Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Muslim Tommies

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
serious question , what do people think would happen if all the people on this thread , and others , that are spewing insults and hatred at each other met up in a pub , and got pissed together ? would it end up in mayhem, or a drunken arms round the shoulders " your my best mate you are" type scenario ?

I suspect we would all agree to disagree on politics, but if we have any sense we would talk about some things that are far more important. I know some NSC'ers who have met you, and whilst they say you do have a chip on your shoulder about some things, you buy your round and that's fine by me.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
thats incredible. Anyone else know about this?!
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but yes, I thought it was common knowledge that the Pavillion was used as a hospital for Indian troops in WW1 (it's in the Pavillion guide book). Apparently when the unconscious ones came round they were so gobsmacked by the palatial interior that they thought they'd died and gone to heaven!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
serious question , what do people think would happen if all the people on this thread , and others , that are spewing insults and hatred at each other met up in a pub , and got pissed together ? would it end up in mayhem, or a drunken arms round the shoulders " your my best mate you are" type scenario ?

Don't care so long as you get the rounds in all night.

You appear to be the minted one among us.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
OK, i'll say it. I actually quite like the posts from you and Bushy on the subject of nationhood and "Ein Volkness" and the interesting slant you have on Islam and its pernicious influence on society...hell I even agree with you in some regards..The point I am making is that Nationalism is also a nasty idea that persuades a lot of lazy thinkers that exclusion is the way forward.

Nazi Germany demonised the Jews, The British right demonises the Muslims..where's the difference? would you have been happier if I said "Lord Dharzi, Rageh Omaar and Mohammed Quarzhi rather than Vanessa Feltz, Esther Rantzen and Michael Winner? either way the analogy stands.

I genuinely apologise for upsetting you on the subject of the Holocaust though.

No problem mate, and me too for my fiery reaction.

The problem with your analogy however is their is slightly more justification for one demonisation than the other. As far as I am aware, no one blew up any Berlin buses in the 30's in the name of Judaism. Not saying the demonisation is right, just comparing the murder of millions of people with a few angry right wing newspaper articles after some severe provocation involving home grown terrorists, is not an analogy that holds up to any serious scrutiny.

Sections of society can have friction between them without it inevitably leading to cattle trucks and zyklon b.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Did you read my post saying I am watching it now?

Its just above yours. It does help to pay attention if you are just wading in for no reason, and then hilariously attempting to pull people up on not seeing something.

I was just asking if you watched it. Not sure why you are so defensive.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
We have always relied on immigration to some extent economically. Where the right wing press and those who believe them get it so wrong is by pedalling the myth that immigrants are a drain on our society and economy when in reality immigration provides far more cultural and economic benefits than it does problems. That's not to say my head's stuck in the sand and there are no problems associated with immigration, but on balance we are the benefactors. The government realises this, the financial sector realises this, hell even Hitler realised it. Simple fact - we need some level of controlled immigration, which is what we've got. It's not perfect but it's better than any of the alternatives so far suggested.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
el pres , quoting celts, saxons and normans etc is ridiculous,spoiling an otherwise sensible post.

But is it ridiculous, if you look at the long term history of this country, there has always been movement in the population to and from overseas.

60% of the students I teach at the business school are Muslim, some take their faith seriously, some are decent, some are wankers, just like every other creed and colour I come into contact with.

You work in the City, and that is surely one of the least prejudiced places in the country in terms of religion or ethnic background, the only things that matter from my observation is hard work, a modicum of intelligence and a love of money, they don't give a f*** if you are black, white or yellow, so long as you worship the green.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but yes, I thought it was common knowledge that the Pavillion was used as a hospital for Indian troops in WW1 (it's in the Pavillion guide book). Apparently when the unconscious ones came round they were so gobsmacked by the palatial interior that they thought they'd died and gone to heaven!

I was joking mate. It baffled me why he felt the need to put that up.

Apparently there is a pier with fruit machines and stuff on somewhere in the town too, I will look out for that too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No problem mate, and me too for my fiery reaction.

The problem with your analogy however is their is slightly more justification for one demonisation than the other. As far as I am aware, no one blew up any Berlin buses in the 30's in the name of Judaism. Not saying the demonisation is right, just comparing the murder of millions of people with a few angry right wing newspaper articles after some severe provocation involving home grown terrorists, is not an analogy that holds up to any serious scrutiny.

Sections of society can have friction between them without it inevitably leading to cattle trucks and zyklon b.

Would you therefore say there is a case for the demonisation of the Irish as they have killed more in the UK in the form of terrorist attacks than Islamists?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Show me, I have not deleted any of your threads as far as I can remember, neither have any of my fellow mods in relation to you expressing your views. Display the evidence and I will happily apologise and back down.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Would you therefore say there is a case for the demonisation of the Irish as they have killed more in the UK in the form of terrorist attacks than Islamists?

I am not in the business of making cases for it. Anyway, with the Irish, it happened in spades too, and long before, so no need to debate it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Says who?

That said, I think a tremendous amount of latitude has been shown towards you and the way you repeatedly de-rail threads. Perhaps it is finally time to stop that happening.
i dont think i de-rail threads, derby gull posted about muslim tommies , and offered an opinion , i took an opposite one , i you dont like that and feel the need to ban me , then so be it, i wil be disappointed as i enjoy NSC, but im not going to beg.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Simple fact - we need some level of controlled immigration, which is what we've got.

earlier we were discussing fact v interpretation. I think this may be a classic case Joe!

The victors write history, I think the people not bearing the brunt of mass immigration in this country but reaping the economic benifits most are the victors, wouldn't you say?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I haven't, but given that countries such as England (especially when you factor in all the Celts, Saxons, Normans and so on) the USA and Australia all have high level of immigration, what makes their societies more sick than others?

Considering that the USA is on the downward spiral. I think you have my answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here