Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL election night thread

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Giraffe said:
Based on results so far Lord B must have a chance
No he hasn't. Haven't got the numbers yet though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Right - the webiste is way behind. All the seats have apparently now been declared.

The sad news is that Lewes Priory has remained 2 lib dem and one independent

However, De vecchi who at the last election had the biggest vote of any councillor in the whole of lewes, came second with half the vote of the independent who won. Dont know exactly where our candidate came but he didn't get elected. However his campaign has clearly hurt the fragrant leader and well done to him and all his team.

Ouse valley has gone from being 0ne con, one lib dem and one independent to 2 Lib dem and one con - this has been as a result of the anti incinerator and anti wind turbine vote. Ed improved his standing to 23% of the vote

We believe the remaining Lewes castle seat has remained 2 lib dem and remaining Peacehaven seat has remained 2 conservatives.

IF this is all correct then we have a final score of:

Lib Dem 23
Conservative 17
Independent 1

which is a change from:

Lib dem 27
Cons 11
Independent 3

at the last election.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think ROSM is right. Even if Lib Dems to creak home, I think they may to do some wheeling and dealing. Once the final decision is known we must hold every single councillor that backed the stadium during the elction to their word.

This result could be very significant

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Lewes Castle stays with the scuzzers....they only need 2 to clinch it....but it's still a BIG swing.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:

However, De vecchi who at the last election had the biggest vote of any councillor in the whole of lewes, came second with half the vote of the independent who won. Dont know exactly where our candidate came but he didn't get elected.

He got 431 votes and came 7th with 18% of the vote.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Seasider said:
Alllowed oine for each councillor so I would guess 3 votes in that area

If that is the case then what I'm going to say will make me extremely unpopular round here and I hope i'm wrong but surely us running in this region was the DAFTEST thing to possibly do?

You've got to assume nobody who voted for Ed voted Lib Dem with their other votes so add his 467 votes equally to the 3 Tory candidates instead and it would be a Tory whitewash? :shootself

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Skint Gull said:
If that is the case then what I'm going to say will make me extremely unpopular round here and I hope i'm wrong but surely us running in this region was the DAFTEST thing to possibly do?

You've got to assume nobody who voted for Ed voted Lib Dem with their other votes so add his 467 votes equally to the 3 Tory candidates instead and it would be a Tory whitewash? :shootself

The thing is though, some of them may not have bothered to go to the polling station at all without a seagulls candidate to vote for.... we just don't know...

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Skint Gull said:

I don't think its quite a simple as that. I'm sure that many people who voted for the seagulls party would never have voted Tory and many wouldn't have voted at all. I suppose one option might have been to have campaigned but then pulled out at the last minute and told all their supporters to vote Tory to evict Lib Dems.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Skint Gull said:
Can I just ask how many votes people were allowed in the Ouse Valley and Ringmer region? I assume it was 4 or more?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Seasider said:
Alllowed oine for each councillor so I would guess 3 votes in that area

That's right. There were three returned councillors from that ward.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done to the 4 candidates you did us proud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here