Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

Reading Sorting Office no longer exists, the processing of mail was moved to Swindon at the new Thames Valley Mail Centre over a year ago. More cutbacks that give the public a poorer service.

So the new sorting office is shite as well. Doesn't change the fact that the useless **** of a delivery person didn't bother reading anything other than the f***ing number. And this was a utility bill from NI electric, printed not hand-written. I know it's a shitty job and thankless but I can ALWAYS tell when that wanker is on holiday.

No incorrectly delivered items. No gates left open because the useless **** is on his phone instead of shutting the f***ing things. No rubber bands dropped - I found 3 on my driveway in one f***ing day once. It is him and him alone.

The only tip he'll ever get from me is the dog shit from my front gardent left there because he can't be arsed to close the gate.

<snip of a not unreasonable rant>

But the problem is that we all have bad stories. Since I moved into this house I have had about 6 delivery men. It is the single useless wanker of them that pisses me off. If he doesn't like his job and can't be arsed to do it properly f***ing leave and get a job he does like. Then I caa have a postman who f***ing does his job correctly.

And as for the rubber bands? Gie me your address and I'll bring all the f***ing ones I've found in my street in the past year, all dropped by the same useless wanker, and dump them on your f***ing driveway. Then we'll see if it matters.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So the new sorting office is shite as well. Doesn't change the fact that the useless **** of a delivery person didn't bother reading anything other than the f***ing number. And this was a utility bill from NI electric, printed not hand-written. I know it's a shitty job and thankless but I can ALWAYS tell when that wanker is on holiday.

No incorrectly delivered items. No gates left open because the useless **** is on his phone instead of shutting the f***ing things. No rubber bands dropped - I found 3 on my driveway in one f***ing day once. It is him and him alone.

The only tip he'll ever get from me is the dog shit from my front gardent left there because he can't be arsed to close the gate.
The new train station is goner be massive,closing the caversham road for 5 days over xmas is goner be a nightmare as they put the new railway bridge up:D

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Hopless - they employ people who have no skills to work at anything else .... and it shows, many times over during the course of the year - any year.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
But the problem is that we all have bad stories. Since I moved into this house I have had about 6 delivery men. It is the single useless wanker of them that pisses me off. If he doesn't like his job and can't be arsed to do it properly f***ing leave and get a job he does like. Then I caa have a postman who f***ing does his job correctly.

And as for the rubber bands? Gie me your address and I'll bring all the f***ing ones I've found in my street in the past year, all dropped by the same useless wanker, and dump them on your f***ing driveway. Then we'll see if it matters.

We all get it now, your postie is crap, well done.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i can confess that there are some feckless bastards on the post... of course i have my rant because i am not one of them and don't like being tarred by that brush.
lets agree to have our different points of view, ultimately we are both in the right.

as for the bands... well i'm quite sure i'd make a delightful rubber band ball with them which i would love and cherish. i'll decline leaving my address and leave you this rare pleasure instead. i also don't have a driveway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told by a postie that irresepctive of the times of collecting shown on the post boxes there is only actually one delivery per day from Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath to the sorting office at Gatwick andf apparently leaves HH about 2.00pm so anything posted after about 12 noon will be sent next day. Dont know if that is correct or not but I now answer all letters the day I receive them and then post the reply by 2nd class post.

If it is urgent I send a reply by e mail and then a paper copy again by 2nd class post.

Last edited:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I'm on the postie's side and I think they do a top job (most of them that is). I think the postie's themselves get a bad rap when it should be the management etc that get the crap. I shall also be tipping my postie. We get this same boring moan up every 4 or 5 months. I had an item that was posted on the 2nd of this month and it arrived today, yes I was a bit concerned that it wasn't gonna turn up but I didn't start crying like some of you tarts on here!

Nothing to do with the new sorting office at all, your postman will work out of Reading Delivery Office and will have nothing to do with the new mail centre at Swindon. If you are really really fed up with the postman why don't you complain?

re: final mile... i don't think RM do have the final mile by law. it is not theirs alone anymore... the sector was demonopolised a couple of years ago - private companies can deliver final mile if they want to. they don't want to because it is the most costly part of the business.

BY LAW royal mail do HAVE to deliver final mile items and at a cheap standardised rate too (consider sending a letter from brighton to the outer hebrides... 39p maybe sounds more of a bargain now, right?) as part of performance promises made whilst a still public service. now that the industry is deregulated, and the service is expected to act as a business, the wild and saintly service promises are mad. no sane private company would make the service guarantees RM does, that postmen now labour under. RM has been nailed in the ass.

so... final mile and private companies... why deliver it yourself when royal mail is hamstrung by old public service promises into doing it for you? and the big NOBS need the business for their spreadsheets, so they'll agree to 'downstream access' at a knockdown rate, and burden the postie with the physical graft whilst shouting in his ear that he is working no harder than he ever has. always they are sneaking more work to the load (the junk mail you get from us in spades now, for example. believe me, we don't like it any more than you do) i feel like a spanish donkey most days. and the wankers they employ as new managers! little brainwashed company hitlers. morons. really, there should be more sympathy for the postie than there is in this f***ing proto-typical binfest.

note to geniuses - when it snows, many things in britain f*** up. snow and ice are the one weather the postal service cannot deal with, on the roads with the vans up and down the country, or on the streets with the postman falling up and down your unswept steps and breaking a bone or two. oh and christmas is quite a busy period for mail too, i'm not sure if you realised. so... spare a thought and stop being so bloody infantile about it! Ooh i'll moan online about this TERRIBLE INJUSTICE!!

in conclusion, it is the management killing the service, their hands in turn forced by governmental decrees under labour and chancellor brown... the company is run on bare bones of staff, which no doubt exacerbates difficult delivery conditions like this christmas/weather combo.

i also have an answer to the red rubber band complaint but really... who f***ing cares? your postie rarely doesn't do it from malice. try using the hole-ridden satchels we make do with and then work out how a trail of the little red fuckers happens. just pick them up you TARTS. christ!

ps. yes i am a postman... fed up with reactionary basement dwelling neckbeard tosspots throwing their toys out because they haven't been rushed their christmas butt plug yet /thread

100% agree!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wan't much fun being a postie today, wind, rain, sleet, snow.
Hey ho it's my job and you just have to get on with it, hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.
I'm sure if I did make a human error, that we are all capable of, the people in question would just think 'oh well he's trying'.

I wan't much fun being a postie today, wind, rain, sleet, snow.
Hey ho it's my job and you just have to get on with it, hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.
I'm sure if I did make a human error, that we are all capable of, the people in question would just think 'oh well he's trying'.

Unfortunately some of the c***s on here will not accept any human error whatsoever, so Royal Mail are always onto a losing battle with their attitudes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here