Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Utter shit all round,it wont work,because sound dont travel as far in the ground quickly,it will be a song(that is shit anyway) that if tried wll stay in the North Stand, as by time it gets to west stand it will sound muffled,and its shit anyway,give it up, and you know what you can do with your drum.

Sorry, you are saying it works at Greek grounds but wont at the Amex because the sound in Greek stadiums travels faster than it does in our stadium? I see. And you know this how exactly? Have you studied the acoustics in both sets of stadiums? Or ar you just being a negative twat?

Would you prefer us to carry on singing All-bii-ooon on a loop instead? Is that the issue, you don't like change? What people seem to forget is that at one point, ALL the songs were new. But the internet wasn't around then for people to slate them and say they were shit. If a song isn't meant to work then it wont work, but what is the problem with people trying to do something different? IF, and it is a big IF, this song did catch on and all three stands at the Amex were belting it out like they are in the Panathanaikos video, are you honestly telling me that you think that would be shit? Because it wouldn't, it would be amazing. If we were in the Premier League and doing that Sky would be all over it.

Song Sheet says it all,FAIL

Take some of the greatest atmospheres generated in world football- Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniors, Panathanaikos, River Plate etc. How do you think they create that atmosphere? Is it spontaneous, and people just make it up as they go along? Because I can tell you, it isn't. They organise it, they do use song sheets and they practice it every game until it is perfect. And then they sing it forever more, so you would be forgiven for thinking that it was spontaneous and that it just happened naturally. But it wasn't. And I don't think anyone can deny that we need to sing a bigger repertoire of songs than we do at the moment. Whether that is creating new ones or bringing back old ones, it doesn't matter. But we are in a NEW stadium, so NOW is the time to be creating new stuff and changing things to make the atmosphere better, and keeping it like that for the next 100 years. Then when we move to our new 100,000 capacity floating hover-stadium in the sea, people can say stuff like "I miss the spontaneity of the Amex, why do we need to change anything, it was never an issue there, the atmosphere was always rocking and we never needed song sheets or organisation or 'ultras' there".

As for a drum, IF we could have it JUST for this song to make sure everyone sings in time, then it would be worth a trial. But the second someone starts whacking it when we are singing any other song, I will personally seek him out, snap his drumsticks in half and karate chop him in the face.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
And what is all that crap about clap now don't sing? you cant tell people what to do and when to sing, For god sake. That sort of thing just happens organically. And the lyrics, you'd expect better from a five year old. This has zero chance. Its terrible. laugh out loud bad. Please I implore you don't waste your money on flyers on that rubbish. Please can our Ultras just get their act together and come up with something simple and original amongst themselves. If 30 of them sing something good a few times everyone will follow.

I really can't understand why you are so vitriolic with your comments, this song has grown from an idea and a lot of fans have put a great deal of effort in trying to come up with something better than the Palace song. Why are you spending your time posting unhelpful & childish comments, either give it a go and see what happens or just shut up and forget about it. Your previous disparaging remarks have let everyone who would have read them realise that your not keen on the idea of the Magiko song- fair enough as we are all entitled to our own opinions. I think it's a great idea and hope it comes off, but even if it does'nt then it was still worth a bloody try, better than sitting there moaning about crap songs that genuine fans are trying to create in order to add to the excitement and atmosphere at the Amex, than doing absolutely nothing yourself.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
It IS simple! What on earth is so difficult about it? And as for the lyrics, I've said it before and I'll say it again; the lyrics don't matter. If everyone sings and sings loud then it doesn't matter what the words are, it will sound good. "Going down Old Shoreham road, to see the Brighton aces"... "Aces"??? Are we in America? When do you ever use the word 'aces'?

But does it matter? No, it sounds brilliant. Most football songs have pretty poor lyrics at best but so what? It's football, we're not trying to release a record.

Totally agree with this.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Sorry, you are saying it works at Greek grounds but wont at the Amex because the sound in Greek stadiums travels faster than it does in our stadium? I see. And you know this how exactly? Have you studied the acoustics in both sets of stadiums? Or ar you just being a negative twat?

Would you prefer us to carry on singing All-bii-ooon on a loop instead? Is that the issue, you don't like change? What people seem to forget is that at one point, ALL the songs were new. But the internet wasn't around then for people to slate them and say they were shit. If a song isn't meant to work then it wont work, but what is the problem with people trying to do something different? IF, and it is a big IF, this song did catch on and all three stands at the Amex were belting it out like they are in the Panathanaikos video, are you honestly telling me that you think that would be shit? Because it wouldn't, it would be amazing. If we were in the Premier League and doing that Sky would be all over it.

Take some of the greatest atmospheres generated in world football- Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniors, Panathanaikos, River Plate etc. How do you think they create that atmosphere? Is it spontaneous, and people just make it up as they go along? Because I can tell you, it isn't. They organise it, they do use song sheets and they practice it every game until it is perfect. And then they sing it forever more, so you would be forgiven for thinking that it was spontaneous and that it just happened naturally. But it wasn't. And I don't think anyone can deny that we need to sing a bigger repertoire of songs than we do at the moment. Whether that is creating new ones or bringing back old ones, it doesn't matter. But we are in a NEW stadium, so NOW is the time to be creating new stuff and changing things to make the atmosphere better, and keeping it like that for the next 100 years. Then when we move to our new 100,000 capacity floating hover-stadium in the sea, people can say stuff like "I miss the spontaneity of the Amex, why do we need to change anything, it was never an issue there, the atmosphere was always rocking and we never needed song sheets or organisation or 'ultras' there".

As for a drum, IF we could have it JUST for this song to make sure everyone sings in time, then it would be worth a trial. But the second someone starts whacking it when we are singing any other song, I will personally seek him out, snap his drumsticks in half and karate chop him in the face.

Great Post

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Ahhh most definitely this!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wow, three in a row, do I win something?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Someone, a Brighton fan, has put his time and effort into trying to come up with an idea to improve the atmosphere at our new ground. Good on him. As for the flamers, would you rather sit in silence? The 'early 90s' have gone, long gone. Football is completely different now. Fucks sake, some of the comments on this thread are pathetic. I REALLY hope it takes off now, if not for anything else than to shut the moaners up (no drum though)

This, what a load of misery gits we have, well done to all involve for your time and effort you put in trying to get a better atmosphere at the Amex,i hope it takes off.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Take some of the greatest atmospheres generated in world football- Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniors, Panathanaikos, River Plate etc. How do you think they create that atmosphere? Is it spontaneous, and people just make it up as they go along? Because I can tell you, it isn't. They organise it, they do use song sheets and they practice it every game until it is perfect.

And why do people from all over the world admire British football fans? For the humour, enthusiasm and spontanity. Because we're not like fans from other countries. Because the atmosphere doesn't need to be orchestrated.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think it needs to start small, just get it right first. Say the north just sing ALL the verses. They can chant it at eachother like "left side right side" then as its done well, with peeps having the print of the words it will start to catch on. To try this, with each stand from the off will mean it fails.
Please please please just a few doing it properly first, then it will grow.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had the Internet been around when we started singing 'Brighton aces' I have no doubt that you would have moaned about that as well.

Tell you what Brighton Aces has some really dodgy lyrics if you analyse it, it would never have passed the NSC Moaners Test

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I've seen about 5 people on this thread saying this can't happen because it's way too complicated and they wouldn't be able to learn the words. Sorry, but are you retarded or something? Do you think the average Greek fan is of far superior intelligence to you? Would you really struggle to learn about twenty words in a whole season? Are you able to dress yourselves?

I hate Brighton fans sometimes, why do we have so many retards?

Good work on the song, let's try and get it going. If it works it will be fantastic, if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be.

It makes me laugh that someone has taken note of the fact that the ultras song divides opinion so has tried to come up with something better, and still people moan. Had the Internet been around when we started singing 'Brighton aces' I have no doubt that you would have moaned about that as well.

Agree with you totally. I don't know why we have so many retards.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This, what a load of misery gits we have, well done to all involve for your time and effort you put in trying to get a better atmosphere at the Amex,i hope it takes off.

This... and all the other positive posts above shooting down the bloody naysayers who inhabit these boards and want only for us to continue with dirge like "Albion, Albion, Albion, Albion." Bring on the drum and let's do it!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
And why do people from all over the world admire British football fans? For the humour, enthusiasm and spontanity. Because we're not like fans from other countries. Because the atmosphere doesn't need to be orchestrated.
It's not, it will be spontaneous once everyone knows the words. It will then just be another song in the armoury to use. I think we are trying it too big though and should just see and hear it done properly first by one section of the crowd.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
"Going down Old Shoreham road, to see the Brighton aces"... "Aces"??? Are we in America? When do you ever use the word 'aces'?

As Dr. Notthenine'oclocknews says it was actually Alan Mullery's aces & what was so wrong with that. Perhaps I'm just nostalgic but sounded pretty good in the north stand at the Goldstone, updated for most of the managers who followed, Chris Catlin etc. Doesn't work quite so well with Lewes or Falmer Road but so what.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I didn't think they did, I thought they hated us for beating the shit out of them.

But I do take the point you are making, but times have changed. Terracing has gone, and a lot of the atmosphere in British grounds has gone with it. I don't see the issue with orchestrating something, I'm not suggesting we have conductors or anything! It would only needs to be orchestrated at the beginning to get it right and then it will become natural. And if in 10 years time this song is sung by everyone, sung properly, and sung well, then nobody will remember the fact that it had to be orchestrated and organised to make it work at the beginning.

But still, the one thing I cannot get my head around, is nobody is telling anybody they have to sing this song. If you don't like it, don't sing it. And better still, come up with something else. What's the problem?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You come up with a better song then??? Or shall we just sing seagulls occasionally?

I totally agree Sam, problem is they won't...... they will passively tear into what they don't like, without taking any action to offer what they do.

Many of the people on the "ban the palace song" thread gave their reason as: our efforts were pants compared to how well they sang it and kept pace.

For a start nobody is trying to copy those scumbags, but as someone with a close STH friend in the Holmesdale, the flak the NSK get today is exactly the same as their "fanatics" got a couple of years ago.....moaning, its shit, it won't work......I know this because my mate was one of the objectors when a small group started doing stuff foreign to him. Now all their fans sing the we love you song....... they keep tempo, because at Selhurst they have a drum.

I am in the no drum camp personally, but its ironic that a lot of people who said palace did I love you so well whilst moaning about the NSK, don't get the parallels at all.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The Amex has a superb atmosphere, noise travels and almost all away fans have commented that the noise is very good. However they nearly all say we need more songs. This is the reason for trying something new. It's clever, no other club has it and it will become addictive. It's just one of those songs that builds up and gets louder.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I didn't think they did, I thought they hated us for beating the shit out of them.

But I do take the point you are making, but times have changed. Terracing has gone, and a lot of the atmosphere in British grounds has gone with it. I don't see the issue with orchestrating something, I'm not suggesting we have conductors or anything! It would only needs to be orchestrated at the beginning to get it right and then it will become natural. And if in 10 years time this song is sung by everyone, sung properly, and sung well, then nobody will remember the fact that it had to be orchestrated and organised to make it work at the beginning.

But still, the one thing I cannot get my head around, is nobody is telling anybody they have to sing this song. If you don't like it, don't sing it. And better still, come up with something else. What's the problem?

Again, top posting

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

One more needed for the treble!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here