Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
In 5 years, EVERYTHING I've sent to the West Country has arrived the next day. Every single time, without fail. That's no coincidance, it's good service. And by the way, it's been the same going the other way aswell.

I live in Devon and never had a problem. Our post generally arrives in the early afternoon but it always has, so it's never been a problem.
We have, on occasion, been delivered next doors mail but that can usually be put down to poor handwriting on the senders part. I live at 16, it's easy to make a 5 look like a 6.

We no longer have the staff for 'outdoor' training.

I spent 2 weeks shadowing a senior postie, before I was unleashed on a round, that luxury will never happen again.
You are entirely in the hands of the postie's common sense and desire to do the job properly.

Good luck!.

That's eleven years of having to live under the unfair conditions laid down by the regulator since the Postal Services Bill was passed, modernisation? You're having a laugh!
The general public ain't seen nothing yet if we get privatised.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In my 56 years I can honestly say that I cannot recall a problem with the Royal Mail which is not something I can say about several other countries not to mention the very much more expensive UPS and Fedex. I can further say that I have worked for a company that became GDNet and I can safely say that they are second only to the utterly excrable Dixons as the worst and most inefficient of the many companies and institutions I have woked for.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
We are now having all our rounds changed and have an extra 60 calls added (extra 10 %).
We have to go round in pairs in 'buddy' vans and do small loops with golf trolleys.Plus deliver large packets as well.
Thing is the computer programme 'Pegassis' has said it will take 4 hours 10 minutes but after being checked with the union and the manager who together walk tested it with the postman, found out it took 5 hours 30 minutes .
The testers said the postman was even walking TOO FAST but the programmers said he was slow as the computer cant be wrong.
What the programmers had forgotten is that there are customers on our rounds that might ask us questions with us being a service . There are steps on the round that trolleys cant go up. They expect us to take the bags off the trolleys when we go into flats for security reasons .
People who dont answer the door until you have written the docket out and then call you back when they realise you aren't the debt collector.
The Post Office have wasted all this money on Vans, trolleys and planners wages which isn't going to work and will totally f**k the system up.
Im sure they think we jog up peoples paths and run out at 4 mph and keep it up all round as that is what we are supposed to do.
I carry on average anything from 70 to 100 kg every day and will end up cutting off (not finishing in the time allowed) and people will end up not getting mail till later in the day

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It will all make sense, when 70% of depots will be closed, and you in Langley will be working out of Haywards Heath, or even, Gatwick.

I don't know who I'm more pi$$ed off with the management for completely screwing us over, or the Union for letting them.
Sorry Southover, but even you have to admit that last deal was sh1te.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
and not just because theyre taking three weeks to deliver a f*cking CD. My postman always puts next doors post through my letter box even though it clearly states the door number on the letter.

A while ago we had a package not intended for us because the label had fallen off and the nobs stuck in back on a different package.

I finally got the new Bob Geldof cd today, 2 weeks after release and 3 weeks after I pre-ordered it. Amazon had to send another copy because Royal Mail couldn't do their job properly, so I can sympathize.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Useless. I ordered a football - and the postman delivered it this morning with this cheery wave - and they had lost all the flamin' packaging.

Excellent :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I finally got the new Bob Geldof cd today, 2 weeks after release and 3 weeks after I pre-ordered it. Amazon had to send another copy because Royal Mail couldn't do their job properly, so I can sympathize.
I wouldnt always be quick to criticize Royal Mail where Amazon is concerned, I have received Amazon packets for delivery before without addresses on them and also not stuck down properly. Amazon aren't going to blame themselves are they

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldnt always be quick to criticize Royal Mail where Amazon is concerned, I have received Amazon packets for delivery before without addresses on them and also not stuck down properly. Amazon aren't going to blame themselves are they
I'd walk away from this Neil, if you perceive RM has done you wrong (with a fair degree of justification) there is no way they are coming back on side until RM is no more and they are paying £10 postage, for an even shoddier service.

Oh and I'm not completely mental, as per my earlier post, I just google mapped LangLey not LangNey, hence me placing you somewhere to the right of HH, good old RM :lol:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I have always had bloomin' good service from the post office. I can't believe sometimes how quick stuff does get delivered.

Yeah I cant believe how quickly the "sorry we missed you" cards get posted. Usually before the door bell gets pressed and when Im actually in.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Yeah I cant believe how quickly the "sorry we missed you" cards get posted. Usually before the door bell gets pressed and when Im actually in.

A mate of mine used to complain about this happening to him, but shirley it's more grief to a postie to card an address and then return an item to the depot, rather than waiting a minute for an answer, and getting the item off his/her hands to the addressee ???

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Are you Bob Geldof?

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
A mate of mine used to complain about this happening to him, but shirley it's more grief to a postie to card an address and then return an item to the depot, rather than waiting a minute for an answer, and getting the item off his/her hands to the addressee ???

Always assuming the big/heavy/awkward package ever left the depot in the first place.

It will all make sense, when 70% of depots will be closed, and you in Langley will be working out of Haywards Heath, or even, Gatwick.

I don't know who I'm more pi$$ed off with the management for completely screwing us over, or the Union for letting them.
Sorry Southover, but even you have to admit that last deal was sh1te.

Certain parts of the deal are good, but I am sure there are bad parts for eveyone and being an engineer I wouldn't be able to comment on what you delivery boys were unhappy about.
One thing I do know is that before the strikes management did not want to talk to the union and wanted to bypass it, at least there is still some recognition of the union after the strikes, but for me it seems that all the optimism about a 'new way forward' has been swept away as with many past peace deals between the CWU and Royal Mail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here