Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC Divorce File

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry to hear that OTLW - glad to hear that you haven't gone back on the booze - hang on in there.

I haven't been divorced but I did live with someone for nearly eight years. We'd bought a flat together and then she went back to college to do a masters and then she decided to train to be a barrister. I paid the mortgage and supported her for five years and as soon as she starts earning, she pisses off to live with some posh bloke from Primrose Hill.

The thing is, she had previously slagged this bloke off for being a womaniser and then went out with him...he then dumped her after three months and she came around begging me to take her back.

Said no, sold the flat, met Mrs Gwylan and moved to Brighton. I'm now extremely happy and am glad that everything's worked out for the best.

So, there is life after a break-up.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the Left Wing said:
As it is my 3rd divorce (well 5th if I count two longish term relationships) I thought I might turn gay ..... but I just don't find blokes attractive enough!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

have a word with Pete - seagullible.

he is a very pretty boy

:safeway

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
As it is my 3rd divorce (well 5th if I count two longish term relationships) I thought I might turn gay ..... but I just don't find blokes attractive enough!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Few beers could sort that....

oh.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Brovian said:
Nic, I am really, really sorry to hear that. When you first started posting about recovering from alcoholism it seemed like Mrs OTLW was being a rock and a source of strength. What with everything else you've gone through I guess it's a bit of an understatement to say you didn't need this - on all sorts of levels.

This is so trite and easy for me to say, but just hang in there. Keep dealing with life one day at a time. I'll be praying for you.

Thanks Brov

I think a lot of the stuff regarding my second marriage etc ate away at our own marriage .... I also think the large age difference didn't help .....

At the moment my feelings are a mix of sadness, anger and emptiness

thanks again my old Boundstone mate

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
dave the gaffer said:
have a word with Pete - seagullible.

he is a very pretty boy

:safeway

He only has eyes for Harding.... :lolol:

larus

Sorry OTLW.

I seperated from my wife about a year or so ago. I would have stuck it out, but she wanted separation. I'd worked very hard and she ended up with about 80% of what I'd earnt. She has a 3 bed house virtually paid for and a very nice amount of maintenance. I know some people will say that I couldn't have done it without her, but I was earning good money before I met her, and she was doing admin work earning low wages. If anything, she held me back more than helping.

I was down about it at the time, and wanted us to be able to sort it out.

However, after a few weeks of being by myself, I realised that I'd been very unhappy and stressed in the relationship for a good 8 1- 10 years. I tried to keep it going for the wrong reasons. I am now very content.

I don't dislike my ex wife, I still love her in a way, but would never want to go back, even for the childrens sake. I don't really begrudge her the money. I have realised since we separated that money doesn't make you happy.

I met someone else a few months ago, and I wasn't really looking. I knew I didn't want to be alone, but was content and thought that I would meet someone at sometime. However, I started doing Salsa with a mate of mine (he was looking to meet someone), and met someone there. We became friends first, then gradually got closer. I had fancied her from the first moment I saw her, but never thought that she would be interested.
It may sound corny, but this feels so right. We have a lot of understanding of each other, due to similar experiences in life.

Anyway, that's my experience for what it's worth mate. Good luck and stay dry....:wave:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
larus said:
Sorry OTLW.

I seperated from my wife about a year or so ago. I would have stuck it out, but she wanted separation. I'd worked very hard and she ended up with about 80% of what I'd earnt. She has a 3 bed house virtually paid for and a very nice amount of maintenance. I know some people will say that I couldn't have done it without her, but I was earning good money before I met her, and she was doing admin work earning low wages. If anything, she held me back more than helping.

I was down about it at the time, and wanted us to be able to sort it out.

However, after a few weeks of being by myself, I realised that I'd been very unhappy and stressed in the relationship for a good 8 1- 10 years. I tried to keep it going for the wrong reasons. I am now very content.

I don't dislike my ex wife, I still love her in a way, but would never want to go back, even for the childrens sake. I don't really begrudge her the money. I have realised since we separated that money doesn't make you happy.

I met someone else a few months ago, and I wasn't really looking. I knew I didn't want to be alone, but was content and thought that I would meet someone at sometime. However, I started doing Salsa with a mate of mine (he was looking to meet someone), and met someone there. We became friends first, then gradually got closer. I had fancied her from the first moment I saw her, but never thought that she would be interested.
It may sound corny, but this feels so right. We have a lot of understanding of each other, due to similar experiences in life.

Anyway, that's my experience for what it's worth mate. Good luck and stay dry....:wave:

Cheers larus

We had been together 5 years before we got married (I wasn't going to go down that road again after two failures) but we did and it seemed to have gone downhill since then ...

I don't hate her (guess I still love her) but realise the large age gap meant that as I reached middle age, she was "still trying to find herself" using that awful Meryl Streep phrase ....

what I do hate is the fact she could have been honest rather than waiting until I found out!

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
larus said:

However, I started doing Salsa with a mate of mine (he was looking to meet someone), and met someone there. We became friends first, then gradually got closer. I had fancied her from the first moment I saw her, but never thought that she would be interested.

Are you trying to shag Pauline Fowler? :ohmy:

Seriously, all the best.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
On the Left Wing said:
what I do hate is the fact she could have been honest rather than waiting until I found out!

Yeah I hate that - though probably to a lesser degree as some people on here as I've never been through divorce or any of that s**t (just as well, I'm not even 20!)

All the best to you all though, and remember the Albion will never leave you (if that fatso says YES!) :)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The Large One said:
Nic

Come home, fella. The air is warmer down here, the people are nicer, the football team is welcoming, and we are right with you.

Just... come home.

Al

Al thanks mate

I must admit the thought has crossed my mind often (before and after this happened) I need to weigh up two factors - one is how much dosh I will be left with after we sell the family home and two to keeo the distance to keep in touch with my kids (not too bothered about the eldest two as they are adult and mobile, but the two I have been denied access to live in Scotland .. and I don't know what arrangements we will make regarding my wee one (whom I really treasure ... he has a cracking left foot and loves football and knows all the words to Tom Hark and GOSBTS!)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
That's it .... Al is right!

Return to Sussex and track down my first love Denise who used to live in Valley Road, Mile Oak (we were only 11 at the time!)

Trouble is I bet she's grown fat with 20 kids and a huge lardy husband by now!

:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Best wishes mate... shame it should happen to anyone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here