Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4435233 said:
It won't catch on, betcha. Tune too complicated and words too drawn out.

You may well be right DS. nothings happened so far. It has just gone from being a widely popular choice on NSC into some type of framework. All Ideas come to nothing without action..... and it still may well all come to nothing........ But everything so far was just to facilitate what seemed popular choice from others, and to get behind the team, its down to every individual fan how far it does or doesn't go.

Nobodies forcing anyone to do anything, if enough don't like it, it will fall by the wayside, if enough do it may well be fantastic..... and there will always be divided opinion, whichever way.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Jesus wept ive seen it all now. What a load of shit. I wil be astounded if that complicated garbage ever gets going. The lyrics are atrocious. The internet has destoyed the ability to just come up with a bloody song and try it out on a saturday. Oh Krispies please save us with some of your good old early 90S original stylee chants.

Why not just take a bloody good song like Andy Williams good to be true or Everly brothers loving feeling and sing that?

What on earth do our "ultras" actually do?

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
We couldnt get the 'we love you' chant going properly how will we do this as its completely brand new, also if we have a drum for it then the drum will be used for all songs and IMO i dont like them

stoke=quality atmosphere..no drum, you dont need a drum you need people willing to sing in time and as loud as possible

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Not particularly for the song but I'm for any NEW songs that are created. However if the we love you song couldn t even get going I doubt this one will.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Jesus wept ive seen it all now. What a load of shit. I will be astounded if that complicated garbage ever gets going. The lyrics are atrocious. The internet has destoyed the ability to just come up with a bloody song and try it out on a saturday. Oh Krispies please save us with some of your good old early 90S original stylee chants.

Please do, the more the merrier...... Good Old Krispies, I remember him well..... especially one time away at Brentford. The thread where various people chipped in with Lyrics/lines got changed and a majority unanimously wanted it to go ahead, was up for a fair while AD, did you miss it?

Maybe it wont get going, but it came about by popular choice, and a lot of it for the kind of reasons you stated in relation to the "We love you" Palace song............ "can we stop this palace ultras song" Thread........... There were many people with objections to the "palace song" and some offered a few different ideas and one such met with popular approval, albeit not everybody.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Just get people singing a song. ANY SONG. Something fun and catchy with clapping and jumping around. This is too contrived and too complicated.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Please do, the more the merrier...... Good Old Krispies, I remember him well..... especially one time away at Brentford. The thread where various people chipped in with Lyrics/lines got changed and a majority unanimously wanted it to go ahead, was up for a fair while AD, did you miss it?

Maybe it wont get going, but it came about by popular choice, and a lot of it for the kind of reasons you stated in relation to the "We love you" Palace song............ "can we stop this palace ultras song" Thread........... There were many people with objections to the "palace song" and some offered a few different ideas and one such met with popular approval, albeit not everybody.

Popular choice? A 3 page thread on NSC? OK.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oh dear, absolutely no mention of when to clap and when not to clap, song has FAILED before it's even begun, just like with the we love you song, our attempts to alter the words has killed it.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I would love to see it catch on as I do think it would sound amazing, BUT...
1) No drum. Please no drum, it sounds shit at every away ground that has one, let's be better than that.
2) It seems very complicated, I'm not sure if people will bother to learn the words.
3) A couple of the lyrics really do scan appaullingly. "We will wear our albion shirts with pride and dignity"...it's terrible. And "the greatest fans the world has ever seen"...shouldn't it be the greatest team rather than fans? I thought the idea was to create a banging atmosphere and get behind the team, not give ourselves a congratulatory pat on the back for starting a song.

As I say I do think the tune is catchy, and will do my best in WSU to play along if it gets going, but I think it's lyrically and logistically some way short of a finished article yet tbh.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And what is all that crap about clap now don't sing? you cant tell people what to do and when to sing, For god sake. That sort of thing just happens organically. And the lyrics, you'd expect better from a five year old. This has zero chance. Its terrible. laugh out loud bad. Please I implore you don't waste your money on flyers on that rubbish. Please can our Ultras just get their act together and come up with something simple and original amongst themselves. If 30 of them sing something good a few times everyone will follow.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Give it a crack , if it works fan dabby dozey , if it's shit then back to the drawing board

but to be honest a good chant just happens , anything that helps gets the volume up is good in my book

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Give it a crack , if it works fan dabby dozey , if it's shit then back to the drawing board

but to be honest a good chant just happens , anything that helps gets the volume up is good in my book

Not that straight forward is it, you can start singing SHIT like the North stand/Palace song, that about 200 people like and the rest of the ground doesn't - as a result, one group of fan sings, the rest of the ground is silent.

It'll be the same with this.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What does Magicko mean - is it just magic? Is there anyway in which to replace that word with something more Albion related?

If I'm being 100% honest, I don't think it'll catch on. Like others have said, if we can't get the 'We are the North Stand' chant' going and NSK can't be bothered to change the lyrics to make it accessible to the whole stadium, despite numerous times of asking, then this one probably doesn't have much of a hope. I think creating a website dedicated to starting one song is an indicator that it's too difficult to start. BUT I'll sing pretty much anything and will definitely give it a go at Brum away (my next game) and appreciate the efforts of those who are trying their best to add to an already amazing atmosphere at the Amex.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We couldnt get the 'we love you' chant going properly how will we do this as its completely brand new, also if we have a drum for it then the drum will be used for all songs and IMO i dont like them

stoke=quality atmosphere..no drum, you dont need a drum you need people willing to sing in time and as loud as possible

As before Ryan, and I am not a spokesperson for the Magiko song, the lyrics were put forward by Pantani and changed by others. The drum was a question only - nobody is saying its going to happen, or is even neccessary for any song, it was to guage opinion only. I don't like drums personally, they were shit at Bristol City and Leicester, but others may have thought differently so it is good to guage their views.

The point you raised about the we love you song, whilst made in good faith, displays the difficulties and the circular problem....... some people try and start a song based on 'we love you' in good faith i'm sure.......some sing it, others offer strong opinions why it must be stopped and how they would never get involved.

A thread runs for days....... some people on this ban the "we love you" thread try and offer alternative solutions, rather than just object, and one such of the many excellent alternative suggestions meets a fair size of popular approval on another 6 page thread - running days with literally 2 people saying something different and many different NSC albion fans changing parts of what is now the complete song. It truly was a co-operative effort and virtually everyone on that thread said "we have to try and make this happen"

But it probably never would if nobody did anything more

So next some more people (me included) with no affiliation to the NSK , said let's try and help take peoples stated desire from being merely words - who wanted either a solution to the "palace song" or just a new song and backed this thing.

And thats where we sit now, Its nothing more today, than an attempt to try and facilitate other peoples wishes and organise what was a popular choice of fans for their own various reasons.

Its stated clearly, I think?, that its been done to meet the requests of those fans and to give it a chance..... and that 'chance' is still up to the individual fan whether it will rise or fall, understanding the many differences of opinion.

Next up tonight, the Magiko song that met with virtually no condemnation ovr 6 pages, adapted by many to appease those with either strong opinions of the palace song or by those who wanted something new, is getting shot at by some others who said nothing before - RRH excepted (who always said he didnt like it).

It feels like going around in circles.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I would praise those who at least tried to do something.... including the NSK and offer an alternative or something new.

it would be helpful if more people tried to find solutions for what they actually did want.

If it fails cest La Vie, that's down to every individual..... but :clap: for all those who did more than simply just slag off "the Palace song" or those who are trying to get something going in support of the team.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Good work guys!!!!!!
Need people to watch the panathinakos vid and then you can put it to words. I don't think you need a drum, just start chanting it. I dont think you can go as fast as peeps can chant so no worry there. It will work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here