Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Obese, Drunks and Junkies

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Jobs are out there , the trouble is they're SHIT jobs.

Yes, whereabouts ? This notion that there's an abundance of jobs (be they good or bad) is never backed up with any tangible proof of their existence, even MacDonalds isn't hiring much nowadays.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Very true, there is a no responsibility culture in this country. You could argue that single parent families are a problem, so many problems stem from broken homes although in many cases the parental figure are often a bad influence. Getting back to the original point of this thread though as I say whichever party is in power they will always come up with these vote winning schemes that are in fact unworkable for the reasons I have already stated. I just don't know where this myth about 'jobs being out there' stem from as you ask any Job Centre employee and they will tell you it's just not true. On the other hand yes why should people who have the wherewithal to support themselves subsidise those who can't or simply won't make any effort ? Undoubtedly these issues do need to be addressed but in order to make the changes that most people feel need to be made the measures would need to be far more draconian than most people would like.

To cure these problems, round up all addicts and derelicts and keep them locked away ? Make abortion compulsory ? Force the unemployed to perform community service ? These are the sort of things that could be done but can you imagine the outcry ?

Sterilize everyone, then only unsterilize people when that have completed training on bring up children in a socially acceptable way.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sterilize everyone, then only unsterilize people when that have completed training on bring up children in a socially acceptable way.

Yes but that won't fix the junkies. Anyway I can hear the Catholic Church screaming it's head off already :laugh:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes but that won't fix the junkies. Anyway I can hear the Catholic Church screaming it's head off already :laugh:

leagalise heroin...distribute and manufacture it through the government. then ever so often triple the dose.......Problem solved.

D

Deleted User X18H

Very true, there is a no responsibility culture in this country. You could argue that single parent families are a problem, so many problems stem from broken homes although in many cases the parental figure are often a bad influence. Getting back to the original point of this thread though as I say whichever party is in power they will always come up with these vote winning schemes that are in fact unworkable for the reasons I have already stated. I just don't know where this myth about 'jobs being out there' stem from as you ask any Job Centre employee and they will tell you it's just not true. On the other hand yes why should people who have the wherewithal to support themselves subsidise those who can't or simply won't make any effort ? Undoubtedly these issues do need to be addressed but in order to make the changes that most people feel need to be made the measures would need to be far more draconian than most people would like.

To cure these problems, round up all addicts and derelicts and keep them locked away ? Make abortion compulsory ? Force the unemployed to perform community service ? These are the sort of things that could be done but can you imagine the outcry ?

Available jobs aren't the exclusive knowledge of the Job Centre many avaialbe jobs are in the knowledge domain of recruitment agencies only , so your point there is not valid.

Also it is a beautiful day the Albion are League Champions and if you wander out to Stanmer Park the greatest Albion achievement ever stares you in the face.

Chill out man, this goverment will ensure those that REALLY want to work will have jobs! As Tebbit said 'my Father found work, he got on his bike and went in search of it' (sic)

A bit of initiative when job serching and not relying soley on the Job Centre and many of these people will be suprised what really is out there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Available jobs aren't the exclusive knowledge of the Job Centre many avaialbe jobs are in the knowledge domain of recruitment agencies only , so your point there is not valid.

Also it is a beautiful day the Albion are League Champions and if you wander out to Stanmer Park the greatest Albion achievement ever stares you in the face.

Chill out man, this goverment will ensure those that REALLY want to work will have jobs! As Tebbit said 'my Father found work, he got on his bike and went in search of it' (sic)

A bit of initiative when job serching and not relying soley on the Job Centre and many of these people will be suprised what really is out there.

Ok Timmy, as you know it all suggest a starting point. Rather than speculating over the subject give me some examples otherwise don't bother.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
leagalise heroin...distribute and manufacture it through the government. then ever so often triple the dose.......Problem solved.

Many people actually believe that legalising drugs so that the government can tax them is not such a bad idea, after all, I would bet there are more alcoholics in this country than drug addicts and alcohol is very legal (and taxed).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Many people actually believe that legalising drugs so that the government can tax them is not such a bad idea, after all, I would bet there are more alcoholics in this country than drug addicts and alcohol is very legal (and taxed).

It makes a lot of sense to me, but that is another thread.

Not the tripling the dose bit!

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It makes a lot of sense to me, but that is another thread.

Not the tripling the dose bit!

There are pros and cons yes, there's a case for banning alcohol but it didn't do the Americans any favours in the long run as all it did was promote organised crime to the point that it was by far the most profitable business in the country.

D

Deleted User X18H

Ok Timmy, as you know it all suggest a starting point. Rather than speculating over the subject give me some examples otherwise don't bother.

I just know a lot of these people go to the Job Centre fortnightly and go through the motions, the Agent (or whatever they are called) asks them what they have done to find work, 9/10 times the have applied for 3 jobs maximimum from the Job Centre website as per their JS Agreement. No thought or initiative in looking further afield will have taken place.

A starting point? Ensure everyone claiming spends 7 hours a day (35 hrs a week) re training or applying for paid or unpaid work.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are pros and cons yes, there's a case for banning alcohol but it didn't do the Americans any favours in the long run as all it did was promote organised crime to the point that it was by far the most profitable business in the country.

I meant leagalisiing drugs actually.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just know a lot of these people go to the Job Centre fortnightly and go through the motions, the Agent (or whatever they are called) asks them what they have done to find work, 9/10 times the have applied for 3 jobs maximimum from the Job Centre website as per their JS Agreement. No thought or initiative in looking further afield will have taken place.

A starting point? Ensure everyone claiming spends 7 hours a day (35 hrs a week) re training or applying for paid or unpaid work.

The best thing we give to the world is music and comedy, this starting point would kill these parts of English culture.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Okay then, and who will pay for this training scheme ? have you really any idea about the subject ? As for unpaid work, who will supervise this ? You see all these 'great' ideas cost to set up. Getting back to the original point how would you tackle the problem of addicts of all kinds ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I meant leagalisiing drugs actually.

I know that I am merely outlining some of the whys and why nots of such action. Given the obvious amount of drugs available to help create addicts maybe our strategy for tackling that needs attention. However in order to police it a lot more funding would be needed. This means spending money on something that has no short term benefit although in the longer term it would. Maybe making more severe punishment for simple possession would be a start.

D

Deleted User X18H

Getting back to the original point how would you tackle the problem of addicts of all kinds ?

I'd tell them that under Chris Powell they should consolidate and depending who comes down from the Championship they should have a good chance of at least a play-off place next season.

Oh that type of addict! No don't know.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
would more people do drugs if they were legal? This is always the sticking point with me. They are so accessible and widespread that i wonder. If they were taxed and monitored the money could go back into education and care for those in strife. The drugs would also be cleaner and of a consistent strength thus massively decreasing drug deaths.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd tell them that under Chris Powell they should consolidate and depending who comes down from the Championship they should have a good chance of at least a play-off place next season.

Oh that type of addict! No don't know.

You see it's all very funny to you but not everybody gets a fat redundancy payment and brags smugly about it. As usual typical clueless Tory who knows all the answers yet can't actually come up with any solutions (well, except one but that's a personal matter which needs to be kept in hand).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
would more people do drugs if they were legal? This is always the sticking point with me. They are so accessible and widespread that i wonder. If they were taxed and monitored the money could go back into education and care for those in strife. The drugs would also be cleaner and of a consistent strength thus massively decreasing drug deaths.

I think they would. After all you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that hard drugs soon make you an addict, the problem is that like alcohol (and gambling and so on) it's knowing when your 'hobby' becomes an addiction. On the other hand if drug distribution was controlled and monitored a lot of crime would be averted. You'll get the morality of drugs argument but while alcohol is freely available it's open to reasoned debate I agree.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think they would. After all you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that hard drugs soon make you an addict, the problem is that like alcohol (and gambling and so on) it's knowing when your 'hobby' becomes an addiction. On the other hand if drug distribution was controlled and monitored a lot of crime would be averted. You'll get the morality of drugs argument but while alcohol is freely available it's open to reasoned debate I agree.

But this thread wasn't originally about addiction , more about the liklihood of available jobs within certain communties. Of which there are more than you think.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
in my experience drugs are readily available and those that wish to partake can and on the most part do. It doesn't follow that just because something is available people will do it. Many people as i was growing up took drugs and they all stopped short at different points. Like i say just my experience of growing up in the early 90's when drugs were rife. A little education about hard drugs i think stopped many people from experimenting.

Thank f*** for Grange Hill....Just say no!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here