Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL election night thread

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I certainly don't think not winning any seats would be a defeat for the Seagulls Party.

The performance of the two candidates so far has been superb and, according to Yorkie, better than the Lib Dems expected the Seagulls Party to get.

If the results make the Lib Dems sit up and take notice of the support for Falmer within Lewes then today will have been a success.

Roz, Ed et al deserve a few pints of Harveys for their efforts that is for sure.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yorkie said:
Not confirmed but one of the Tories told us that there had been 2 gains for them in Seaford.

I also believe that Marina Pepper and David Neighbour have lost their seats? Again not confirmed.

from my knowledge of the area - that would be very possible. If we could contribute to the fall of the current Chair (or 'queen') and lead councillor for planning, that would be something to cheer.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Richie Morris said:
I certainly don't think not winning any seats would be a defeat for the Seagulls Party.

The performance of the two candidates so far has been superb and, according to Yorkie, better than the Lib Dems expected the Seagulls Party to get.

If the results make the Lib Dems sit up and take notice of the support for Falmer within Lewes then today will have been a success.

Roz, Ed et al deserve a few pints of Harveys for their efforts that is for sure.

spot on richie. The candidates have been superb.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Richie Morris said:
But importantly the Lib Dems are losing votes, if not seats, and the good performance of the Seagulls Party will force them, you would hope, to realise they underestimated the support for Falmer within Lewes.

Of course they won't. As long as they're in power they'll do and say what they like as they've amply demonstrated for the past few years. Not even this saga's going to be around when the next local election's take place. It's a truely fantastic effort by all, but it doesn't actually give us any greater say than we already have when LDC committee hold their meetings e.g. none.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
THEY'VE DONE IT!!!!

East Saltdean and Telscombe Cliffs
1212 Votes (elected) MASKELL Ron
The Conservative Party Candidate
1134 Votes (elected) PAGE James Victor Scotttd
1128 Votes (elected) HOWSON Philip Anthony
778 Votes LEE Liz
Liberal Democrats
722 Votes NEIGHBOUR David Roy
Liberal Democrats
285 Votes O'CONNOR Laurence Julian
The Labour Party Candidate
735 Votes PEPPER Marina Augusta
Liberal Democrats

<back to top
Kingston

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Richie Morris said:

well said :clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
portlock seagull said:
Of course they won't. As long as they're in power they'll do and say what they like as they've amply demonstrated for the past few years. Not even this saga's going to be around when the next local election's take place. It's a truely fantastic effort by all, but it doesn't actually give us any greater say than we already have when LDC committee hold their meetings e.g. none.

Of course and the worry is a victory for the Lib Dems, as they will no doubt get, will mean another term of their council and almost certainly contined opposition to Falmer.

BUT

In politics losing votes IS an issue and the Lib Dems, whatever they say publically, will have to assess where they lost them and why. I suspect a large chunk will have gone to the Seagulls Party.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pepper and Neighbour OUT !!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

2 very vocal and influencial enemies of the Albion OFF THE COUNCIL

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seasider said:
neighbour and pepper have indeed lost their seats

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I guess if she was 'the Queen' as she put it, that counts as having her head cut off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here