detailed description of the contents and packaging (for loss and damage)
* date the item was delivered (for part loss, damage and delay)'...

I don't know how many people would just give up and bear the loss ???

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

That item sums up the idiotic drive to privatisation. When i started on the Post Office 26 years ago customers had their mail delivered by mid-day because we started at 4.30...........now we start at 6 and the quality of sevice has nosedived......all thanks to modernisation and the drive to line the pockets of a foreign investor and its shareholders. Will successive goverments not learn that privatisation of certain industries does not work and will not guarantee an improved sevice. Once the Post office has been sold it will be gone forever and customers will be complaining about the new sevice in the same manner that they complain about increased rail travel prices, overcrowding, late trains and cancelled sevices...........................rant over

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Hi i'm a postie and have been for about 15 years. I've been watching this thread since it started and i just wanted to have my say. I HAVE NEVER STOLEN ANYTHING.
I also want to say i love my round and the people on it, i always try my best for them and always will. It drives me mad that things go missing and sometimes when we have to deliver empty packet and take the flack for the ***** that take the stuff. Our office has a 'clear door policy' that means if they get mail to us we will deliver it that day (nothing left for the next day). I understand that some people get upset but i'm just doing my job as you would 'honestly'. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi i'm a postie and have been for about 15 years. I've been watching this thread since it started and i just wanted to have my say. I HAVE NEVER STOLEN ANYTHING.
I also want to say i love my round and the people on it, i always try my best for them and always will. It drives me mad that things go missing and sometimes when we have to deliver empty packet and take the flack for the ***** that take the stuff. Our office has a 'clear door policy' that means if they get mail to us we will deliver it that day (nothing left for the next day). I understand that some people get upset but i'm just doing my job as you would 'honestly'. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.
Don't think those of us fellow postie not saying such things are any lesser.
It's just this is type of thread has been all over NSC most of the year, and I for one have got fed up with defending myself against pillocks like Blue 'n ' White.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Royal Mail will always be w@nkers in some peoples opinion and nothing will change their blinkered view.
Until one year after it no longer is Royal Mail, then all of a sudden RM will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Make me laugh that most of the people on my round that moan to me about late post saying it was posted 1 or 2 weeks ago . and I ask them who told them that and they said they rung them up and thats what the supplier had said . Then the packet eventually arrives to moans about crap Royal Mail and I tell them the date stamp was only YESTERDAY.
You also get flack for non delivery of packets from various suppliers ie. Next, and you then tell them after their rant that Royal Mail DONT deliver Next parcels.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Give em a break. The country is in freezedown! Not all their fault. Reminds me of the lovely story from a while back which went like this

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses. One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no actual address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about.
The letter read:

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had "£100" in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension payment. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few pounds.
By the time he made the rounds, he had collected £96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.
The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.
Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady addressed to God. All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read:

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift. By the way, there was £4 missing. I think it might have been those bastards at the post office!

Sincerely, Edna

TNBA

TTF

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Give em a break. The country is in freezedown! Not all their fault. Reminds me of the lovely story from a while back which went like this

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses. One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no actual address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about.
The letter read:

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had "£100" in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension payment. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few pounds.
By the time he made the rounds, he had collected £96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.
The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.
Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady addressed to God. All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read:

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift. By the way, there was £4 missing. I think it might have been those bastards at the post office!

Sincerely, Edna

TNBA

TTF

Very good! Made me laugh out loud!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here