Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL election night thread

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I didn't write down names but this is the breakdown for Meeching & Denton Newhaven

Lib Dem 1107
Lib Dem 971
Lib Dem 884

Cons 580
Cons 535
Seagulls 523
Cons 340
Green 248
Green 229
Labour 177

36% turnout.

Well done Mark. I'm proud of you and it was a delight to see the look on the Lib Dem faces when they had been coming up to us earlier saying they reckoned we had probably got around 200 votes with the football fans and sport lovers.
Well, we more than doubled that!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yorkie said:
I didn't write down names but this is the breakdown for Meeching & Denton Newhaven

Lib Dem 1107
Lib Dem 971
Lib Dem 884

Cons 580
Cons 535
Seagulls 523
Cons 340
Green 248
Green 229
Labour 177

36% turnout.

Well done Mark. I'm proud of you and it was a delight to see the look on the Lib Dem faces when they had been coming up to us earlier saying they reckoned we had probably got around 200 votes with the football fans and sport lovers.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good effort Mark.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Newhaven Valley

Lib Dem 592
Lib Dem 582

Cons 200
Cons 189
Labour 97

(2 councillors returned)
Meeching & Denton ret 3 councillors)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yorkie said:

Lib Dem 1107
Lib Dem 971
Lib Dem 884

Cons 580
Cons 535
Seagulls 523
Cons 340
Green 248
Green 229
Labour 177

36% turnout.

agreed - I think they've got a few more shocks coming if my waters are correct. It would be real success if some of the 'names' were to fall!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Yorkie said:

Lib Dem 1107
Lib Dem 971
Lib Dem 884

Cons 580
Cons 535
Seagulls 523
Cons 340
Green 248
Green 229
Labour 177

36% turnout.

:clap: :clap: well done mark

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so looking at the lewes web site...add the three newhaven seats, then the liberals have 16 and tories 10

:down: :down: :down:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ccider said:
Seaford West is the only Tory gain from LibDem so far ...

Not confirmed but one of the Tories told us that there had been 2 gains for them in Seaford.

I also believe that Marina Pepper and David Neighbour have lost their seats? Again not confirmed.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
so looking at the lewes web site...add the three newhaven seats, then the liberals have 16 and tories 11

But importantly the Lib Dems are losing votes, if not seats, and the good performance of the Seagulls Party will force them, you would hope, to realise they underestimated the support for Falmer within Lewes.

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
Yorkie said:
Not confirmed but one of the Tories told us that there had been 2 gains for them in Seaford.

I also believe that Marina Pepper and David Neighbour have lost their seats? Again not confirmed.

I assume that would be the two gains in Seaford West, they were talking about

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Richie Morris said:
But importantly the Lib Dems are losing votes, if not seats, and the good performance of the Seagulls Party will force them, you would hope, to realise they underestimated the support for Falmer within Lewes.
:clap:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:

OH Please David Neighbour out!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie Morris said:

True. Last time each of the three Lib Dems in Newhaven M & D got over a thousand. Only 1 did this time.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dave the Gaffer said:
so looking at the lewes web site...add the three newhaven seats, then the liberals have 16 and tories 11

I see what you're saying - the split before was 27 lib dem, cons 11 and 3 independents (combined 14).

That was a huge net swing of 7 seats from lib dems. So far that net swing is 1 (2 lost, I gained).

If we can get that swing up to near seven with some interesting ones to come then this will get very close. It will only take a couple of lib dems to break the party line to cause problems. The irony is that the closer a position, the easier it is to break line. The leadership may have to concede on some things to make them happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here