Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
1,416 at the Dripping Pan for Lewes 2 Bognor 0.
Worthing top and Lewes 3rd in the Isthmian, now.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
I was there, great game with Lewes all over Bognor most of the time.

Rather soft penalty for the second goal but, very well taken by Joe Taylor.

yes, think it's been mentioned on this thread by someone else, seems like there's plans to build a seated stand along the north side, as there's space behind the terracing at present

they also need some facilities on the west side of the ground as currently everything is on one side

That would be me. Without repeating everything I posted last time, I've quoted my post from a few weeks ago

As has already been mentioned, plans are in place to eventually dig up the grass bank on the dugout side of the ground, put in a new stand with seating to meet ground grading for National South. Think they have a long term plan to put roof cover around most of the ground to link up with the two covered ends behind each goals as well.

Not sure how many additions there'll be facilities wise alongside the new stand/terracing. Part of the crowdfunding in the summer of 2020 allowed the club to build the new snack shack/bar, toilets and restore the turnstiles in that corner of the ground, so this season there's been more options for those facilities in that regard than ever before.

Not to say they won't look into more of that when considering how those bumper crowds could become more regular at the next step up, but really is a case of how much more they can realistically fit into the ground as things currently stand. Ideal scenario for a start would be restoring the old bar round the front that they now rent out as a gym/leisure space. Long term would probably require someone willing to invest in trying to buy the land owned by the bowls club behind the back of the main stand and expanding facilities in that direction. As has been said, with the rest of the ground surrounded by housing, it's really the only direction they can realistically expand outwards towards.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
No game today ,but wish I'd been 300 miles south to see the perinal bottlers taken a 2 1 league before losing in injury time again too us . Att 5171 1150 away .

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Slough 2-2 Oxford City in the National South today. Really decent game and decent facilities at Arbour Park.

I appreciate it’s the festive period but some incredible attendances all over the country for non-league sides, great to see

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Worthing v Horsham yesterday. Not a vintage performance by Worthing in front of an excellent crowd. Horsham sat deep and seemed happy with a point from the start. Once they went in front with a wonderful strike they had no reason to change their game plan and Worthing struggled to break them down. 2nd half much improved from Worthing. Increase in intensity, moved the ball quicker and played much higher up the pitch. 3 penalties were all correct in my opinion (first one looked very soft!) though the red card was harsh. Ollie sent the keeper the wrong way each time and with other results going our way the lead at the top is 9 points.

Today went to Havant v Dorking in the National South. Havant were smashed 8.0 on Boxing Day at Meadowbank after being reduced to 10 men after 6 minutes.
Today they went down to 10 men after 27 minutes. Dorking took advantage with 2 well worked goals before half time. 2nd half Dorking seemed content to just maintain possession but out of the blue Havant pulled a goal back with a long range effort. No heroic comeback though as Dorking upped the tempo and scored another well created goal in the last few minutes. Dorking play some decent football to be fair, passing the ball out from the back and moving the play from one flank to the other. Havant were the direct opposite, launching the ball down the channels at every opportunity.

Tomorrow its a trip to Carshalton v Worthing, always a tough place to go but hopefully an away win will be the outcome.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's a full programme of fixtures in the SCFL tomorrow with most but not all matches kicking off at 11.00 am

http://www.scfl.org.uk/FixtureList.php?WkNo=1

Bexhill United v Eastboune Town at 11.00 am followed by Peacehaven v Saltdean United at 3.00pm looks interesting

Hopefully my " carer" will feel able to let me out for the day

That'll be the one for me!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Gonna give Wick FC a go tomorrow, was thinking of going to either Fareham Town or Burgess Hill but will see what the trains are like, it will probably be the latter

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Enjoyed being one of 406 paying spectators at the Polegrove this morning to see Bexhill United come from behind to defeat Eastboune Town 3-1

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage(16).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(16).jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(17).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(17).jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(18).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(18).jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(19).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(19).jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(20).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(20).jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 132

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Enjoyed being one of 406 paying spectators at the Polegrove this morning to see Bexhill United come from behind to defeat Eastboune Town 3-1
That's a decent crowd! That old stand so familiar from playing cricket there back in the day.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Looks like 5 sent off at Whitehawk v Three Bridges today. 3 for the Bridges and 2 Hawks. Ref will have earned their money this afternoon, anyone there to see the action?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
that main stand at Bexhill is absolute gorgeous

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Looks like 5 sent off at Whitehawk v Three Bridges today. 3 for the Bridges and 2 Hawks. Ref will have earned their money this afternoon, anyone there to see the action?

Yes, was one of the craziest games of football I’ve ever seen, if you can call it football, ref just lost complete control. There probably should have been 5 Whitehawk penalties and another 2 off for them, complete Headloss all around, could of and probably should have been 7v8. Three Bridges keeper gets a shout out for claiming every ball and making some great saves. Both Three Bridges game I’ve been to (this game and Worthing in the senior cup) have been chaotic in the highest order. Three Bridges seem to have mastered the art of sh*thousery and to be brutally honest I almost respect it, especially their number 4, he could teach classes in it.

Also (which was much less of a spicy encounter) went down to the crouch for the 11am Seaford v Montpellier Villa, a decent game but Seaford too strong for Montpellier Villa, but really friendly set up down at Seaford, very picturesque setting. Heading off to Storrington tomorrow, does anyone know if there is a club house there? Does anyone know? It seems a bit bleak? Information seems a bit low on the ground.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Lacklustre showing from Worthing this afternoon as they were defeated 1.2 at Carshalton.
Drab game overall with few chances. Carshalton 1.0 at half time, doubling their lead with the best moment of the game, a fine, low drive from 20 yards finding the bottom corner.
Worthing did manage to scramble a late reply but Carshalton held on with relative ease.

Regarding Storrington FC, from memory the attached sports centre sells teas, coffees but no idea if there is a bar.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yes, was one of the craziest games of football I’ve ever seen, if you can call it football, ref just lost complete control. There probably should have been 5 Whitehawk penalties and another 2 off for them, complete Headloss all around, could of and probably should have been 7v8. Three Bridges keeper gets a shout out for claiming every ball and making some great saves. Both Three Bridges game I’ve been to (this game and Worthing in the senior cup) have been chaotic in the highest order. Three Bridges seem to have mastered the art of sh*thousery and to be brutally honest I almost respect it, especially their number 4, he could teach classes in it.

Also (which was much less of a spicy encounter) went down to the crouch for the 11am Seaford v Montpellier Villa, a decent game but Seaford too strong for Montpellier Villa, but really friendly set up down at Seaford, very picturesque setting. Heading off to Storrington tomorrow, does anyone know if there is a club house there? Does anyone know? It seems a bit bleak? Information seems a bit low on the ground.

As you can see here, a completely mental challenge

https://twitter.com/yourinstreplay/status/1478092269811027969?s=21

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That's horrific. We went to mile oak v Shoreham and then after many arguments, got the train to lancing v Pheonix Sports. Worse decision ever. 3rd time at Lancing and not enjoyed it once. Should of gone to Whitehawk

Of the 92 games I’ve been to this season, that was easily the worst football quality game I’ve seen, but one of the most entertaining. Hope you enjoyed Mile Oak, not the greatest facilities, but always a friendly welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here