Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Hi i'm a postie and have been for about 15 years. I've been watching this thread since it started and i just wanted to have my say. I HAVE NEVER STOLEN ANYTHING.
I also want to say i love my round and the people on it, i always try my best for them and always will. It drives me mad that things go missing and sometimes when we have to deliver empty packet and take the flack for the ***** that take the stuff. Our office has a 'clear door policy' that means if they get mail to us we will deliver it that day (nothing left for the next day). I understand that some people get upset but i'm just doing my job as you would 'honestly'. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Feel just the same, my customers say all I need to know. Will always give 100%. Guess most of us are like that. Stat is correct,We do get a lot of stick.Keep the faith.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have been happy with their service and most of my stuff seems to get here on time. I dislike the private courier companies, most of whose drivers appear to be Eastern Europeans in my area, and for some reason I don't feel I can trust them (stereotypical view there sorry). I feel I can trust postmen and women for some reason, and they do their best to deliver the mail despite often incomplete addresses.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In 5 years, EVERYTHING I've sent to the West Country has arrived the next day. Every single time, without fail. That's no coincidance, it's good service. And by the way, it's been the same going the other way aswell.

During this bad weather, every single parcel I having been waiting for through RM has arrived. Every parcel except one I am waiting for through Home Delivery Network has failed to arrive (well, one is supposed to have, but according to them it was signed for by one 'S Williams' - who?). UPS told my parents yesterday that they were still not delivering to their village as it was impossible to get their vans along the main access road; my parents pointed out that not only were RM getting through, so were the bin men.

Despite the best efforts of the senior management to turn RM into a service with the quality standards of the private parcel/post companies, RM continue to be a minor miracle.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
My postman saw me naked once :(

I fear with a name like BIGPOPPAPUMP... you aren't the kind we like to come across naked... by accident. pun intended.

always get a few 'characters' (women) who never answer the door in anything but a dressing gown. but i don't know any fellow post who has made love to THAT many housewives on his rounds... shame really its why i joined up in the first place

that and to be called back in the pouring rain to some berk on his doorstep telling me in a rude arrogant fashion that the addressee of a single worthless junk letter has gone away... true story

D

Deleted member 2719

They are getting worse down here.

We have had many wrong letters and to cap it all the dozy f*cker on our round posted my Pompey tickets in a house about 8 doors down. Luckily they are not Pompey Footie fans or me and the mates would have been f*cked come Saturday with some Pompey scum nicking our tickets.
Dozy Postie is on his final warning after that with me.

:rant::rant::rant:

Rant over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised quite how many people are sending out their Christmas cards, really really early this year.!! :lol: :down: :lol:

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Im a postie , Why dont you complain to the delivery office manager but chances are its not a usual postie.
P.S. aren't the tickets sent by recorded delivery??

D

Deleted member 2719

Im a postie , Why dont you complain to the delivery office manager but chances are its not a usual postie.
P.S. aren't the tickets sent by recorded delivery??

I know how mistakes can happen but the few we have round here are so miserable and just grunt maybe a word to the DOM might do the trick. We had one ring our door bell which is very easy to hear from the door he left it about 5 secs and decided to ring it again, when at one end of the house dealing with the kids it's almost impossible to get to the door with keys in 5 secs. They are p*ssing me off now.

If they were a recorded delivery maybe they do need dropping in it. Most of them look out of shape, when i was a postie 20 odd years ago you had to be fit to join, have their standards slipped???

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
being a postie do you want me to tell you why we are losing so many red elastic bands
1/ these biodegradable bands are f**king useless have no elasticity like the olden brown bands and bust all the time at any given moment
2/ The new mailbags we use are now cheaply made c**p trying to save money and rip after a few weeks in the corners and the bands fall out
3/ The mail we band up now is mostly holiday brochures and A4 booklets and the bands aren't man enough.
At least it brings a bit of colour to the streets strewn in overturned refuge bins , dog faeces and knotted durex's we have to put up with

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Nice one Neil.You might as well mention the plastic clips on the Pouch snapping as well. :thumbsup:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I saw a new postie wandering about in my neck of the woods this morning with a MAP in his hand :facepalm:

Obviously this is good to find the streets etc., but don't they get trained on all the nooks and crannies on their routes?

My address is slightly ambiguous and could easily be transposed, leaving me letterless :nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We no longer have the staff for 'outdoor' training.

I spent 2 weeks shadowing a senior postie, before I was unleashed on a round, that luxury will never happen again.
You are entirely in the hands of the postie's common sense and desire to do the job properly.

Good luck!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here