Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Have to say it's fantastic! I'll be ready with my songsheet in WSL against Hull.
Peter W, I still think you need to start this in the north by itself, with one group acting as the north and then the rest of the north joining in, then as it grows the north will start it and then the east and west will join!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shove. Any. Idea. Of. A. Drum. At. The. Amex. Up. Your. Kollective. Backside.

No Drum(s)-Ever!
They sound shit and there's usually some tuneless fat twat pounding the f***ing things killing any spontaneous atmosphere.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And what is all that crap about clap now don't sing? you cant tell people what to do and when to sing, For god sake. That sort of thing just happens organically. And the lyrics, you'd expect better from a five year old. This has zero chance. Its terrible. laugh out loud bad. Please I implore you don't waste your money on flyers on that rubbish. Please can our Ultras just get their act together and come up with something simple and original amongst themselves. If 30 of them sing something good a few times everyone will follow.

That's all that's needed-the key part though is "something good".

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Good song here lads, sound very good in English! It's important to stay in time with eachother on a song like this. You have a tendancy to sing at different speeds, however a drum would help keep the beat

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've seen about 5 people on this thread saying this can't happen because it's way too complicated and they wouldn't be able to learn the words. Sorry, but are you retarded or something? Do you think the average Greek fan is of far superior intelligence to you? Would you really struggle to learn about twenty words in a whole season? Are you able to dress yourselves?

I hate Brighton fans sometimes, why do we have so many retards?

Good work on the song, let's try and get it going. If it works it will be fantastic, if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be.

It makes me laugh that someone has taken note of the fact that the ultras song divides opinion so has tried to come up with something better, and still people moan. Had the Internet been around when we started singing 'Brighton aces' I have no doubt that you would have moaned about that as well.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Utter shit all round,it wont work,because sound dont travel as far in the ground quickly,it will be a song(that is shit anyway) that if tried wll stay in the North Stand, as by time it gets to west stand it will sound muffled,and its shit anyway,give it up, and you know what you can do with your drum.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Someone, a Brighton fan, has put his time and effort into trying to come up with an idea to improve the atmosphere at our new ground. Good on him. As for the flamers, would you rather sit in silence? The 'early 90s' have gone, long gone. Football is completely different now. Fucks sake, some of the comments on this thread are pathetic. I REALLY hope it takes off now, if not for anything else than to shut the moaners up (no drum though)

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
I've seen about 5 people on this thread saying this can't happen because it's way too complicated and they wouldn't be able to learn the words. Sorry, but are you retarded or something? Do you think the average Greek fan is of far superior intelligence to you? Would you really struggle to learn about twenty words in a whole season? Are you able to dress yourselves?

Good work on the song, let's try and get it going. If it works it will be fantastic, if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be.

It makes me laugh that someone has taken note of the fact that the ultras song divides opinion so has tried to come up with something better, and still people moan. Had the Internet been around when we started singing 'Brighton aces' I have no doubt that you would have moaned about that as well.

No, we aren't retarded, just accepting that if we can't ever sing our team anthem properly then you aren't going to get everyone singing this crap with foreign lyrics that make no sense anyone. Keep going like this and The Amex will become like withdean - one small group chanting drivel and everyone else sat in silence.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I have no particular problem with the tune, but the lyrics are infantile at best. Just pick a SIMPLE song and sing it. I thought that was the point of the Ultras? Why does everything have to become some sort of lyric binfest on here?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, we aren't retarded, just accepting that if we can't ever sing our team anthem properly then you aren't going to get everyone singing this crap with foreign lyrics that make no sense anyone. Keep going like this and The Amex will become like withdean - one small group chanting drivel and everyone else sat in silence.

You come up with a better song then??? Or shall we just sing seagulls occasionally?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I have no particular problem with the tune, but the lyrics are infantile at best. Just pick a SIMPLE song and sing it. I thought that was the point of the Ultras? Why does everything have to become some sort of lyric binfest on here?

Agreed with this. When people suggest a good, simple song periodically on here it just turns into people wasting their time coming up with complex songs which will never get sung.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
:facepalm: you do realise were in England and were our own people and we don't need to be muggy and copy other countries, the North Stand Ultras is muggy enough thanks.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

It IS simple! What on earth is so difficult about it? And as for the lyrics, I've said it before and I'll say it again; the lyrics don't matter. If everyone sings and sings loud then it doesn't matter what the words are, it will sound good. "Going down Old Shoreham road, to see the Brighton aces"... "Aces"??? Are we in America? When do you ever use the word 'aces'?

But does it matter? No, it sounds brilliant. Most football songs have pretty poor lyrics at best but so what? It's football, we're not trying to release a record.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
This is excellent! Exactly the kind of thing I was into 15 years ago in the North stand- fog horns, whistles, continental flag waving. I draw the the line however at a drum and that version of the Watership down song, Bright eyes!
You just need to keep trying and it will catch on eventually. I for one will be chanting along in row X of the WSU.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
:facepalm: you do realise were in England and were our own people and we don't need to be muggy and copy other countries, the North Stand Ultras is muggy enough thanks.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your 'street speak'. If you really are in England then perhaps you should learn the language.

interesting how some are 'demanding' that others don't sing a perticular song/jump up and down/bang a drum, whatever, that's the internet I suppose, I do constantly live in the past I admit, but I cant help picturing Cedric Soft in the North Stand c1977 turning round to the singers and requesting "please dont sing that 'you're gonna get your fuckin head kicked in' song, it's cringeworthy" within a nano second his nose would have been smeared all over his face............................salad days!

Last edited:

when I started singing it, it was Alan Mullery's aces, just sayin like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here