Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Shoreham 1 Steyning 0 in the Sussex Senior. Poor game tbh, Shoreham deserved the win. Character required by the Barrowmen at the moment. It’s getting cold out there.
Also went, definitely not alot between the top end of premier and top of division 1. Hopefully Shoreham go up this season. Next round is Shoreham v Eastbourne Town.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Shoreham 1 Steyning 0 in the Sussex Senior. Poor game tbh, Shoreham deserved the win. Character required by the Barrowmen at the moment. It’s getting cold out there.

Apparently a Steyning player got sent off, which I have literally no recollection of. First Bovril of the season consumed though.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading up to Mile Oak tonight to watch them take on Horsham YMCA in the Peter Bentley Trophy, for game 53 of the season. Should be a decent game, with Mile Oak having a new management team and a long awaited win on Saturday against Arundel. Shame Mile Oak didn't draw Brighton in the senior cup, but I don't think the ground would be able to deal with the crowd.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Also went, definitely not alot between the top end of premier and top of division 1. Hopefully Shoreham go up this season. Next round is Shoreham v Eastbourne Town.

Shoreham had some good players. Steyning are in a poor run of form at the moment. We have played football in recent times - last night was just a poor series of straight long balls - mostly to the Shoreham keeper. Great goal to win the game, took it forward and struck it straight in the top far corner. That was not an easy shot. Good luck in the next round.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently a Steyning player got sent off, which I have literally no recollection of. First Bovril of the season consumed though.

I had my first Bovril of the season a few weeks ago at Shoreham and the kind lady asked me if I wanted PEPPER in it and now I will always have pepper in it when I can. Absolute gamechanger.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I had my first Bovril of the season a few weeks ago at Shoreham and the king lady asked me if I wanted PEPPER in it and now I will always have pepper in it when I can. Absolute gamechanger.

Exactly the same happened to me, and I can confirm this is an absolute game changer, never going back.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I was at the top of the table clash between Saltdean and Littlehampton in the County League Premier tonight. A tetchy, scrappy game in freezing conditions, with very few chances for either side after Saltdean hit the bar in the first couple of minutes.

The hosts nicked it late on with a close range finish, but a draw would probably have been a fairer result. Saltdean's defence was probably the difference, they limited the prolific Joe Benn to a single chance which was well saved by the keeper.

I enjoyed the game. It was tight and could have gone either way. The result will make the league more interesting. It was also good to hear about Saltdean’s plans to install a 3G pitch and build new stands.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I enjoyed the game. It was tight and could have gone either way. The result will make the league more interesting. It was also good to hear about Saltdean’s plans to install a 3G pitch and build new stands.

Not quite the game-changer as a peppered Bovril - but a 3G pitch makes a massive difference to clubs at this level who also run youth and girl teams. TBH Steyning could do with a second 3G .......

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Can any of the Saltdean fans here tell me what happened to Lewes "legend" Janie Brotherton? Has he retired?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Decent game at Mile Oak last night to see them into the quarter finals of the Peter Bentley Trophy, but sadly no peppered bovril. A real game of two halves with Mile Oak having the better of the first and Horsham YMCA having the better of the second. Cracking goal from Horsham YMCA to equalise from at least 30 yards out. Went down to a penalty shootout, of which YMCA had one saved, but a collection of very good penalties. The scorer of the Mile Oak goal, Enzo Benn, is related to Littlehampton's Joe, could make the quarter final v Littlehampton interesting.

Last edited:

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Another win for Worthing yesterday in front of a good crowd of 1104.

Worthing much the better side in the first half and fully deserved their 2.0 half time lead - Starkey and Pearce with 2 decent finishes.

Potters Bar were in the ascendency for much of the 2nd half. They missed a penalty straight after the restart - a good save from Male before pulling 1 back in the 52nd minute. Both keepers were called into action throughout the remainder of the contest with Worthing just about hanging on for the 3 points.

28 points gained now from the last 30 available.

Alfie Young played well for the visitors and was denied a goal to make it 2.2 after another good save from Male.

A welcome midweek off now to give some of the squad the chance to rest niggling injuries before a tough away tie in the Trophy next Saturday at Hayes and Yeading.

It appears the Senior Cup tie against Seaford Town will be played on Tuesday 23rd November.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Have had a good weekend of non league, got games 56 & 57 done of the season, at St Albans City which was a proper cup tie with a great result, made me miss the days of our fa cup exploits in the 1st and 2nd round, which were usually dramatic if not in Brighton’s favour. Then Dagenham tonight, to revisit a ground where I last saw Glenn Murray score at in a 1-0 win, for a pretty drab tie against Salford but the Daggers were definitely worth an equaliser. Off to the crouch tomorrow in the Peter Bentley against Newhaven, that’ll be ground Number 143 and game 58 of the season.

They call it the Tides Mill Derby! Well they don't but its Derby Seaford v Newhaven at the crouch tonight 7.30pm Cup football under lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_230720.jpg
    IMG_20211026_230720.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 98

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here