Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I went to see Peacehaven smash Saltdean 3-0 despite playing a third of the match with an outfield player in goal. A good game and a decent crowd of 450ish. Apparently Saltdean have a big budget for that level and went into the match top of the league but they were second best throughout.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Also (which was much less of a spicy encounter) went down to the crouch for the 11am Seaford v Montpellier Villa, a decent game but Seaford too strong for Montpellier Villa, but really friendly set up down at Seaford, very picturesque setting.

Seaford is a good set up but I’m curious why you think it’s a picturesque setting, I’ve been to The Crouch many times and would describe it as a football pitch surrounded by houses.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I can’t see what the player that made the challenge is arguing about ( and his teammate )
Shocking challenge, but fair play to the Whitehawk player for not rolling around.

I think they’re saying he slipped in the mud accidentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Seaford is a good set up but I’m curious why you think it’s a picturesque setting, I’ve been to The Crouch many times and would describe it as a football pitch surrounded by houses.

Maybe, it was the precise spot I was standing but I managed to see the cliffs and the sea from where I was.

24216DB2-72C7-4F3A-ACAA-A49895F016D2.jpeg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe, it was the precise spot I was standing but I managed to see the cliffs and the sea from where I was.

View attachment 143384

There was me thinking you had spotted [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION] and taken his photograph :D

Apologies I had forgotten the cliffs ( Seaford Head ) can be seen from there, probably because I usually stand the other side when I go there.

I’ve just watched the full highlights of the Whitehawk match, mad game and so many missed chances for the Hawks.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There was me thinking you had spotted [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION] and taken his photograph :D

Apologies I had forgotten the cliffs ( Seaford Head ) can be seen from there, probably because I usually stand the other side when I go there.

I’ve just watched the full highlights of the Whitehawk match, mad game and so many missed chances for the Hawks.

Don’t worry I made a super cut so you can get all the best bits

[TWEET]1478142990149373955[/TWEET]

https://twitter.com/jackalbion96/status/1478142990149373955?s=21

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Went back to Withdean today and sat in my old season ticket seats to watch another comfortable win for Newhaven over Varndenians.

I'm pretty gagging to return to the Theatre of Trees to be honest, but I've heard there's not much going on there (no bar etc.)?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm pretty gagging to return to the Theatre of Trees to be honest, but I've heard there's not much going on there (no bar etc.)?

Correct, it’s still decent for the curiosity if you love locally but I wouldn’t drive for hours for it, and I am not understating that the stadium is absolute covered in Pigeon Sh*t

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

When the sun shines it does look amazing there :smile: This was earlier in the season v Peacehaven in the FA vase

Also a great place to take kids as there is plenty of space to run around , enough room behind the goal furthest from the club house for a 5 a side probably

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage(21).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(21).jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 99

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When the sun shines it does look amazing there :smile: This was earlier in the season v Peacehaven in the FA vase

Also a great place to take kids as there is plenty of space to run around , enough room behind the goal furthest from the club house for a 5 a side probably

I went to that match.
I need to open my eyes more often when at The Crouch :facepalm: as mentioned on this thread I don’t think I’ve watched games from that side of the ground.
I should know that the cliffs ( Seaford Head ) can be seen from there as I used to live 5 minutes walk from the ground.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Horsham YMCA and Storrington off, will have to wait to visit 'the worst stadium in County League'

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Great views of the surrounding hills yes indeed, as there are from Piddinghoe Avenue, Peacehaven's home ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant game at Burgess Hill yesterday. Hill 2-1 down going into added time, win 3-2. Two red cards (one after the final whistle).

[tweet]1478102312027824130[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here