Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton 5 AFC Uckfield 2 for me this evening, in the Senior Cup. But for some careless finishing it could have been a lot more, too. Still not convinced that the Golds' defence (and the current stand-in keeper) are good enough to win anything this year, but they keep on getting the results. Joe Benn got his 29th and 30th of the season tonight and a few regulars are becoming available again, so it will be interesting to see if the performances pick up.

Have Seaford managed to get their flood lights repaired .or upgraded . I understand that they are due an inspection and need to do so otherwise are in danger of being demoted nest season ?

:dunky:

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_230720.jpg
    IMG_20211026_230720.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Good game at Woodside in my opinion despite being a game of few chances.

Despite plenty of possession Worthing were unable to create many scoring opportunities in the first half as Merstham got their tactics spot on, defending in numbers, staying organised and looking to hit hit Worthing on the break. Defensive slip up allowed the visitors a half chance just before half time and their forward finished well from a tight angle.

Hinsh changed formation in the 2nd half going to 4-3-3 and Worthing played with much more intensity and moved the ball with more intent. The reward was 2 good goals in the space of 5 minutes, Pearce with the first and then a fine finish by Meekums. Only a fantastic double save by Toby Bull, who I believe is still signed on by the Albion, from Golding prevented a 3rd.

Worthing move to the top but Folkestone are still unbeaten with 2 games in hand after their fine win tonight at Bognor coming from 2 down to win 4.2

Crowds of 1063 at Woodside, 700+ at Bognor and 1300+ at Hastings tonight.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Despite plenty of possession Worthing were unable to create many scoring opportunities in the first half as Merstham got their tactics spot on, defending in numbers, staying organised and looking to hit hit Worthing on the break. Defensive slip up allowed the visitors a half chance just before half time and their forward finished well from a tight angle.

Hinsh changed formation in the 2nd half going to 4-3-3 and Worthing played with much more intensity and moved the ball with more intent. The reward was 2 good goals in the space of 5 minutes, Pearce with the first and then a fine finish by Meekums. Only a fantastic double save by Toby Bull, who I believe is still signed on by the Albion, from Golding prevented a 3rd.

Worthing move to the top but Folkestone are still unbeaten with 2 games in hand after their fine win tonight at Bognor coming from 2 down to win 4.2

Crowds of 1063 at Woodside, 700+ at Bognor and 1300+ at Hastings tonight.

Great result for Worthing, grinding out results now, if they can sort out the leaky back line they’ll be on their way. Mind you if they don’t sort out the backline it’ll sure be entertaining.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 1-3 East Preston

Bizarre game. Kick off put back by 15 mins as EP players had travel issues. I assume this was due to A27 getting closed due to a lorry fire. As it was they started with 10 including a lad that looked like he'd never played the game before. Consequently it was one way traffic for 25 mins. A combination of poor finishing, last ditch defending and at times a bit of luck they managed to keep the score at 1 nil. The Crowborough goal was a cracker scissor kick volley from around the penalty spot into the top corner. Shortly after that another player arrived and they were back to 11 and then 3 more shortly followed. The aforementioned raffle winner was replaced by a big lump who came in at centre half and took the captains armband. He made all the difference and settled EP down, plugged the huge holes in the defence and made it a decent contest.

Then 2 minutes of madness shortly before half time. Firstly the Crows full back clearly didn't look up before playing a square ball across the box. EP no 11 picked the ball up and fired into the bottom corner. 1-1. A minute later long ball over the top same number 11 did the centre half for pace and was brought down. Lino gave the foul, ref sent the Crowborough player off and we were once again 11 against 10 but the other way round. Said free kick was quite tame but Crowborough keeper had his teflon gloves on and spilled it into the net.

Second half was a very scrappy affair. Lots of Crowborough pressure which EP soaked up well and then looked dangerous going forward. The inevitable happened as Crowborough pushed more people forward. EP broke and scored a cracker with about 5 to go.

Well done to East Preston, hell of win given the circumstances. Crowborough could and should have been out of sight in the first 25 minutes.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Managed to get a few games for the FA Cup weekend with tickets for St Albans City v Forest Green Rovers and Dagenham v Salford in the bag. Gonna give Shoreham v Steyning in the world's greatest cup competition the sussex senior cup during the week. Following up with the Third Round of the Peter Bentley Cup at Mile Oak on Wednesday. As of tonight I'll be past the 50 game mark with the Under 23s game at the training ground, I guess this is the home stretch now :lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Managed to get a few games for the FA Cup weekend with tickets for St Albans City v Forest Green Rovers and Dagenham v Salford in the bag. Gonna give Shoreham v Steyning in the world's greatest cup competition the sussex senior cup during the week. Following up with the Third Round of the Peter Bentley Cup at Mile Oak on Wednesday. As of tonight I'll be past the 50 game mark with the Under 23s game at the training ground, I guess this is the home stretch now :lolol:

Would you post a pic of the teamsheet, please, if you see one?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Hinsh was sat a few rows behind us in the first half. He was really not happy - understandably - with the Merstham goal ... very well taken as you say from a very tight angle. Hinsh got up ... stormed down the steps past us ... and threw something violently into one of the black bin bags (I don't think it was his unfinished cheeseburger :D)!! Next thing we knew he was across the pitch on the touchline in front of the dugout barking out orders!

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Hinsh was sat a few rows behind us in the first half. He was really not happy - understandably - with the Merstham goal ... very well taken as you say from a very tight angle. Hinsh got up ... stormed down the steps past us ... and threw something violently into one of the black bin bags (I don't think it was his unfinished cheeseburger :D)!! Next thing we knew he was across the pitch on the touchline in front of the dugout barking out orders!

I stand right between the dugouts and Hinsh coming down from the stand definitely made a difference to the sides performance. Once he arrived pitch side we played with a lot more intensity and moved the ball around much quicker.

Normally he spends the first 45 in the stand before spending the 2nd half by the dugouts.

Tricky trip away to managerless Chertsey tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to hopefully making some progress in the Trophy.

Wingate away for Worthing on Tuesday but with work etc. making that game looks unlikely so instead I'll either be at Shoreham or the top of the table clash between Saltdean and Littlehampton.
Aiming to pop along to Mile Oak on Wednesday and then back to Woodside on Thursday evening for the FA Cup tie between Worthing and Charlton Athletic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here