Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Obese, Drunks and Junkies

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's debatable (as we can see). Following their efforts to starve Berlin after the end of the Second World War plus all of the other carryings on through the Cold War I'm inclined to agree. The plain fact is that they sued for peace with the Germans and left the rest of Europe to get on with it. If we owe anybody it would be the countries of the Commonwealth plus the Americans, without their lend lease we would have lost the Submarine War for a start. Granted both Russia and the USA only got their military involved after they themselves were attacked by Axis forces but unlike the Russians the Americans had been providing us with logistical support since before the fall of France along with unofficial Convoy Support which was badly needed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sorry, but it's not splitting hairs at all, we owe the russians nothing.

i think that history has proven over the years that communism is a failure......conditions in russia were just as bad if not worse , however , under the tsar just before the outbreak of ww1......let's drop the the vodka swillers and get back to the proper subject matter of fat ,alcoholic,junkies who won't go to work.......far more interesting imho:thumbsup:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I'm not disputing historical facts, so please dont twist things to infer that I am,I am questioning whether morally, we owe the russians anything from ww2, the indisputable facts are that they left us to stand alone while they made a peace pact with the germans, we owe them nothing.

Interesting. Do you think we owe the Americans anything for WW2

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Interesting. Do you think we owe the Americans anything for WW2

Not particularly, they striped us up something rotten with lend lease, and the germans(foolishly) declared war on the USA, not the other way round, the americans would've devoted themselves entirely to the pacific theatre and stayed out of europe entirely but for that, this is in no way meant to denigrate the sacrifices of the individuals who fought , just those in authority.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I'm not disputing historical facts, so please dont twist things to infer that I am,I am questioning whether morally, we owe the russians anything from ww2, the indisputable facts are that they left us to stand alone while they made a peace pact with the germans, we owe them nothing.

oh yeh... Neville Chamberlain .... peace in our time and all that... you don't know much about history do you?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry, but it's not splitting hairs at all, we owe the russians nothing.

So the 8 million military and 14 million civilian Soviets who died in WW2 are irrelevant ? If it wasn't for them we would all be speaking German now as long as we have blonde hair because non Aryans would have been exterminated.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I remember hearing that we only just finished paying off the debt to the US a few years ago and that Canada never charged us a penny. Even though percentage wise they lost more men than most of the allies. Don't quote me on this, i just heard it on the radio.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
And what would be different now if the Germans had won ww1... (of course ww2 would not have happened.) Nationalism/Patriotism = nothing but death for the civilians. Those in power must be laughing...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So the 8 million military and 14 million civilian Soviets who died in WW2 are irrelevant ? If it wasn't for them we would all be speaking German now as long as we have blonde hair because non Aryans would have been exterminated.
do you seriously feel gratitude for the fact that someone we had been at war with for 2 f***ing years , decided to pick on someone else, IE someone who'd left us to stand alone against the krauts , and we are meant to feel grateful that they then decided to defend themselves against the people they'yd left us to fight on our own for 2 years? if the answers yes , then i'm sorry but you're a ****

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Was that on here?

you seem to be distancing yourself from your original argument which seems to be that we should only look after people from those nations who have helped us in some way in the past.

You talked about not helping Aborigines but helping Maoris because Maoris helped us in one of the world wars.

If i have your point wrong could you make it again rather than bringing in other arguments, because i don't get it.

As a strategy changing the argument is a bit weak. What is next threatrs of violence?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here