Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Obese, Drunks and Junkies

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
one of my good mates in England, recently,after battling to pay off a credit card bill ,decided to go bankrupt.......two failed marriages and being rinsed out by two different bitches and sets of kids hasn't helped , but he has always paid his way as best he could , the cc issue came about after he hurt himself at work and ended up in hospital for six weeks and off work for nearly 6 months , unable to keep up the cc payments it all snowballed into almost 20 G worth of debt. the bankruptcy was granted and he slowly got back on his feet and back to work............then last week the bailiffs turned up unannounced and took his 1998 vauxhall van away with all his tools in it , he asked them what would be done with it and they said it would probably end up getting scrapped,he is now totally f***ed and because he has no car he doesn't get his job seeker allowance either. he has worked hard all his life and paid his fair share of taxes , i spoke to him on monday and he is completely depressed ............that scenario just seems totally LUDICROUS to me.

i think your mate is telling you porkies,the story doesnt ring true,if your mate was granted bankruptcy then he has protection under the law against people like bailiffs,the only person that could take his tools and van would be the official reciever or trustee appointed to sort out the affairs which they are highly unlikely to do.......it sounds like he has been working against the terms of his bankrupty and building up more debt......if that isnt the case tell him to demand the official receiver explain to him why permission was granted for his van and tools to be seized.....and i mean demand,it is fair to demand that dont be scared of the OR

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my mate is not telling me porkies , it's actually my brother and i have heard the same story from my mum...........of course he's been working , how is anyone supposed to live on 70 quid a week ffs........just goes to show you dunnit a 58 year old bloke who's worked his whole life , never had one f***ing penny off the dss .......all the pissing about ,he couldn't sign on cos he couldn't present himself at the benefit office for six weeks while he was in traction, being spoken to like a little boy by some queer scottish kant................ as i mentioned he is now thoroughly depressed but i will pass your advice on to him and see if he can drag himself off his arse and get the mess sorted out. a year ago he was in a nice rented flat in ferring , he was renting it long term off a mate for 140 quid a week..........his mate asked him to pay 185 which is what he could get off the ds , my brother couldn't afford the extra so moved out , so fuckin ironic isn't it, in effect being put out of your lodgings by the ds. but then again i suppose thats what makes britain great isn't it.....if he hadn't been forced to give two houses away to his two ex-wives perhaps he might not be looking at spending his nights under the f***ing pier or somewhere nice like that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
my mate is not telling me porkies , it's actually my brother and i have heard the same story from my mum...........of course he's been working , how is anyone supposed to live on 70 quid a week ffs........just goes to show you dunnit a 58 year old bloke who's worked his whole life , never had one f***ing penny off the dss .......all the pissing about ,he couldn't sign on cos he couldn't present himself at the benefit office for six weeks while he was in traction, being spoken to like a little boy by some queer scottish kant................ as i mentioned he is now thoroughly depressed but i will pass your advice on to him and see if he can drag himself off his arse and get the mess sorted out. a year ago he was in a nice rented flat in ferring , he was renting it long term off a mate for 140 quid a week..........his mate asked him to pay 185 which is what he could get off the ds , my brother couldn't afford the extra so moved out , so fuckin ironic isn't it, in effect being put out of your lodgings by the ds. but then again i suppose thats what makes britain great isn't it.....if he hadn't been forced to give two houses away to his two ex-wives perhaps he might not be looking at spending his nights under the f***ing pier or somewhere nice like that.

really??

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If he sorted himself out how come the balifs came in? I think this is the question being asked.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was that on here?

you seem to be distancing yourself from your original argument which seems to be that we should only look after people from those nations who have helped us in some way in the past.

You talked about not helping Aborigines but helping Maoris because Maoris helped us in one of the world wars.

If i have your point wrong could you make it again rather than bringing in other arguments, because i don't get it.

As a strategy changing the argument is a bit weak. What is next threatrs of violence?
you claim to have "missed" the part where certain parties require britain to apologise for "crimes" committed before people today were even born, i gave you one of countless examples,do you want to try and twist and turn a little bit more ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
you claim to have "missed" the part where certain parties require britain to apologise for "crimes" committed before people today were even born, i gave you one of countless examples,do you want to try and twist and turn a little bit more ?

No i want to know what your point was.

I was refering to the fact that you seem to move between argument without any coherent thought (see your last post, revering back to a discussion on her months ago).

what was your point regarding the foreigners who deserve our help and those that don't? Something about nations that have helped us in the past?

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
YES, "really" you cvnt, that IS what happens and HAVENT just arrived unable to speak english, telling some bullshit story about persecution ,despite the fact that once you're granted asylum you are able to travel home four times a f***ing year.

The "really??" was about the abusive way he described his brothers nurse and whether it was really necessary. But judging by your response you wouldn't spot that

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No i want to know what your point was.

I was refering to the fact that you seem to move between argument without any coherent thought (see your last post, revering back to a discussion on her months ago).

what was your point regarding the foreigners who deserve our help and those that don't? Something about nations that have helped us in the past?
Well here's a tip, when you reply , and quote a post, quote the post you are actually referring to, and if you want to know what are my thoughts regarding foreigners who have helped us etc, here's another tip, read through the thread and look at my posts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well here's a tip, when you reply , and quote a post, quote the post you are actually referring to, and if you want to know what are my thoughts regarding foreigners who have helped us etc, here's another tip, read through the thread and look at my posts.

What i have got from your posts is that you only think we should help people from countries that have helped us in the past. But you told me that wasn't your point. So i am confused.

the only answer i have is that you did mean that but are now backing away from that argument (something which surprises me).

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
There is probably about 5 times the number of people drawing a benefit than there are jobs available.

The last thing a struggling economy needs is for the few precious jobs that are available, to be given to the obese, drunks and junkies.

when did russians die assisting britain ?

I'm not up to speed with all of this thread exactly, but I would have to also query the above.
Russia under Stalin had separate issues with the Germans and zero interest in helping Britain, however mercenary he was as an individual.
Sending swarms of common Russians to the front to die, almost in a repugnant "we have many more where they came from" attitude to deplete German ammunition and slow them from reaching major cities - the last thing he would have cared about was us! He didn't even care about his own people - and was said to have executed his best advisers through some paranoia that they'd eventually turn against him or something!
After Hitler was defeated, he'd have probably been happy to dominate a severely weakened Europe himself if it hadn't been for the American's involvement.
More accurate to say that Hitler had helped us by going against Russia!

To imagine a Stalin sympathetic to us and our war efforts and our protectorates is a stretch.
Russian involvement in the World post-war was in the Cold War - hardly a friendly alignment with the West, there.
Even up until recently, US and USSR relationships had been decidedly chilly, with each side supplying opponent nations (like Afghanistan) with weapons to fight the other! That's not a very 'sublime' form of aggression really.

I don't know what this has to do with the thread subject though, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What i have got from your posts is that you only think we should help people from countries that have helped us in the past. But you told me that wasn't your point. So i am confused.

the only answer i have is that you did mean that but are now backing away from that argument (something which surprises me).
I'm not backing away from anything, READ what i've posted, and if you're still confused then you're thick as well.

There is probably about 5 times the number of people drawing a benefit than there are jobs available.

The last thing a struggling economy needs is for the few precious jobs that are available, to be given to the obese, drunks and junkies.

Can't agree.

An increase in the workforce would not deplete for the already employed if the Government subsidized the willing to get them to work.
New companies would arise, existing ones could expand, and the effort would eventually make the Kingdom a more efficient 'machine'.
What encourages losers and junkies to remain that way (or increase in numbers), is allowing them to sap off benefits forever.

The choice is to give the saps money for doing nothing, remaining as a bogdown force working against the economy, or get them to work to survive and give them something to be more proud of and build their self-esteem.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not backing away from anything, READ what i've posted, and if you're still confused then you're thick as well.

I don't get it.....Maybe i am thick.....help me out though. Please tell me your point.

its okay you can help me i have the right credentials. Three English grand parents (one scouse) and one welsh (maybe that could be a problem)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[...] he was renting it long term off a mate for 140 quid a week..........his mate asked him to pay 185 which is what he could get off the ds , my brother couldn't afford the extra so moved out , so fuckin ironic isn't it, in effect being put out of your lodgings by the ds. but then again i suppose thats what makes britain great isn't it.....if he hadn't been forced to give two houses away to his two ex-wives perhaps he might not be looking at spending his nights under the f***ing pier or somewhere nice like that.

hmmm, great "mate". he throw your brother out when he couldnt scam the DSS for more money. as for the two ex's, why did he start a second family? the CC bill mentioned before must have been running into 5 figures before trouble hit, which isnt really "paying your way". your tale of woe does indeed show whats wrong in this country: lack of personal responsibility. its all someone elses fault.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
your tale of woe does indeed show whats wrong in this country: lack of personal responsibility. its all someone elses fault.

Very true, there is a no responsibility culture in this country. You could argue that single parent families are a problem, so many problems stem from broken homes although in many cases the parental figure are often a bad influence. Getting back to the original point of this thread though as I say whichever party is in power they will always come up with these vote winning schemes that are in fact unworkable for the reasons I have already stated. I just don't know where this myth about 'jobs being out there' stem from as you ask any Job Centre employee and they will tell you it's just not true. On the other hand yes why should people who have the wherewithal to support themselves subsidise those who can't or simply won't make any effort ? Undoubtedly these issues do need to be addressed but in order to make the changes that most people feel need to be made the measures would need to be far more draconian than most people would like.

To cure these problems, round up all addicts and derelicts and keep them locked away ? Make abortion compulsory ? Force the unemployed to perform community service ? These are the sort of things that could be done but can you imagine the outcry ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Very true, there is a no responsibility culture in this country. You could argue that single parent families are a problem, so many problems stem from broken homes although in many cases the parental figure are often a bad influence. Getting back to the original point of this thread though as I say whichever party is in power they will always come up with these vote winning schemes that are in fact unworkable for the reasons I have already stated. I just don't know where this myth about 'jobs being out there' stem from as you ask any Job Centre employee and they will tell you it's just not true. On the other hand yes why should people who have the wherewithal to support themselves subsidise those who can't or simply won't make any effort ? Undoubtedly these issues do need to be addressed but in order to make the changes that most people feel need to be made the measures would need to be far more draconian than most people would like.

To cure these problems, round up all addicts and derelicts and keep them locked away ? Make abortion compulsory ? Force the unemployed to perform community service ? These are the sort of things that could be done but can you imagine the outcry ?
Jobs are out there , the trouble is they're SHIT jobs.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not up to speed with all of this thread exactly, but I would have to also query the above.
Russia under Stalin had separate issues with the Germans and zero interest in helping Britain, however mercenary he was as an individual.
Sending swarms of common Russians to the front to die, almost in a repugnant "we have many more where they came from" attitude to deplete German ammunition and slow them from reaching major cities - the last thing he would have cared about was us! He didn't even care about his own people - and was said to have executed his best advisers through some paranoia that they'd eventually turn against him or something!
After Hitler was defeated, he'd have probably been happy to dominate a severely weakened Europe himself if it hadn't been for the American's involvement.
More accurate to say that Hitler had helped us by going against Russia!

To imagine a Stalin sympathetic to us and our war efforts and our protectorates is a stretch.
Russian involvement in the World post-war was in the Cold War - hardly a friendly alignment with the West, there.
Even up until recently, US and USSR relationships had been decidedly chilly, with each side supplying opponent nations (like Afghanistan) with weapons to fight the other! That's not a very 'sublime' form of aggression really.

I don't know what this has to do with the thread subject though, so I'll leave it at that.

In so far as the Russians kept the Germans at bay from concentrating on Great Britain in the years 1941-43 (when we stated a second front with the other allies in North Africa) yes Russians did die in their droves for us. Had Russia been defeated being in mind that the Germans got with eleven miles of Moscow (and then Hitler made one of his many great mistakes by not issuing winter apparel to his troops because he was convinced that he would have won before the winter set in) then the Germans would have been in a great position to focus in the UK and thus would probably have won the war.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here