Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL election night thread

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
adrian29uk said:
Brilliant well done.

If there are more blues than oranges at the end of the day, does this mean the Liberals get booted off the council?

If there are 21 or more blues then yes Lewes would be a tory controlled council

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes well done Ros.

Its a great shame this result didnt have any effect on the council seats as the liberals still won 2. Lets hope Mr Stockdale is not anti Stadium

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do we know when the rest of the seagull party results are returned?

Seagull Stew

Storer68 said:
Kingston
543 Votes (elected) CUTRESS Melanie Anne
Liberal Democrat
181 Votes SERRECCHIA Luisa
The Green Party
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Only Lib Dem & Greens contested that one so, no worries!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Mark Jackson got 523 votes in Newhaven, Denton and Meeching, beating two greens, Labour and one of the Conservatiives. The Lib Dems had a reduced vote - I don't know the numbers.

Well done Mark!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Unless I've got this wrong, it would seem out of 41 seats the Tories so far have 20 seats. Still many left undeclared.

If the Tories do win overall power, what does this mean for our Stadium plans?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
all over the shop the Lib dem vote is down.

So far the only turnovers have been 1 independent relapced by one lib dem and 2 lib dems replaced by two conservatives.

The interesting one will be east saltdean which could easily see two or maybe all three lib dems lose.

The message is clear - the lib dems popularity in large chunks of lewes district is diminishing. Hopefully that will convert to reduction in seats.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Come on people of Lewes district...so far our candidates have taken votes but not taken out any Liberal seats.....COME ON ED and SEAGURN

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Dave the Gaffer said:
Come on people of Lewes district...so far our candidates have taken votes but not taken out any Liberal seats.....COME ON ED and SEAGURN

but two pro stadium conservatives have taken seaford west from the lib dems. People of seaford west - hold them to it!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:
but two pro stadium conservatives have taken seaford west from the lib dems. People of seaford west - hold them to it!

that is great then

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
DIFFBROOK said:
Unless I've got this wrong, it would seem out of 41 seats the Tories so far have 20 seats. Still many left undeclared.

If the Tories do win overall power, what does this mean for our Stadium plans?

I think u have this wrong!

:(

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Fran Hagarty said:
Mark Jackson got 523 votes in Newhaven, Denton and Meeching, beating two greens, Labour and one of the Conservatiives. The Lib Dems had a reduced vote - I don't know the numbers.

Well done Mark!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

in a ward where the incinerator issue is key and the lib dems have styled themselves as the only anti incinerator party - that is a very sound performance.

that would put him 5th out of ten candidates which a similar level of result as Roz - upper half of the results page and ensuring the issue is on the agenda. I think the lib dems in that ward will be too busy trying to stop the incinerator to be bothering us!

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:
in a ward where the incinerator issue is key and the lib dems have styled themselves as the only anti incinerator party - that is a very sound performance.

it certainly is...well done Mark. Shame they still got in though.

COME ON

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here