Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hastings United 1-0 Lancing , att 2017

A rather drab game with the away side content to defend ( which they did with distinction ) until they went behind in 2nd half . Lancing keeper saved a penalty later on looked a class act .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2145 in attendance to see Worthing go 9 points clear at the top of the table. 3-1 v Horsham, all the goals were penalties, all scored by Ollie Pearce.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
2145 in attendance to see Worthing go 9 points clear at the top of the table. 3-1 v Horsham, all the goals were penalties, all scored by Ollie Pearce.

Shamir Fenelon playing for Horsham & Dean Cox for Worthing,

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1,416 at the Dripping Pan for Lewes 2 Bognor 0.
Worthing top and Lewes 3rd in the Isthmian, now.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hastings United 1-0 Lancing , att 2017

A rather drab game with the away side content to defend ( which they did with distinction ) until they went behind in 2nd half . Lancing keeper saved a penalty later on looked a class act .

Was the keeper ex Albion Russell Bromage’s son?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Was the keeper ex Albion Russell Bromage’s son?

I think his name is Alieu Secka

sec.jpeg

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

I was there. Worthing were poor in the first half and Horsham were deservedly ahead at half time. Worthing were much better in the 2nd and you could tell that as soon as they equalised they'd probably go on to win

bit of a fracas for the 2nd penalty where I THINK the perpetrator managed to get 2 red cards? (for the hand ball and also for dissent?). Might be wrong

Bumper crowd, and they're really going to have to add to their facilities to accommodate for these larger crowds, which have been quite common this season. Massive queues for everything

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was there. Worthing were poor in the first half and Horsham were deservedly ahead at half time. Worthing were much better in the 2nd and you could tell that as soon as they equalised they'd probably go on to win

bit of a fracas for the 2nd penalty where I THINK the perpetrator managed to get 2 red cards? (for the hand ball and also for dissent?). Might be wrong

Bumper crowd, and they're really going to have to add to their facilities to accommodate for these larger crowds, which have been quite common this season. Massive queues for everything

Followed the match on Twitter and Horsham account thought the ref showed the card to the wrong player! (As in a different Horsham player should have been carded.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Followed the match on Twitter and Horsham account thought the ref showed the card to the wrong player! (As in a different Horsham player should have been carded.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah that makes much more sense

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

2145 is more than Crawley had for their league 2 fixture against Colchester United today ( 2022 ) :thumbsup:

Hastings United's attendance of 2017 was a league record at the Pilot Field beating the previous best of 1834 for AFC Wimbledon in 2005 .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
1,416 at the Dripping Pan for Lewes 2 Bognor 0.
Worthing top and Lewes 3rd in the Isthmian, now.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

We were 2 of them for our first non league game in donkeys years. Enjoyed it, better quality than expected and decent atmosphere. Good to watch with pint in hand too. Will definitely be returning. Small steps

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Not just the facilities but they have also got to consider increasing the seated areas. Going to be difficult as the ground is surrounded by housing. Can see Worthing becoming National League in the next three years. Great match today and not sure when, if ever, I have been to a match with three penalties awarded to the same team in the same half all being scored by the same player,

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not just the facilities but they have also got to consider increasing the seated areas. Going to be difficult as the ground is surrounded by housing. Can see Worthing becoming National League in the next three years. Great match today and not sure when, if ever, I have been to a match with three penalties awarded to the same team in the same half all being scored by the same player,

What was viewing like with over 2000 there

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What was viewing like with over 2000 there

Fine. We were in the shed just behind dugout in first half- pretty full but we could still see. Second half we moved ourselves behind goal which was handy for the penalties and red card incident.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

yes, think it's been mentioned on this thread by someone else, seems like there's plans to build a seated stand along the north side, as there's space behind the terracing at present

they also need some facilities on the west side of the ground as currently everything is on one side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here