Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

D

Deleted member 2719

Ha ha you know i would not dare and its not you know who!!!!

Are You sure!

Your office maybe slightly different but then you lot get four figured tips allegedly.

Come on there must be let's say 20% dossers at your office?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
YIPEE! First class stamp to go up by 5p Second class by 4p............ that'll send a good few on here mental,
By the way did you know that Royal Mail no longer percieve the recipient as the customer as they have not paid for any service, so if you want to complain that your item hasn't been delivered when amazon or whoever tell you it will be ...TOUGH. ( Their delivery date means nothing anyway unless you pay for a premium service)

ps I'm still waiting for some items that amazon gave a delivery date of 11 december

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Are You sure!

Your office maybe slightly different but then you lot get four figured tips allegedly.

Come on there must be let's say 20% dossers at your office?
No mate ......they are all pretty good really.....in fact some would call them arse lickers but all the works done, our customers are happy and we get four figured tips......£10.00

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
YIPEE! First class stamp to go up by 5p Second class by 4p............ that'll send a good few on here mental,
By the way did you know that Royal Mail no longer percieve the recipient as the customer as they have not paid for any service, so if you want to complain that your item hasn't been delivered when amazon or whoever tell you it will be ...TOUGH. ( Their delivery date means nothing anyway unless you pay for a premium service)

ps I'm still waiting for some items that amazon gave a delivery date of 11 december

I heard from someone working for Royal Mail that there are supposed to be numerous cages of items yet to be sorted in depots across the country but have been left for now as they tackled the backlog of post following the last batch of snow - don't really believe it but maybe thats why so many people are waiting for Amazon deliveries ??? (myself included - mine was due for delivery on the 13th on the order page, then 14th on the confirmation e-mail)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where we live i would say 50% of the letters we recieve are for other houses. The Royal Mail have really slipped in recent times i feel.
I doubt that, but still stand by my statement, that RM will never be as good a it is now.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Where I lived in Charlton, you would regularly see postmen drop in a card without bothering to knock on the door. Don't get me started on dropping hundreds of red elastic bands on a daily basis.

I expect they would say its against Health and Safety for Posties to pick them back up if they drop it as they might hurt their backs, and also against H&S because if they put then in their mail sacks as they might get pinged back and hit them in the face or may make their bags far too heavy to carry.

I'm surprised given how many elastic bands they must use each day as an organisation that more isn't done to re-use these, saving them money because they wouldn't have to buy so many to replace the ones that have been used or at least because it is the 'green' thing to do in the age of protecting the environment (littering / risk posed by disgarded bands to wildlife / takes a long time to degrade / could be re-used etc....)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would say royal mail is full of thieving bastards as i've had 3 refunds in the last 6 weeks because of missing items:angry:

Any company that uses royal mail needs shooting and play.com is one of them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes agreed Statto, i am lucky and work in a small office and staff turn over is very small.............although lately the Post Office have completely changed direction with workers relation's and rights and overall the job is not as nice as it used to be.........now treated just as a number and told you are lucky to have a job ect ect. True enough but the "personal touch" with customers is slowly being eroded to satisfy efficiency targets and increased competition.............will all end in tears with customers yearning for the Royal Mail of old.

If you think its bad now , just wait until privatisation goes through. BT employed 250,000 in the year prior to privatisation and 15 years later the headcount was down to 110,000 with relentless year on year efficiency savings and redundancy packages.

They 'dont get royal mail to deliver the last mile'. By law royal mail have the delivery of the last mile of all post of a certain kind. Such as letters and the like.

I work at Gatwick Mail Centre and Royal Mail does deliver the final mile for companies such as TNT, UK Mail and DHL and we get about 1p per letter for doing it, I maybe wrong but I heard we actually make a loss on this 'downstream access' work. For example a TNT lorry drops off thousands of letters at the mail centre, we process the mail through our machines and the mail is then sent to the delivery offices, who then do the final mile delivery. All in all a right old con, no thanks to New Labour who set-up the pro-artificial competition regulator Postcomm.

For all of you complaining we had the coldest start to December since 1993 with a country that has an infrastructure that can't handle snow, this tied in with the start of the busiest period for Royal Mail, unfortunately there are going to be delays to the mail. Royal Mail has employed 20,000 extra staff this year and this Sunday there are going to be extra deliveries to help with the backlog, Royal Mail is trying its best in the difficult circumstances. As Stat Brother said if you think the service is not good now, wait until a few years time after privatisation: it will be f***ing shit then!

Baldisbeautiful is not a manager he is a Christmas casual worker trying to stick up for Royal Mail, he's also my old man, so thanks Dad!

Last edited:

I had a letter from my f***ing useless postman the other month.

If was addressed to
Mrs A
30 X road
Omagh
County Omagh
Belfast
Northern Ireland

A Mrs - I'm Mr and the name was wrong.
The road was not the same name as the road I live on.
The town was not the town I live in - I live in Reading
The county was not the county I live in - I live in Berkshire
The country/principality was not the one I live in - I live in England not NI.

The f***ing useless twat managed to get the house number correct but every other thing was wrong. And it'snot the first time the thick wanker has managed to do similar. I've had exam papers that were supposed to go to a marker in Newbury. I've had share certificates of mine delivered to a house down the road, number 38 instead of 30.

The guy is a complete f***ing useless tosser, and I've written to the head of reading sorting office more than once telling him.

Reading Sorting Office no longer exists, the processing of mail was moved to Swindon at the new Thames Valley Mail Centre over a year ago. More cutbacks that give the public a poorer service.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If you think its bad now , just wait until privatisation goes through. BT employed 250,000 in the year prior to privatisation and 15 years later the headcount was down to 110,000 with relentless year on year efficiency savings and redundancy packages.

Sorry for asking but has there been a noticable difference in the BT services offered to their customer as a result of such a large cut back in staff numbers? can't say i've noticed any difference personally but what do i know

Has technology replaced a lot of those staff and would that have happened anyway?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gullsworth must be my postie then, because I don't get anyone else's post. ??? I must be quite the special case. I ordered a phone online yesterday morning, it arrived this afternoon via Royal Mail.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry for asking but has there been a noticable difference in the BT services offered to their customer as a result of such a large cut back in staff numbers? can't say i've noticed any difference personally but what do i know

Has technology replaced a lot of those staff and would that have happened anyway?

BT products have absolutely grown, the reason for cut backs is so much automation takes place

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I have to say that our chap up here is pretty good, and will do his level best to reach us (in a rural area down a long lane). The problem comes when he is on leave; some berk has managed to wreck my parents' letterbox twice. As for London, don't ask. I use my Sussex address even for London mail such as Council Tax demands, which means they are no use as proof of address.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
No,they're not.

Isolated cases as we see here do not detract from the fact that the vast majority of people NEVER have a problem with the Royal Mail,and that it provides an excellent service most of the time to most of its users.

The price for a first class item is a bargain these days,so expect to see huge increases and fewer postpersons "in the national interest"
in the near future.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
re: final mile... i don't think RM do have the final mile by law. it is not theirs alone anymore... the sector was demonopolised a couple of years ago - private companies can deliver final mile if they want to. they don't want to because it is the most costly part of the business.

BY LAW royal mail do HAVE to deliver final mile items and at a cheap standardised rate too (consider sending a letter from brighton to the outer hebrides... 39p maybe sounds more of a bargain now, right?) as part of performance promises made whilst a still public service. now that the industry is deregulated, and the service is expected to act as a business, the wild and saintly service promises are mad. no sane private company would make the service guarantees RM does, that postmen now labour under. RM has been nailed in the ass.

so... final mile and private companies... why deliver it yourself when royal mail is hamstrung by old public service promises into doing it for you? and the big NOBS need the business for their spreadsheets, so they'll agree to 'downstream access' at a knockdown rate, and burden the postie with the physical graft whilst shouting in his ear that he is working no harder than he ever has. always they are sneaking more work to the load (the junk mail you get from us in spades now, for example. believe me, we don't like it any more than you do) i feel like a spanish donkey most days. and the wankers they employ as new managers! little brainwashed company hitlers. morons. really, there should be more sympathy for the postie than there is in this f***ing proto-typical binfest.

note to geniuses - when it snows, many things in britain f*** up. snow and ice are the one weather the postal service cannot deal with, on the roads with the vans up and down the country, or on the streets with the postman falling up and down your unswept steps and breaking a bone or two. oh and christmas is quite a busy period for mail too, i'm not sure if you realised. so... spare a thought and stop being so bloody infantile about it! Ooh i'll moan online about this TERRIBLE INJUSTICE!!

in conclusion, it is the management killing the service, their hands in turn forced by governmental decrees under labour and chancellor brown... the company is run on bare bones of staff, which no doubt exacerbates difficult delivery conditions like this christmas/weather combo.

i also have an answer to the red rubber band complaint but really... who f***ing cares? your postie rarely doesn't do it from malice. try using the hole-ridden satchels we make do with and then work out how a trail of the little red fuckers happens. just pick them up you TARTS. christ!

ps. yes i am a postman... fed up with reactionary basement dwelling neckbeard tosspots throwing their toys out because they haven't been rushed their christmas butt plug yet /thread

Last edited:

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
and not just because theyre taking three weeks to deliver a f*cking CD. My postman always puts next doors post through my letter box even though it clearly states the door number on the letter.

A while ago we had a package not intended for us because the label had fallen off and the nobs stuck in back on a different package.

When the Tories get their wish and privatise the Royal Mail you will have to pay over a £1 for a letter to be delivered or you will be able to opt for TNT for an even more expensive price. The Royal Mail gives an excellent service and carry's millions of items every day with very few actually go missing or being mis-delivered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here