Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
2 x games today and no goals!!

Credit to the grounds people at Shoreham for actually getting their game on. The pitch held up surprisingly well. A competitve game with not an awful lot of quality on show so hardly surprising it ended 0.0.

Then onto Lancing v Chichester. A poor game overall that I suspect if they were still playing now would still be lacking goals.
Decent crowds at both games with a lot of Bognor and Worthing fans at Culver Road.

Joe Taylor is the best number 9 in the Isthmian Premier in my opinion, always guarenteed to get 25+ goals a season. Getting tight at the top of that division now, Folkestone winning handsomely today and Cheshunt turning over Enfield.

Meanwhile, weather permitting, Bognor v Worthing has now been rescheduled for tomorrow at 3pm.
If the rain gets in the way I'll aim for Havant at 3pm followed by Steyning in the evening.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
:facepalm:
More than handbags from number 12, wow! wouldn’t surprise me if he was on a comedown from something he put up his bugle :rolleyes: definitely shouldn’t be allowed to play again.

Looks like the ref would have got attacked if it wasn’t for the opposition players quick thinking

I hope he gets a lengthy ban from the game. Refs need to be protected. It’s hard enough keeping refs, let alone attracting new refs. I hope an example is made.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I hope he gets a lengthy ban from the game. Refs need to be protected. It’s hard enough keeping refs, let alone attracting new refs. I hope an example is made.

Absolutely.

I’ve just read that this player came on as a sub and was only on for 5 minutes before getting sent off for a bad foul and dissent.
Obviously has got very bad anger issues.

Absolutely.

I’ve just read that this player came on as a sub and was only on for 5 minutes before getting sent off for a bad foul and dissent.
Obviously has got very bad anger issues.
Came on for this fella :dunky:

Attachments

• IMG_20211227_122128.jpg
    IMG_20211227_122128.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
A26 derby was a cracker yesterday, Crowborough behind twice against Tunbridge Wells but won 3-2. Nearly 500 there, would have been more with better weather. "You can stick your Pantiles up your arse" chant of the day !!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
A26 derby was a cracker yesterday, Crowborough behind twice against Tunbridge Wells but won 3-2. Nearly 500 there, would have been more with better weather. "You can stick your Pantiles up your arse" chant of the day !!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I'll second this. Great advert for non league. Played on a slop in awful conditions. Both sets of players giving it all. 5 goals 2 of them crackers. 513 through the gate including an impressive number of Wells fans. But most importantly bragging rights and the points stayed in Sussex.

Decent write up here: https://thatbetheday.blogspot.com/2021/12/crowborough-athletic-3-tunbridge-wells-2.html?m=0

Decent vlog here:
[yt]TqmcXjo5HLo[/yt]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Worthing 2-1 up at Bugger Bognor atm.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Excellent result for Worthing, first half was very even but the second half was one way traffic with wave after wave of Worthing attacks.
In the end 1.3 flattered Bognor, could easily have been 5 or 6. Meekums was fantastic, Armstrong and Barker bossed the middle of the park and young Beresford was a threat down the right.
Great afternoon and interesting to see how much the pitch miraculously improved overnight after yesterday's postponement!!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just got back. A fiesty encounter; terrifc crowd with two vocal sets of supporters. Worthing were very slow to get going, but far and away the better side after the break. Comfortable in the end. Really feels like non-league football is experiencing a bit of a golden age at the moment.

Yep, was there too.

I’m a Rocks fan more than Worthing, but they def deserved it in the second half. Pretty decent scrap as well, shame it was on the far side from where we were standing.

Belting atmosphere, although quite amusing watching fans walk around the ground after Worthing’s rather odd decision to switch ends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Yep, was there too.

I’m a Rocks fan more than Worthing, but they def deserved it in the second half. Pretty decent scrap as well, shame it was on the far side from where we were standing.

Belting atmosphere, although quite amusing watching fans walk around the ground after Worthing’s rather odd decision to switch ends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was very funny. Respective 'ultra's spent pre-match singing about how much they hate each other, only for both groups to have to walk right past one another whilst changing ends via the side terrace....!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here